“Was Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blue Grill
Ranked #91 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada de Gomez, Argentina
“Was Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have visited so steaks restaurant in town which include Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Ras al khaima, but Blue grill is one of the awesome steak restaurant in term of their friendly services, excellent food quality, pleasant ambiance.The staff in Blue grill is well trained for providing memorable dinning experience and the choices of dishes in menu is really a mouth watering. If we look value for money which is beyond my expectation and quite expensive and restaurant is always is busy.for my experience is should make reservation upon every visit to Abu Dhabi and will recommend to all my friend.special thanks to the indian Restaurant manager and his team .great job,,keep up

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear halima005,

Thank you very much for visiting the Blue Grill and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. The whole team is pleased to know that your enjoyed the food, the service, and the ambiance in our restaurant. In addition, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Culinary and Service team.

We would be thrilled to welcome you back to Blue Grill, thanks again and hope to see you soon.

“Nice treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had dinner here on a week night with a couple of friends. It was quiet busy which is surprising for a week night, but a good sign I suppose.
Were welcomed in by friendly staff but had to ask the waiter for the menu after being seated for 10 mins. I forgive them as they had some re-organizing to do in the restaurant due to cancellations. The Mojitos that followed were well worth the wait! Service was good from then on!
We all ordered appetizers and then steaks for our mains. Steaks were done to our liking. Food was great! The bread that accompanied the meal was soft and delicious.
They have a kitchen which has a big wrap around window so you can see all the activity in there.
Not a cheap restaurant so I suppose we can't be doing dinner there too often.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wadex
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Wadex,

Thank you on behalf of the Blue Grill team for your encouraging feedback.
You are right, we are busy on most evenings which we are very happy about.

Kindly accept my apology for letting you wait so long for your menus. We indeed had a group cancellation on that evening and had to rearrange some table but that should not have effected your dining experience. I am very glad to hear though that you enjoyed your food, the mojitos and our service from there on.

With regards to the prices, your point is well noted and I wish to inform you that we are using the highest quality standard in beef and for this reason the price is higher than the average steakhouse. Having said that, Rotana has a membership scheme (Rotana Rewards Exclusive) with which you would be entitled for discounts and special offers in all Rotana restaurants, namely Blue Grill. Especially now, in summer, there are even more offers for Rotana Rewards members, such as a 50% cashback voucher for your next restaurant visit.
Kindly email me for details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Grill soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“great steaks and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have eaten here about 10 times over the past few years. We love the steak. Have never had a bad one. Love the bread, love the butter. Funny to say that, but it is great.

Staff always welcoming, calling me by name (not that they remember me, just making sure they ask where I arrive). Service is good, atmosphere is good also. When I am up for a steak, this is where I go.

• Visited May 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear RobuDhabi,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food as well as the service and restaurant ambience. I will definitely pass on your kind words regarding the steaks to the Culinary team.

Regarding the bread and butter, I agree, it is definitely worth mentioning.

We thank you for your loyalty during the last few years and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten there before and had a great meal. This time the food was as good, but service was pretty chaotic, even though the place was only half full. We waited almost 55 mins for our steaks (which were good) and then when it was mentioned by the waitress that my dessert choice could take 20 mins I changed it to something quicker......which then took 20 mins to arrive!
Local rumours seem to repeat what we experienced, so they obviously have a service/kitchen problem they need to fix. The high price doesn't match the experience.

Visited June 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Phil-Q8,

On behalf of the entire team at Blue Grill, thank you very much for your continuous support.

I am sorry for the delay that you experienced, 55 minutes is an extremely long time so I shall investigate with the kitchen and service team. I am happy that you were fully satisfied with the quality of the steak!

Overall, the feedback we receive is very positive, but the points you raised cause concern. We shall look internally and make the necessary improvements, thanks very much for giving us your feedback. May we expect you on your next visit to Yas Island? Please let me know and I will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a business meeting dinner here and was hugely surprised. The Rotana Hotel on Yas Island is not that nice but the Blue Grill is absolutely fantastic.

The calamari starter was sublime and the steak and vegetables side dishes perfect. I am not really a steak person but this was a great meal.

This place is a bit out the way but well worth the visit...... only down side is that it is quite expensive.

• Visited May 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Glen F,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our dishes and quality of food.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and will definitely pass on your encouraging feedback to our Culinary team.

With regards to the prices, your point is well noted and I wish to inform you that we are using the highest quality standard in beef and for this reason it is higher the average steakhouse. Having said that, Rotana has a membership scheme (Rotana Rewards Exclusive) with which you would be entitled for discounts and special offers in all Rotana restaurants, namely Blue Grill!

Kindly email me for details.

We look forward to welcoming you to Blue Grill again in the future.