Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
2,462 results
All reviewsbeach housesaadiyat islandpark grillplunge poolsea viewkids clubst regislong weekendbeautiful hotelprivate beachrooftop barbreakfast and dinnerlate checkhalf boardsun loungersfive star hotelpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Contemporary design must not always be an eye catcher, so it is with the Park Hyatt exterior view compared to for example the neighbouring hotel. Some more green might help.

Great check-in, the Front Office Manager himself was kind enough to check me in and escort me to my room. The rooms, contemporary, functional but def not the 50 sqm written somewhere...still no reason to complain as they are nice spacious and who does need 50 sqm anyway on vacation. Ahh, maybe they calculated the nice little balcony in. Too hot for that at the moment though.

Hungry as I am I'm annoyed having to dig out the room service number. The room service menu, no number. the Telephone directory, no number. The phone itself only offers Bell Desk, Concierge, Emergency and Spa/Salon. Calling the concierge I'm directed to room service. Room service was fast, efficient and well trained already.

Fun was the usual UAE cross cultural craziness when the little Chinese lady delivering the prime beef burger announces it with "fried rice" instead of "french fries", def gave me the first smile for a cool weekend ahead.

On the above room service number digging situation I was later based on my feedback advised by the hotel manager that the bedside telephone has the room service number, nice I'll sure remember that coming back in a year or two...

On the way to breakfast the next morning the same hunt for "food signage" starts, can it be my eyes have an issue when I'm huuuungry? Corridors, elevator no indication for the feeding places.

Most annoying was that the internet is chargeable, the neighbouring hotel def scored some brownie points here.

Cool room feature def is the bathroom, although the nice shower tends to turn the bathroom into a slippery trap - watch out!

Do you use DVD players these days in hotels? Can't believe there is still companies buying them, a little stone age, isn't it?

The pool is a cool design feature, although one shouldn't safe on cooling cost, this is to be considered when building such a shallow dark stone pool, saving now results in boiled noodles not to speak of potential hygiene issues.

The extreme hot day pushed us into the nice pool/beach side outlet. Cool menu, nice few and design. Really liked the place, good food and service although the uniforms for the poor staff seemed a bit stiff.

Nice was the breakfast service, not as mass as in the Resort next door, personalized, even if the buffet far doesn't offer the choice the selection was excellent...or am I biased by the Nusszopf (pastry) and similar treats?

One overall compliment to the hotel, they really seem to have selected and trained their staff well. Appart from that Austrian lady basically telling me to take a hike with my humble request for one of these fancy healthy smoothies promoted on a separate in-room menu :-(

Nice place, but considering the pricing policy, internet and some other little bits the neighbouring Resort seems likely to get a better share of my weekend budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RolandUO
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed on a 1 night stay, this hotel is amazing, very modern and the staff are always very friendly. The rooms are very big and spacious, and have everything you need with a lovely big bath tub!

We went for a chilled weekend break, which we purchased originally off Cobone for "Secret Destination Weekend Getaway Deal" during Ramadan and we were very pleased. Free water was provided around the pool during ramadan due to the heat, and the pool bar was closed due to it being ramadan, however, this did no spoil our stay.

We ate in the Cafe during lunch which was easy and nice, and the Grill Bar for dinner, which the steak was lovely and homemade steak fries.

We would come back again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on June. It was my first visit in the Saadiyat Island and I must admit that the Saadiyat is not very impressive at the moment, as it is still under construction.. On the other hand, when I arrived in the Park Hyatt I felt relieved! The hotel is very impressive, with a huge lobby. I really liked the contemporary design of the hotel! Of course the most impressive thing is the huge rooms! We had a standard double room and it was absolutely huge! The massive bathroom includes a bath tab that it is for two, a shower and two sinks! Another amazing element, is the enormous balcony with stylish and comfortable furniture! The infinity pool is definitely a plus on the hotels ambiance!

Last but not least, although the breakfast is not very big, the in room dining dishes are really delicious! It is for sure a hotel worth visit and I would recommend it to both families with young kids and for couples!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Park Hyatt in Dubai. the property is in a new resort region. It appears many international resorts are being built, and the Park Hyatt was one out of two resorts opened.

My GPS did not work in that region, and showed me OFF ROAD. Make sure you get direction when renting a car.

The resort is beautiful, very quiet, and service is absolutely perfect. Everyone called me by my name, and I felt the staff really cared.

The pool and outside recreation areas are very well maintained and beautiful. Enjoy miles of empty beaches as long as you can - the ocean water was nice and inviting.

I stayed in a suite, and it was just a place you don't want to leave. I enjoyed the large outside balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean.

I had two big screen TV's with al the international cable channels, my own VCR and stereo. As a coffee fanatic,I am glad Hyatt is now providing Espresso machines in the rooms.

I checked out all restaurants - and all of them were excellent. I thought the Steak I had was one of the best ever. I also enjoyed the mint lemonade at the Mediterranean restaurant by the pool.

This place is there to relax. Not much to do - and it seems a little empty.

I was disappointed to learn the spa and gym was closed due to emergency maintenance. The hotel arranged access to the athletic club at the brand new St.Regis hotel next door. The gym there was absolutely fantastic. I was assured the Hyatt gym and spa will be similar- but I wasn't there to see it.

The property is about a 20-30 minute drive from busy downtown Abu Dhabi and the closest shopping - and in it's own world.

Considering emergencies can happen, I still like to give the Park Hyatt 5 stars.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are great. I enjoyed my corner suite on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel only opened in November 2011 I believe and from what I can read from previous reviews, people were not impressed with the service.
Hubby and I went for a few days of very much needed relaxation in June and LOVED it.
The space is spacious, very large with wonderful high ceilings and the most beautiful and brand new furniture. I really liked the interior design, some pictures attached.
Rooms - very clean and beautifully laid out. We very lucky to stay at a Suite and it was glorious. Private balcony overlooking the sea, with Le Labo products in the bathroom, all marble and beautiful Axor / Grohe bathroom faucets, walk-in wardrobe, daily fresh Kaftans that were really comfy to slip into after a hot day at the beach.
Wireless everywhere for free, which was amazing.
Free water wherever you go.
Plenty of dining options and a great breakfast, with plenty of fresh fruit and healthy options.

Beach

Serene - hardly anyone there and except for the St Regis down the beach, nothing to see bar the sea and the beach. really relaxing.

Spa & Gym

Good gym, with plenty of cardio, water and ok level for weight lifting.
Spa looks amazing (see photos) and is perfectly decorated. Hubby and I had the joint room for a partner treatment and we both did not really enjoy the massages that much as mine was too hard and his too soft... maybe we should have just swapped the therapist but given the price, they will not match the Aman Spa at the Connaught and that will always be my benchmark.

Some points on sound - yes, one does hear the new development next to the hotel and they work through the night. Our suite was literally at the end towards the building site but we could not be bothered to change rooms. But ask not to be at that side if you can.

Location - if you are looking for a relaxing beach trip, this is perfect, but if you are more after nightlife in the city, this hotel is quite far and we only went for dinner "downtown" once as it takes more than 30 minutes to drive. I loved it though and did not mind.

Beach restaurant - only downside, it does not serve food between 4pm (if I remember correctly) and dinner... as I am one of those people, late breakfast, no lunch but then hungry for a snack around 5pm... that was not perfect.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the building site.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple