“Great Disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Budapest, Hungary
“Great Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We planned to stay for a 7 days holiday with my husband and Italian friends for the past Christmas and New Years Eve period in this newly opened resort on Sadiyaat Island. As per the location, the island (as far as I know an artificially built one) is located further from the main city of Abu Dhabi but at a convenient distance from the airport. Many parts of it are under construction for new hotels to emerge.

Although the hotel is said to be a five star, but I would more judge it four. Rooms were nice but at 70 per cent. occupation,the hotel was so terribly overcrowded that it was not pleasant at all. We could not find a bed around 11 a.m. around the pool area since guests with many children were "reserving" with their towels whole areas from early mornings to return at an undetermined later time using such beds. (I only had the same experience years ago in Antalya, Turkey, so I was quite surprised of that quality of tourism in Abu Dhabi.)

The hotel is actually facing direction north, therefore, the rooms with front sea view are never having any sun. The beach is located on an unprotected part of land meaning that the wind (which was very strong in December) had sweeped through the sunbeds on the beach making it almost impossible to lie down there. The sea was also very wavy.

As per the service, the staff was very unprepared, they could not serve a normal coctail in the bars since the hotel did not have a sufficient supply of alcohol. For instance a mojito was more like a lemonade...
On the positive side, I had a Balinese massage therapist when visiting the spa and she made a wonderful job. On the other hand, even the spa was crowded!

There was one nice restaurant, the fine dining one, the other ones served almost inedible food (especially the beach bar).

On top of that, on the second night, around 5.30 a.m., the fire alarm started and guests had to evacuate from the hotel. By the time we got out from the hotel, we were informed by the stuff that everyone may go back sleeping, since it was a false alarm.
We were almost certain that the fire alarm was no accident but rather an intentional test for measuring evacuation time as may be a customary regulation at newly opened hotels.

By the time the morning came, we and our friends decided to check out from the hotel and move to another one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Jaguarkitten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Have just returned from a week at this lovely hotel. Stunning beach location. On arrival we were upgraded to a full sea view room and what a gorgeous room it was. Everything you could possibly want. Very comfortable bed with every kind of lighting possible from full to mood to reading. Twin sinks with seperate bath and rain shower. Spacious balcony with chaise longue big enough for two. Tried all of the restaurants - good choice on menus and found the food of excellent quality. For a newly opened hotel the staff have a very proffessional and friendly approach. Used the taxi service frequently to and from the hotel and found the drivers had no problem with the hotel location. Had great weather during the stay. Look forward to returning for another visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank penLancashire
Sharjah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

An amazing destination resort if you want to stay out of the busy city. Great rooms, sizes are amazing and the best facilities available. The spa is a must !

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a must
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarwanAlSarkal
bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

As Dubai residents we're always looking for some getaway options right in front of our door. The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi is barely an hour away from Dubai, and yet when you get there, it feels like you've travelled to a completely different place - I love getting the feeling that I'm on holiday so close to home!
For a recently opened hotel, the place clearly has got its act together. The food is brilliant and the staff friendly and unobtrusive - and they're great with kids. I tried out one of the spa treatments while I was there, the Golf Massage and it was really good, really a nice one if you have a sore back! My favorite part was the lovely beach and the pools, great for kids!
We booked a standard room and were really pleased - it's modern and chic but not over the top and when we arrived there was a crib for us for our son - it's always nice NOT to have to ask twice for these things.
Anyways, to make a long story short, we really enjoyed our stay there and are planning another trip there when we need to get away from the city.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are beautiful and offer a great view, there's really no need to book a more e...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Castor_Pollux
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed for nine nights over the new year with family. This new hotel has excellent rooms - large, well appointed and we found the beds excellent. The hotel was very busy but room service was always prompt the staff serving it very friendly. The beach is superb, way better than anything Dubai can offer and you don't get to see a school of dolphins swimming 20 metres off the beach for over an hour very often!
The hotel has several pools and beach restaurant for drinks and meals, all lovely. The grill restaurant must serve the best fillet steak in the Middle East.
This hotel was able to satisfy my wife, four year old boy, my mother in law and my brother. Any establishment that can provide a holiday this good for such a group deserves the highest of praise which I give without hesitation.
I will certainly be back for business as its a great place to relax and only 20 minutes from the airport. The family will be back for sun, sea and sand as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Glyn D
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed in the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi shortly after the opening for a company event. Although the hotel had just opened its doors, the management and staff did an outstanding job in accommodating all of our requirements. Additionally to an astonishing styling of the interior and exterior of the place, the rooms were extremely well fitted, the finishing is extraordinary for the region. The conferencing facilities have been designed with a new approach to meetings - "The Residence" is catering for a very relaxed meeting atmosphere upon request, allowing participants to get away from conservative table arrangements rather towards a living room environment. Extremely well done was the cooking class which was offered to us in a big kitchen adjacent to the meeting rooms - a well perceived team building exercise which was supported by the experienced and personable chef Daud.

