“Great steaks, good service, not cheap.”
Review of Blue Grill

Blue Grill
Ranked #70 of 2,073 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Great steaks, good service, not cheap.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The steaks in here are the best that I have had in a long time. The service is very good and personal. I would recommend visiting the place at least once for a special dinner. The prices are quite high, but so is the quality of the food.

Visited April 2014
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Markus S,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Blue Grill. Also, thank you for giving your continuous support to Yas Island Rotana.

Your compliments about the food and service will definitely be shared with our team. I am proud of the kitchen and service team that delievered the very best in food and service consistently.

With regards to the prices, we are using the highest quality standard in beef and for this reason it is higher priced than the average steakhouse. Having said that, Rotana has a membership scheme (Rotana Rewards Exclusive) with which you would be entitled for discounts and special offers in all Rotana restaurants, namely Blue Grill! Also, I can suggest the Early Bird special where you can have a sizable discount on your bill.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Amazing Food....”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was my first time in Blue Grill on Thursday night and I can say Best steak ever i have. Restaurant ambiance is pleasant service was good it was full restaurant our food was tasty, steak cooked perfectly really amazing. One nice thing is also you can see Chef's in action in live kitchen.
Thank you for amazing experience.

• Visited April 2014
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Ron Z,

Your compliments are truly touching and will definitely be shared with our team; please keep visiting us so you can try all the different premium steaks we offer.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Surprisingly Excellent!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

When my friend invited me to eat at a steak house, in a hotel, on a novelty island, I must admit - I didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong!

My meal was possibly the best of 2014! Do yourself a favour and order the foie gras for starters, it was immaculate. Everyone's steaks were huge and delicious and desert was another winner. The staff were attentive and they have a good wine list.

All in all, I will return. A lot. Well done Blue Grill!

• Visited April 2014
Dear Frequent TravellerUAE

Thank you for the amazing review! We are truly honoured to be your dinner of the year, the whole team is pleased with your compliments.

The culinary team and I are very pleased to know that the foie gras and desserts were equally memorable. We are running some special menus, such as the mushroom promotion which complement our dishes amazingly.

My personal recommendation is to be a Rotana Rewards exclusive member which will then give you a lot of added value in your experiences with us.

Abu
“Disappointing response”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This was the third time in 8 weeks I have visited the Blue grill. Service and food first two times for me was great. Tonight, I had a disappointing Australian rib eye. It arrived only warm. Wanting to eat with my colleagues I said I would just go with it.

Now I know ribeye taste comes from some of the fat but about a third of mine at least was just fatty and unedible . My colleague in contrast had same cut and had a clean plate. Unlucky for me. Maybe I was just unfortunate tonight however I judge good service based on how a restaurant reacts when you raise a problem.

I didn't make a big deal but said I was unhappy with my steak - 3 times it was mentioned really. We dined as 5 and had wine and steaks all round. Not cheap here. We also had 4 puddings. We got 70 aed of our bill for a lemon cheesecake which was not for me anyway. I had no pudding. When steaks are 225 AED each at least, not much compensation really. I didn't like to make a fuss. Staff were very nice. However I left unhappy. Not sure I will rush back.

Visited April 2014
Dear L A,

Thank you very much for your continuous support of Blue Grill and for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are proud to say that our most values guests will share all their experiences with us.

It is extremely disappointing that we failed in delivering on the food that you were expecting. I will certainly discuss your valuable points with Chef Zlatko and our culinary team. Meanwhile, we are happy to know that you found our service welcoming and pleasant. I will also share your compliments with the team.

Please let us know the most convenient time to make it up to you in person and our aim is to look after you and your friends/family.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Average”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very consistent in the food quality. It is a must if you want to go for good meat in Abu Dhabi. The ambience and decoration is top. Since we went the first time we kept going because it is a fantastic place. Too bad the service is not as it used to be. We got the two starters out of four almost immediatly, and the remainig two came twenty minutes after together with the main courses. We asked for an extra bottle of water and got it when the dinner was over. Anyway food remains excellent.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank YESWECAN2014
Dear YESWECAN2014,

Thank you so much for being loyal to the Blue Grill, and for taking the time to post a detailed review about your last visit.

I am sorry for the service delays that you experienced. I have investigated and was an unfortunate series of events which we are thankful that you shared. Please be assured that we have taken steps to make the service at Blue Grill better than you've experienced so far.

May we expect you on your next visit to Yas Island? Please let me know and I will be happy to make arrangements for you.