“Fabulous beach hotel”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A really fabulous hotel situated on a beautiful beach and if you are not a beach person, there are numerous pools where you can swim and play. It suits either people with or without children. The restaurants are all excellent, the rooms spacious and well appointed, and the staff extremely helpful and polite. The best thing is that it is close to the city and yet when you are there, you feel as though you are a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We had two interleading ground floor rooms which were perfect for our family and it gave us easy access to the gardens and a pool areas. There is a kiddies club which we didn't use but had a look at and thought that it looked an ideal place to leave the younger ones to play for a few hours if you wanted some quiet time. Definitely a place we will go back to.

Room Tip: For a family, I suggest a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Stuart D, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here with your family, particularly the rooms, restaurants and found the location convenient for travelling to the city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Your sincerely,

Stuart Deeson, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,317)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is what you call a 5 star hotel. If you want to stay in a hotel where your child will have many activities and pools to play in this is the place. One of the best beaches in Abu dhabi and beautifully designed grounds. The Staff in this hotel are its jewel in its crown a special mention must be the staff at the cafe restaurant which has the most amazing chefs who catered for my child's allergies with custom menus everyday. Chef Daud, Chef simon and chef methius spoilt us rotten. The food is quite amazing also with a every changing buffet, you know you are in a special place when they serve up waguy beef in a buffet.

All in all a amazing place to take your lil ones we can wait to come back

one con was the view of the room which was not the best so best to try and get a sea view however the room size and design made up for the lack of view

Room Tip: try get a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting such a nice review. All of us in the hotel were delighted to read how comfortable you and your family were and that you felt the sincerity of our associates when they were taking care of you. Chef Daud, Simon and Matthias are all talented and committed members of the team and they enjoyed assisting you. Your comments on the grounds are also wonderful to hear. We have worked hard to make them so lush and colourful. Please do return soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed April 21 to 28 in room 325 and had a fantastic time When we arrived the check in was quick and easy. I can say the staff all the staff at the hotel were helpful and polite at all times The location on the beach is very good but it's a bit out of Abu Dhabi 20 mins by taxi about 35 aed £7 The rooms are big and well furnished and the bathroom with sliding doors fee standing bath and rain shower was more than we'd expected The meals were good but do yourself a favour and go to the library and have an afternoon tea it was just fab a great place to chat and relax and the manager there was so sweet
The bottom line is we would go back and will spread the word about this outstanding hotel
Only one blip was the weather we had rain for to days not to be expected in the UAE

• Stayed: April 2013
Stuart D, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Your kind words are much appreciated. We do have a friendly and helpful team and thank you for recognizing them. Our Manager in the Library, Ann, is a super lady and has been with us before the hotel opened. She has worked hard on making the afternoon tea a special occasion. I am sorry the rain kept you indoors for some of your stay. April is usually one of the best months weather wise – dry and not too hot. We look forward to welcoming you back later in the year where we hope for only blue skies and sunshine as usual.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We are regular travellers to the UAE from the UK and chose the Park Hyatt because of the reviews of the beach on Tripadvisor and I’m delighted to say they are all true. The hotel was contemporary, fresh and clean with a beach to kill for! Yes, the pool can get busy, especially at weekends, but we never failed to get a sun lounger. There is a great selection of restaurants, all serving great food, with the Beach House being a personal favorite.

If you want to enjoy Abu Dhabi but stay a little further from the hustle and bustle this is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chef is delighted to read that you enjoyed all the restaurants. Please do come back and stay with us again soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Thank you for hospitality, for great vacation. I stayed in this hotel with my family in April 2013 2 weeks, and we all enjoyed time spent there. Friendly staff, elegant design of the hotel, pools, white sandy beach, food - everything was wonderful. This hotel is a good place for vacation with children (the hotel has kids club with a friendly staff), pools for all ages, and is you have a chance you may see dolphins in the sea. Even though it is not in the heart of AbyDhabi, for those who prefer calm, comfortable rest, it's a good place!

Room Tip: not from the side of the golfclub generator (noisy)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina K
Stuart D, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Dina,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to read such encouraging words particularly as you stayed for 2 weeks so would have experienced all parts of the hotel and the service. I am pleased that you managed to see the dolphins while you were here. They are regular visitors at this time of year. Unfortunately you missed the first turtle nesting on the beach which occurred 3 days ago, hopefully the first of many.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as I knew that we would be guaranteed sunshine and having been to Dubai several times I assumed it would be fairly similar in hotel standards. I was wrong about the latter. The hotel is soulless and from the outside is comparable to a prison block. The room we had was great - the only problem with it was the fact that our lights broke so we were unable to turn off the bathroom light at night but this is not the end of the world. On another small note none of the soap dispensers work throughout the hotel - I have no idea why they do not fix them.
My main issue with this place is that it is inundated with screaming children and there is NO escape from it. They say there is an adults only pool which is rubbish because I have witnessed children in it and nobody tells them otherwise. Essentially if you want peace and quiet FORGET IT. The same applies in the evenings, the children are still around yelling their heads off when you are having dinner at 9.30 pm. If this does not bother you then you will probably enjoy this place but if you want to relax then AVOID THIS HOTEL.
The other issue I have is the service. Having read on other reviews that the service is appalling I thought perhaps these people were particularly high maintenance as you should not be receiving bad service in a 5 star hotel. They were not lying, it is SHOCKING, especially at breakfast. On two consecutive mornings I waited for over 45 minutes to receive neither the cappuccino that I had asked for twice (I had to find the waiter and was not asked once if I wanted a tea or coffee, let alone be given any cutlery) nor the poached eggs. I have up in the end as it was nearing lunchtime.
Personally I think that they need to shape up as a lot of the staff seem to be pretty complacent. Having said that I have seen a few at dinner who have provided brilliant service and a couple of the pool staff are really efficient.
The spa is brilliant I had an amazing massage - highly recommended.
The cost of a diet coke on tap is roughly £5 so be prepared for that.
The lead up to the entrance of the hotel is not finished but this does not really matter.
All in all it was not what I was expecting and we will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ishelley12

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your posting even though it was generally a negative one. Looking at your stay dates, I think you must have stayed during the holiday period as there was a ten day period when we had a lot of families staying with us. I am sorry you were disturbed by this. It is a good reminder to us to ensure the adults pool remains for adults and not for the little ones. Your comments on our associates are worrying as usually they receive praise for their friendliness and helpfulness. I am pleased, however, that you noted some excellent team members throughout the hotel and enjoyed the spa.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very arrogant front desk staff, they do not have a clue about hospitality. I had a dinner in the restaurant next to swimming pool. Service was ok. But after... I tried to order the taxi, 1 person confirmed the order. I have been waiting for 30 min and front desk staff told me that taxi only for hotel guests not for dining guest. But why did they take an order???front desk stuff behaves like a owners...I called taxi by myself.

Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Daria D

Dear Daria,

It seems as if we have really upset you. Usually we have plenty of taxis available so this must have been one of those busy evenings in the city. I am sorry the incident spoiled your evening.