The beach house is catering for a nice rounding off of the day with a unique setting in Abu Dhabi (or Dubai for that matter). The only downside is the view on the ongoing construction at St. Regis next door which still does not seem to be finished even 2 months after our stay - not Park Hyatt's fault though.

All participants of the company event are considering a weekend getaway in this hotel as it offers a secluded, yet unique beach in a 5 star environment, not too far away from Dubai.

We wish the hotel staff all the best in the launch phase.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank dxbresident
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed with my family over the holiday season (4 of us) from December 23 to jan 3.

Arrival experience.

My family and I always like choosing new destinations over holiday period. This time we decided to go to the middle east. We chose Abu dhabi because some friends recommended to us.

We always have stayed at 5 star luxury hotels around the world. Mandarin oriental Sanya china, four seasons chang Mai, park Hyatt Seul, park hyat shanghai.

We heard that our preferred hotel company was opening at this new island in Abu dhabi called sadiyatt so we decided to check it out. We did not regret our decision!

When we arrive at the hotel a tall bell boy open the taxi door and sayed to us "welcome to the park Hyatt Abu dhabi." needless to say he ask us check in? And in No hesitation took our luggages and directed us to the lobby which was a little to dark to my taste.

We arrive at 16 pm and noticed there where many guest check in at the same time! The staff noticing this accomodated us in the sofa and offer us a coffee and and piece of cake.! I must say this cake was delicious!!!

It made me completely forget that I need to wait 15 min in line for my check in! When check in time came i was amazed by the staff how quick and how efficient she was.
She asked me if I had any preferences that the hotel should be aware about due to the fact that I was going to stay at 10 days, I gave her my preferences and I will never forget the next 10 days of my holidays all my preferences where followed!!

Room

The room was nice but I had been in better rooms! Upon opening the door of my room I had a complimentary food basket with a variety of tropical fruits. There is a reason why the pillows at park Hyatt are known for! And well deserve! They are toooooo comfortable!

The toilet lights were not working properly but a called to reception had my problem fix in 20 min.

The balcony is to big but as it was December the sea breeze was so nice that I did no turn on the air con during my stay!

Pool facilities.

That night we decide to walk around the hotel and get to know more about it. We discover the hotel had two pools and we spotted employees bringing more sunbeds an umbrella. I thought the hotel must be full!

Breakfast.

We had to wait over 30 min to be seated for bkfst cause we decided to have our bkfst at 9.30 am we noticed there was a big quee and over 50 guest waiting. However again the staff behave so well, we noticed there were to staff bringing croissants and orange juiece to the guest that were waiting and offering us newspaper while we waited in line.

Lunch

There were not to many options for lunch at the hotel. We asked reception what was the best place to eat lunch at the hotel and they recommend us the Beach House.

The beach house is a restaurant that is located 3 min walk from the main building and has an espectacular view of the beach.

When we arrived at the restaurant there was a waiting time of 20 min a the tables were occupied but we were greeted and accomodated in
one of the sofas while we waited for the nex table to be free. We were
offered by the staff the beach house
drink speciality the beach house
Mojito. The waiter recommended us if we took three we were going to be very happy. And so we where it was a Mojito to die for, it was our drink for the rest of our holiday! The food was nice tasty and crispy and even though the staff was running around due to the volume of guests they had they always greeted everybody with a smile and made us feel welcome. We ate there 7 times during our stay and the staff ways remember our preference!

The park grill.

The signature restaurant of the hotel! Very classic with tables available inside and outside and good fresh seafood and cuts of meat! Service was top notch and the atmosphere was great!

New years and christmas! Firework display!

BBQ at the beach and a nite club on new years with a dj and free flow p champagne!

I must say this was the highlight of my trip we love the BBQ at the beach house and the night club on new years eve where great! We not only felt pampered and cared but the firework was one of the most elaborated and amazing I have seen in my life!

Overall my family and I felt pampered help and cared by all the staff!

It was a great choice of destination and hotel and I would recommend to all of you of you are willing to pay a little more for service then I tell you you would not regret it!

I will defently come back for holidays again here!

• Stayed December 2011