“Best Beach Hotel in Abu Dhabi”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best Beach Hotel in Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Park Hyatt is located on Saadiyat island and has a beautiful beach, as beautiful as you can find it in the UAE and a very nice pool area. The Hotel and service are excellent. Nice rooms with balcony, nice view, nice restaurants, nice roof top bar in the pool area. Super spa. At certain times there might be many kids around. Not perfect is the shower in the room as the water doesn't flow away and the sliding door of the closet is always in the way and the restaurants and bar close rather early. But these are little things and I would certainly go back especially for the beach and the spa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Charlotte

Thank you for your review and compliments. I am delighted that you have mentioned Atarmia Spa, amongst other aspects of your stay. We have recently won a number of awards for the facilities and treatments but it means more to us to hear the compliments from a guest.

Stuart Deeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi last February for 8 days. The check-in experience was up to our expectations, excellent service, attention to detail and personalized service by staff with great attitude at all times made our stay in the hotel unforgettable. We stayed in the Beach View Suite with a private plunge pool, and it was just amazing. Very spacious and with a very home feel, bright colors and very contemporary luxury style. We love it. Wifi was free and worked very well across the hotel. Beach is without no doubt the best in the UAE, we have been in Dubai and Fujeirah, and Saadiyat beach is by far the best one. White sand, turquoise water, and the best part, if you are lucky you will get to see dolphins early in the morning. There is a resident marine biologist keen to talk to any guest about the marine life of Saadiyat Island. We found it very unique! The gym is well equipped and the spa therapist were very professional. The restaurants were exceptional, the park bar and grill menu’s has a huge variety and the rooftop bar was the perfect venue for a sundowner drink. We are planning our next holiday to Abu Dhabi, and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Definitely a Suite with a private plunge pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yolanda F
Dear Yolanda

Thank you for your lovely review. The Beach View suite is one of our most popular for exactly the reasons you mention – to look directly onto the beach and the best spot to see dolphins swim by.

Triesen, Liechtenstein
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had expected a lot from this hotel, based on reviews from here. Usually I end up disappointed when experiencing it in person. This was not the case here. The hotel is quite simply incredible, the rooms are large and spacious, the pool area is great, service is far beyond expectation (and I expected a lot!). The choice of foods in the breakfast and dinner buffet (in the "Café" restaurant) was great.

The Park Bar and Grill was also good, and less pricey than I expected (about 40 EUR for a steak). The terrace of the Park Bar is a great place for an evening cocktail before (or after) dinner. Sundowner cocktails in front of "The beach house" is an absolute must, it is a beautiful setting, providing an excellent view of the sunset on the beach. I would recommend reserving a table early here though, the best tables are reserved rather quickly.

The beach itself was also way beyond expectations. In fact, it was one of the best beaches I have ever been to! I went running there almost every morning, having the entire 6km stretch of beach all for myself.

All in all, best hotel experience I ever had. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a pool-side room. Views are great all around, but since the hotel area is so nice...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank azeteg
Dear Azeteg,

Your wonderful review is much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time and all aspects of the hotel.

Saumur, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

On the way back to France From Nepal, we had a stop at Abu Dhabi Airport and the opportunity to stay a few days at UAE...
How lucky we were to spend 4 days at Park Hyatt Saadiyat Island...
Last november 2012 it was hot (36°) and sunny, the sea was warm (29° around)...

It's a luxurous hotel with a REAL BEACH, the sea is just in front of the resort, the room with sea view was nice with big terrace, high tech' equipped, just perfect...
Please don't have communicating room cause it could be noisy sometimes, but except that, every attention was perfect.
You feel to be on a dream place, with well trained and very polite team, perfect garden, many many swimming pools and the grey blue sea, with waves, from Atlantique, heat on top !

Breakfast at the room or at wonderfull buffet was great experience !

Diner at terrace or at restaurants... Luxurious world !
Spa and so on...

We travel a lot around the world and this is a perfect place, try it !

Love Hyatt resorts !

Just enjoy !

Room Tip: Room with a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Laure

Your kind words are much appreciated and thank you for staying with us on your way back from Nepal.

Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I can suggest it to anyone. It is worth it.

I got there only positive emotions. The atmosphere is very relaxing and stuffs are very helpful and responsive. The beach and the water was the clearest I have ever seen. I have visited many place all around the world – Turkey, Thailand , Bali, Greece, Tunis, Italy, Canary Islands, USA, Spain etc., but have never seen that the water stay clear from the morning till night. The hotel rooms and service were excellent.

The only minus which I can mention here is the extra high prices for food and drinks at the restaurants of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Suzil,

Thank you for your kind words. I agree that anyone would be hard pushed to find such a wonderful beach. We are fast approaching turtle nesting season so we are expecting some nests there in the coming weeks. I am delighted you enjoyed the service as well.

Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We flew to Dubai and wer brought to the Park Hyatt (1 hour 15 minutes) in Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island in the middle of the night, the receptionists took us to our villa by buggy and showed us around a bit. Next morning we fully discovered the beautiful surroundings.
The hotel sits right at the beach with miles to go for walks, almost no people there. the hotel provides beach chairs and umbrellas for guests. Everything is well maintained, the garden and several pool areas are impeccable.
Breakfast outside was a delicious buffet treat with tons of various rolls, breads, muffins, cereals, cakes, fruit and warm dishes.
A trip to the city is only a 10 minute taxi drive. Make sure to know the address of the hotel as not all taxi drivers know of the relatively new hotel on that island.

