“2 night stop over in Abu Dhabi”

Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Returning to Sydney from Jordan(Petra) we had a 2 day stop over at Abu Dhabi at the Centro. Booking and transfers to/from the Hotel was supposed to have been arranged by Etihad airline however when we arrived there was no car waiting and no one in the Rotana guest reception room at the airport had any record of the booking. Very little assistance provided :( so we arranged for a taxi to take us to the Centro-Yas Island.
Front desk (Mooshin/Harry/Vikkas) did a wonderful job in sorting out the booking with Etihad and although we had to wait an hour we were provided with a room even though Etihad had not confirmed the booking. As a result what looked like being a disaster was made a most enjoyable stay, thanks to Mooshan/Harry/Vikkas - the Front Desk guys. Recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Peter H,

Thank you very much for choosing the Centro Yas Island for your recent stopover.

I am so pleased that Mohsin, Harry, and Vikas displayed the very best in hospitality despite the turbulent arrival to Abu Dhabi and to the hotel, we are proud of their professionalism and I will pass on your praise.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, hopefully for a longer visit so you can discover what the hotel and what Abu Dhabi has to offer as a leisure destination.

There are newer reviews for Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana

Reviewed May 19, 2013

the centro features OUTSTANDING hospitality, great reception, free in-room wi-fi, decent food, a nice patio/pool area, and good proximity to all that yas island has to offer. the centro hotel by rotana is another in my growing list of favorites in abu dhabi.

of course, abu dhabi international airport is just minutes away, making centro another great choice for the business traveler. it's also within walking distance of yas circuit, ferrari world, public beaches, and golf courses. a never ending queue of taxis and shuttles ferry guests to downtown abu dhabi for shopping, dining, site seeing, etc.

rooms are spacious, clean, and well-serviced. the housekeeping staff is among the best anywhere and deserve a special thanks.

the only downside to centro is that the mattresses were a bit too soft for my liking, but maybe i'm just being picky. in sum, at less than a c-note per nite, centro is an excellent choice and the value to price is very impressive.

recommended for couples, families, and business or solo travelers who appreciate the rare 5 star experience at a 3 star price.

Room Tip: higher floors are smoking rooms, lower floors are non-smoking rooms. it's refreshing to still ha...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Paganviking,

Thank you very much for the delightful review and for sharing you feedback. The housekeeping team is grateful for the kind compliments.

With regards to the mattress, please feel free to e-mail me with your room number as we want to make sure that it's in tip-top condition.

I am glad that we could offer you what you need at the best possible price, and I assure you that the service quality will remain consistent. Also, stay tuned for great packages and offers for the upcoming few months!

Looking forward to welcoming you back, best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is our first time staying in a Hotel in Yas Island and in a Rotana chain and I am very much impressed on how they managed to give a good and quality service for a "3 star hotel". The rooms are spacious for two and the bathroom is well maintained. The front desk are courteous and very helpful. MY special thanks to Ms. Jogen for providing an excellent service. Check-in was definitely a breeze. Food offerings/promotion are OK as they have a buffet dinner available. Overall, I would be recommending this hotel for people who would like to have a great experience minus the high price tag.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Dakidd0515,

Very warm welcome to Centro Yas Island and to Rotana Hotels, thank you very much for your confidence and for your positive feedback.

On behalf of Jogen, thank you very much for acknowledging our efforts. I assure you that you will find the same level of service and food quality on every visit.

We hope to welcome you, your family and friends very soon, until then best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was my first time in Abu Dhabi, and I couldn't of had a warmer reception. I was made welcome from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The room had all the facilities you would require, and was kept to a high standard of cleanliness. The restaurant was always well stocked with a good variety of food, and a good gym/pool area. My business was located outside the main city, so this hotel was ideally located for my means. I would highly recommend this hotel to others, and suitable for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear ADDod,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to giving us your feedback.

It is very pleasing to know that you felt right at home at Centro Yas Island. All of your comments will be shared with the team.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, perhaps to discover more of what Yas Island has to offer.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the first time my family and I stayed in any of Rotana Hotel chains. We are all pleased with our stay in this 3-star hotel. This hotel can certainly pass for 5!

We booked 2 Double Bedrooms last 3-4 May, 2013 directly to the hotel. Rack rate is Dhs 399/night without taxes but we only paid Dhs 200/night using our company's discount code. We also booked our buffet breakfast upon check-in which is Dhs 60. We also used our company's discount code and availed of the discounted rate of Dhs 45/person.

