“Centro Yas Island”

Ranked #35 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Centro Yas Island”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was our first time on this hotel and we found it very cozy and relaxing, not to mention that it was a sponsored-trip so we enjoyed it all for "free" :). But we sure would want to go back and have another weekend getaway for personal trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Centro Yas Island and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

As we are committed to deliver exceptional service every time, we are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that you will be considering of visiting us again in the future.

Email: eleni.tsolakou@rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockton-on-Tees
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was slightly worried about our visit, but totally unnecessary. We arrived very late and were promptly checked in by very friendly reception staff and escorted to our room. Yes, rooms are not very large but have every comfort to ensure a pleasant stay. The pool area is lovely with sun beds always available and kept so clean. Breakfast good with large choice of buffet. Had evening meal twice and food very good with generous portions, so good in fact that we could have shared. Day reception staff also very friendly and had lots of useful advice to get around. Hotel is a long way from centre but bus stops outside and you can get to city centre for 4AED and then take a taxi very cheaply to your destination. Bus almost as quick as taxi as very few stops. Hotel also runs a shuttle to beach and shopping mall twice a day. Really enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

As we are committed to deliver exceptional service every time, we are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations and thank you for your kind words. I hope that we the Centro Yas Island team would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We found this hotel excellent value, the facilities were excellent and the staff went out of there way to make our stay very pleasant. We arrived early and departed late, both of which were accommodated by Nasir on reception with a smile. The hotel has an excellent pool and breakfast by the pool each morning was a pleasant experience. The hotel is a 20 minute walk from any part of the circuit and there is an excellent selection of restaurants both within both Rotanas (which are next to each other) and at the other hotels around the area including the Viceroy! There was also regular music and good bar facilities for all tastes within Rotana. Yas Island is growing rapidly with attractions like Ferrari World and this hotel is a good base offering good value.

Room Tip: We had an excellent view of the circuit and the Marina from the 5th floor, best views are looking no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CentroYasIsland, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing the review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comment on our facilities and team members is supportive and we will always strive to meet our guest's expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotels on Yas Island. Please dont hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance.

Executive Office
Centro Yas Island - Abu Dhabi
email: centro.yasisland@rotana.com
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have a bad experience with my stay. My first mistake, that I chose Yas Island. I can survive it anyway. Its close to Abu Dhabi airport, around 10 min by car, but sooo far from city. Taxi cost around 50-60 dirham one way. But biggest mistake was choosing this hotel. Price on booking was ok, little bit less than 100$ per day. On arrival they change from my card 100$ more, so overall I pay around 300$ for 2 days, It was 9 month ago and I never get my money back, call them, but nothing!!! So I can say, that they just stole my money! They say its only pre authorization in case if I use some services! WHAT SERVICES? They DONT HAVE ANYTHING! First need to bring my bags to room by myself! this is for 150$ per night! I was stay in 5 stars hotels in UAE that cost less and was 1000 times better! Ok. Room was small, I was alone, so its ok for me. Cant say anything, it was clean and modern new furniture. Bathroom was also small and separate with glass wall and sliding-door, so if you will stay not alone, dont expect any privacy. There was 2 small bottles of water on arrival, but they not put new next day. I dont see any supermarket on Yas Island, and also there was no mini bar or room service also no restaurant working at evening or night, so when water finish at night I have to drink from sink. I was on my way to pool, when I saw maid in corridor and ask her to bring iron and iron board in my room, but she just give it to me, so I have to bring it by myself! About pool everythings ok! It have climate control, works untill 10 pm and also was on sunny side, so it was nice to sunbathe there. I chose this hotel, because of pool mostly and free wifi. I saw many taxi around hotel at day time and relax, but at late evening and early morning there was no taxi at all. Overall even 100$ per night is overpriced for this hotel, and 150$ is TOO much!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate that you have encountered an unsatisfying experience during your stay.

Please allow us to clarify few points: our hotel is located few minutes away from world's class destinations: Ferrari World, Yas Marina circuit, Yas Links for Golf and the soon to open Yas Waterworld. The hotel is 30 min away from Abu Dhabi city and we do have shuttle buses with few trips per day to the main shopping malls. Furthermore, a description of the location and facilities is available on our website and all other booking channels for our guest's convenience.

Centro brand is modern, stylish, affordable budget hotel and offering limited services. "C. Deli, where I shop" is open 24 hours offering a selection of sandwhiches, salads, fruits, hot and cold drinks in addition to some amenities that the guest might need during the stay. Furthermore, the delivery service to the room is available untill 11pm for a minimal charge.

In regards to your deposit upon check in, please note that it wasnt our intention to delay the process of the refund from the bank and we apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We always strive to exceed guests expectation and we really hope that your next visit will be more enjoyable and please note that our dedicated team members are always available to assist you with any inquiry you may have.

Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi
email: centro.yasisland@rotana.com
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for a night because our travel plans were disrupted. We didn't know much about Abu dhabi and asked at the airport where we should stay. Yas island was suggested.
The hotel was lovely very new, clean and has a lovely pool. The only downside is there is nothing around this area except for more hotels. It is about 10 minutes in a taxi from the airport, we caught a bus from the front of the hotel to the city for about 60 cents AU and had dinner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the cleanliness and the pool and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business and having previously stayed at the Park Inn on Yas Island, I was curious to see how this hotel compared. A colleague previously stated that this was not as nice as the Park Inn but I disagree. The Centro is a 3 star property in Abu Dhabi but in the US it could probably pass as four stars. The beds are clean, the showers and bathrooms immaculate and well appointed. The television has such a great diverse range of channels and the staff were excellent.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel. The only thing I didn't like was that you are limited to 2 devices to connect to the wifi. As I travel on business, I have to use my laptop. But I also need to use the wifi for my mobile phone. That means that I cannot connect my own personal devices such as iPad or personal phone to the wifi. At the Park Inn, you can connect up to five devices. This forced me to use the computers in the lobby which was unfair to other guests since I could use my own devices if the hotel would change its policy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very objective review and compliments about our amenities at Centro Yas Island, especially our staff. We have found your comments very helpful, and are also happy to inform you that you are allowed to connect more than 2 devices to our Wi-Fi by simply asking for a new set of access codes from our Reception. Also, guests may now conveniently generate an access code themselves by following simple instructions on our connection home page.

Again, we thank you for your feedback, as it is reviews like this that help us improve our products and services in order to server our guests better. We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

Centro Yas Island
Email: centro.yasisland@rotana.com
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We wrote a review on here a couple of months about confusion over costs. We have just returned from a super complimentary lunch at the hotel where they went to every effort to provide us with excellent service. Thank you and well done ~ we will definately return!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stc8190
YasIslandRotana, General Manager at Centro Yas Island Abu Dhabi by Rotana, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the food and the service you have received. We were glad to hear that we have met your expectations and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Centro Yas Island