We booked a two bedroom villa with a private pool and seaview and it was just perfect!! very spacious and clean, providing a nespresso machine and tea facilities as well as fresh fruit every day.

I saw that there is a playgound for smaller children and also a kids club.

There is nothing you could possibly do wrong when booking the Park Hyatt and it is a miracle to me that some guests are complaining about 'nothing to do except relax'.
A trip to Dubai takes only an hour if you are up for more action.

The only thing that's not so great are the prices for lunch and dinner meals, the food is excellent but the portions are small and expensive.

We liked the realaxed atmosphere and the 5 star luxury ambiente at the Park Hyatt a lot! A special thanks goes to the receptionists and concierges, they went out of their way to help with lost luggage issues and taxi drivers who could not find their way to the hotel. We felt really taken care of. :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank leolimoncello2003
Dear Leolimoncello,

I am grateful for such an extensive and detailed report. In short, thank you, your words are a delight to read, especially from such an extensive traveler and reviewer.

Dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is an edited version of my review. It was edited because the hotel called and sincerely apologized. They also attempted to offer compensation for my experience (which I didn’t accept). The purpose of such reviews is to be as a lesson learnt, and it’s a motive for hotels to strive to achieve excellence.

I visited this hotel to attend business meetings. The hotel is nicely built. My only comment was on the signage which needs to be improved; had to ask multiple times how to get around.

Location: Hotel location may be considered good and bad: good in the sense it's isolated and thus: quiet. Bad, it's far away from the city. Abu Dhabi is about 20-25 minutes’ drive.

Check-in: I’ve faced this issue with multiple other hotels including this one. One thing that I don't get is when hotel check-in personnel don't understand what they've got to do if the guest checking-in is a Photographer. I've politely asked the check-in clerk for a room with a nice view, as I’m a photographer (as a hobby, not a profession). Guess what she offers me? The worst view in the hotel, a view of the desert!!! Well, too bad for the hotel, I could have taken real good shots that would be free marketing for the hotel. Too late now, I've actually taken good shots at the pools that I may publish on Flickr later.

Restaurants and cafes: breakfast has been good, great variety - I liked it. In fact, there's a waitress (so sorry that I didn't get her name) that memorized our drink preferences the first morning we arrived there, and served us this same drink every other morning. Lunch buffets: were not that good, however, the crème-brulee dessert was great. Dinners: BBQ dinner, seated dinner were real good. I’ve also tried the Grill restaurant, the steak & tuna were actually good. However, don't order pasta, it's tasteless. Some of our colleagues who like to smoke shisha complained that the hotel don't have a shisha outlet, and had to drive to a nearby hotel to get some.

Facilities: have to admit, the pools are NICE! The gym was well equipped, however, to go there early hours in the morning; you need to do a bit of exploration, because the spa access that leads to the gym is closed!

Service: In general the service was just okay, mainly during breakfast and lunch. However, I’ve had 3 bad experiences within 2 days:

(1) I've called the front desk multiple times during the day requesting an hour or two of late check-out. They suggested I call back in the morning till they finalize the occupancy forecast, which was a bit surprising, because my colleague (a female) was offered such check-out on the spot just few minutes beforehand. I called back in the morning, Mr. F. picks up (name masked based on hotel request), and says, we don't do late check-out's (which I knew to be not true, because my colleague got one). I asked Mr. F, this is contradictory to what your colleagues told me, but he claimed that the hotel is fully booked! For a hotel with 306 rooms, the chances that the room is desperately needed at the time I was requesting are quiet low. Out of curiosity, I attempted to make an online booking, and I was right: the hotel has availability - in all types of rooms. So, the message here to Hyatt, if you don't want to offer your customers late check-out, at least provide them with valid rational behind it. I called Mr F. back to inform him of my finding, but unfortunately didn't seem to care.

(2) We arrived at the doorstep of the Grill restaurant one night, and the hostess asked if we had a reservation? We explained that we’re hotel guests! But she argued, we’re fully booked (during the weekday). I looked behind her and the place had just few people in! Upon requesting to speak to the manager, he had us seated, and apologized to us, and explained that she was wrong! Well, the restaurant remained not fully occupied till we left.

(3) At 11:30PM on one night, I was out near the swimming pools taking photos. Someone from the hotel approached me and asked rudely “Are you in house?” Initially, I didn’t get what that means, but after arguing for a while, I realized that this person thought I sneaked into the hotel!! Well, that was embarrassing because it made wonder why he thought I’d want to sneak into an isolated hotel at this late hour of the night. If I really was, I’m smarter than drawing attention by taking pictures! I finally, told the person: “Yes, I am in house”, and then he just walked away. I was stunned, what’s the point of asking if he didn’t check. I would have also said yes if I sneaked in! It was a very weird conversation.

If you're a hotel visitor, I hope you find this useful. If you're a hotel manager, please fix the issues mentioned above, because I know Hyatt can do better.

Regards,

Ayoub

Room Tip: Request pool view room, which would consequently give you a sea view too. You may get some ugly dese...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Ayoub W
Dear Ayoub,

Thank you for your extensive review of the hotel. I am pleased that you managed to talk to one of our Managers to discuss your experiences further. In response to your specific points, we do try and be flexible with late check outs but we do run high occupancies most days which makes this challenging. Many of the European flights land early and we do our best to accommodate these guests as quickly as we can after their flights. The Grill is also a very busy restaurant and although we do our best to accommodate guests with no reservations it is not always possible. I apologise if these situations were not explained in a professional manner.