“My Home away from HOME”

Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana
Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent close to an year at this place. I wouldn't call it a hotel, because in hotels you are service bound but here I am bound by care and affection.
I work for one of the worlds leading Airlines, as a matter of fact I am allotted any 3 or 4 star hotel. But, from the first stay here at Centro I never wanted to change. I was re booked my stay here even if was booked anywhere else.
The staffs are just amazing, I remember the time when I had bad health. I informed the staff at the front desk and then on they made sure I was well taken care. I was also called once a day as a matter concern.
Few names I would never forget Jane (her way of greeting me Good Morning); Vikas (cute guy with the best smile to make a day); Nasir (Indian, who always says "Phir bhi dil hai Hinduatani) and Mohsin (Amazing personality, soft spoken professional)
With an environment like this I'd always come home when I am away from home.

About the facilities and the rooms, they are just perfect for a budget stay and business purpose. The gym and the pool is maintained well.

I really wanted to take time and write this review. I am expressive by nature. Thank you for giving me an opportunity.

Gouranga Chakraborty Room#270 (always)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gouranga C
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Gouranga,

From all of us at Centro Yas Island, thank you very much for your sincere review and recognition. We are touched by your positive feedback.

We were honoured to serve you, please always stay in touch and visit us when you have the opportunity.

Best wishes,

Centro Yas Island team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have spent many weeks here and for a rated 3 star, please do not be put off by this , as you will find everything you want from the bigger star ratings here.
Very clean throughout.
The staff in ALL areas are very polite, kind and helpful. The food is very good ,the express deli for those who want breakfast to go.
Pool area quieter than the larger hotels around the Yas Island complex.You also have full use of the facilities from the opposite Rotanna hotel.( 4 star)
So Top tip !
Book here and enjoy the experience.
Thank you for reading this. Wayne Norris

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear 88wayne,

We are sincerely moved by your kind words and compliments. On behalf of the entire team at Centro Yas Island, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are proud to have met and exceeded your expectation, especially since you were with us over a long period thus you have a very good idea about our services and facilities. All your comments will be shared with the team and we recognize all the team for the excellent job they do day after day.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, please think of us on your visit to Abu Dhabi.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Affordable with moderns rooms (on the small side for Abu Dhabi), a convenient location and good service. The check-in was efficient, house cleaning did an excellent job and the service at the buffet was great (the actual food at the buffet was average). The beds are comfortable and the gym is surprisingly well equipped. We stayed 4 nights here as last minute accommodation and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Overall, good value affordable accommodation if you want to stay on Yas Island.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Banana_abroad,

Warm greetings from Centro Yas Island, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for the valuable feedback about the buffet, as well as your compliments regarding the service and facilities that you experienced. We are proud of the team and shall relay your feedback to them.

Looking forward to your next visit to Abu Dhabi, until then sending you our best wishes,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good hotel, well located for a night out on Yas Island. Close to the airport so very convenient for a quick in and out trip if you want to avoid the city. Yas Island and the hotels area is quite soulless and not somewhere I would choose for a holiday, but we went to see a concert at Du Arena and the hotel is in the perfect location for that. The room was small, but clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. Staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming. I didn't eat at the hotel other than from the snack shop. I had wanted to take breakfast, but as it was a busy time there was no indoor seating other than at a shared table, so I decided not to.

Next time I go to an event on Yas, I'll return to Centro.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dohadiverdiva,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to Centro Yas Island, it is great to know that you came to attend a concert and chose our hotel.

Your kind comments about the team are motivating, thank you for that and I will certainly share your feedback with the team. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed the room.

I would highly recommend that you visit Yas Island, especially for short breaks where you can enjoy the Yas WaterWorld, the Ferrari World, the Yas Beach, the Yas Golf Links, or the Yas Marina Circuit. With regards to the concert, you can expect an exciting performance line up starting September.

We are certainly eager to welcome you back, please remain in touch. Thank you for the feedback and best regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Good value. Clean spacious rooms for the price. Next door to Rotana Yas with great restaurants and bars. Friendly staff. Valet parking and free wireless. Breakfast included, but very basic and could be expanded. All in all, preferred stay for a night out on Yas!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Chris V,

We wish to thank you for your confidence, it was a pleasure to welcome you back to Centro Yas Island.

We appreciate your compliments and will certainly share with the team. Regarding the breakfast, please know that we are currently looking at a breakfast revamp so please visit us again and I'm sure you will notice a difference.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Centro Yas Island for three nights and it was a really pleasant stay.
They welcomed me friendly and nicely right when I got out of the taxi and took my luggage and carried it up to my room.

The reception was really friendly. I had several questions and requests and they answered and did everything I asked for. (e.g. I was trying to figure out how to get to Dubai and the receptionist told me in detail how to get to my hotel in Dubai). Their English was pretty good and as I said, all of the workers were friendly.

The room itself was pretty nice as well. I arrived at the hotel pretty early in the morning so they told me that my room wasn’t ready yet and also asked me if I wanted a twin bed room instead. I took that one and it was really nice. The view wasn’t great but I don’t usually stay in the room for that long. The entire room was really clean and they cleaned it every day, gave me new towels and nicely put my stuff, that I threw all over the floor, to the side. I’m a little torn about the bathroom. It was pretty “open” and therefore if you travel with others, you can basically hear everything. You can lock the door but it’s just a slide door and I didn’t really like that. What I loved about the bathroom though was the shower. The shower was accessible for handicapped people, it was super clean and they provided shampoo and everything.

The breakfast in the morning was in my opinion really good. They had cornflakes, traditional arabic breakfast, international breakfast and basically something for everyone.

I didn’t really get to see the hotel facilities much because I spent my days outside. What I saw though was a little shop right inside the hotel where I could by sandwiches and other necessities for traveling. I was about to buy a transformer-thing for my electronic devices so that I could put them into the outlet and they kindly told me that I could just go to the reception and get one. I really appreciated it that.

Overall I’m 100% satisfied with the hotel. I didn’t know what to expect and I basically felt like a king. I would stay there again and recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear FrederikU_13,

Thank you very much for choosing Centro Yas Island and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is delightful to know that you were take care of during your stay, we are proud of the team's professionalism and courtesy and we strive to do the same of each and every guest. In addition, I will certainly share your positive feedback about the breakfast with the Kitchen team.

We all wish to welcome you back in the near future, please think of us on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here at beggining of April, when it was school holidays and very busy.rooms were quite small, but okay. They have comfortable beds, goods facilities.nice pool area. There is a deli where you can get snacks 24hrs and was reasonably priced. Very dissapointed that although there is a bar, you cant get a glass of wine in the restaurant, you can only drink it in the bar area?? (According to our waiter), but after being informed of this, i was furious to go and get my buffet and discover the man sitting at the nearest table with a glass of red wine in hand! We only had one evening meal here,(the first evening),starters in the buffet were good, the main courses on that night were roasts consisting of beef,chicken and lamb. Also fish and chips, my son returned to the table with a half empty plate there was fish but no chips, so i went down to get mine there was chips but no fish, this continued for over 1/2 hr in a que. my husband went o get roast and there was nothing but lamb. They really need to get this sorted out. Breakfast was a bit the same all five mornings but not quite so long to wait for dishes to be refilled. Having said this i would probably return to the hotel if they maaged to sort their small problems out.** Also beware of the extra charges on your bill room rates do not include taxes and do add up to your final bill.Good location for ferrari world and yas waterpark with free bus service right outside the door.

Room Tip: As far as im aware this hotel does not have family rooms which is a pity, we have rooms next to each...