We were given rooms 480 & 483. I requested for an adjoining room; however, the rooms in between were occupied but it was nice of the hotel staff to note our request. Room 480 has the side view overlooking Crowne Plaza and part of the beach area while Room 483 has the beach view which is beautiful. The rooms are spacious with a floor-to-ceiling window which makes the rooms bright with natural light seeping until sunset. The beds, comforters and pillows are ultra comfortable and soft. My family and I have had the best weekend sleepover in Yas Island! The rooms are very clean and well-maintained. There is only one problem in Room 480, the marble-top nightstand had a chipped side near the bed. I hope the management takes note of this and have it repaired.

The bathroom is spacious but lacking tub which is fine. You can always soak in the pool if you want to relax. The toiletries are well-stocked and the towels are freshly scented. It is very different from the usual industrial-washed linens and bath towels of other hotels we have stayed in.

Other amenities include:
Free wifi connection in all rooms
Mini-ref and complimentary coffee/tea/water
Hair Dryer
Flat TV
Air Conditioned rooms with thermostat
Long vanity table/study table
Extra pillow in the cabinet
Safe box
Wake-up call/alarm
Hi-tech phone system
Gym/Pool facilities
Bars/Restaurant/Deli Shop
Business centre
Free covered parking
Free access to Rotana's pool (the bigger hotel next to Centro Yas)

The staff are very cordial and have excellent customer service. They welcomed us with a big smile and were very accommodating with our requests and queries. Harry assisted us on our check-in and it only took a max of 5 minutes to complete the check-in process. Checking out was also a breeze with the help of Ms. Jogen. The deli shop attendant is also cordial, even the waiters in the restaurant. I must say, I am beyond impressed with the way they treat their clients in this hotel. It certainly made all of us special.

The breakfast buffet which is continental has a wide variety of choices. We were satisfied and the Dhs 45 we paid per head was really worth it.

The only down side that I can think of about this hotel are:
1. The over-priced commodities in the deli shop. I bought a soda can for Dhs 11! It was like 650% mark up on the normal selling price of a small soda can which is Dhs 1.50 if bought in the grocery.
2. The chipped side of the night stand's marble top in our room
3. The broken sliding door in Room 483
4. The peeled wall paper near Room 483

The whole experience in this hotel is nothing but very satisfying. This is one property I will not shy from recommending to family and friends. I am seldom impressed in most properties but Centro Yas Island Hotel in Abu Dhabi definitely left a positive indelible mark.

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room. You can also have a good view of the nearby beach.

Dear Msculit,

We appreciate so much your kind words and for taking the time to post a fantastic review of Centro Yas Island. Thank very much as well for the detailed description and for the posting all those great photos. In addition, I am thankful for your constructive feedback and I assure you that they have all been rectified.

All of your comments shall be shared with the team, I am very proud of my colleagues that consistently and genuinely strive to satisfy our hotel and restaurant guests.

We also sincerely hope that you and your family shall visit us again very soon, please let us know and we will be more than happy to make the arrangements.

Thanks once again and best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is my first time in this hotel and i was amaze how a 3 star hotel can be this good. We have been to other hotels in the UAE and for the price that we paid, the service and the facilities were all unexpectedly and exceeded our expectations.

I also would like to commend Ms. Jogen who attended to us during check-in, she was very helpful and accommodating to our requests and needs. The bartenders and waiters were also kind and assisting.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Jay M,

On behalf of the entire team at Centro, thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services.

I will share your compliments to Jogen and our restaurant and bar team which will surely motivate us to do our very best to satisfy all of our guests.

We hope that you and your family will visit us again very soon, the team and I shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yas Island is around 30 km from the main city of Abu Dhabi. It is not more than 10 mins away from the Abu Dhabi Airport by Taxi and shares island with Yas Marina F1 circuit, the Ferrari World and the new Yas Waterworld.
Centro Hotel is a 3 star hotel under the umbrella of Rotana hotels. I had stayed here for approximately 26 days in the month of April 2013.
The checkin process for real smooth. Did not take more than 5 mins to be from the front gate of the hotel to the allotted room. The rooms are spacious enough for 2 people. The morning breakfast at C.Taste, their restaurant is good and helps to start the day perfectly. The Friday brunch is awesome and so is the dinner buffet. Only more Indian Dishes would have been perfect. My stay was made very comfortable by really helpful staff of the hotel. Manas, Abhinav, Vikas, Pearly. Jogen and many others who work behind the scenes made our stay remember able. I hope to return soon and enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Aviral_Tripathi,

I wish to express my appreciation for your kind review and choosing Centro Yas Island. It is very motivating to us all that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

Thank you very much as well for recognizing the colleagues that made your stay memorable, I will be sure to share your comments.

Please let me know when you plan to be in Abu Dhabi again, we shall all look forward to your return.

With best regards,