“great steaks and great service”
Review of Blue Grill

Blue Grill
Ranked #52 of 2,214 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have eaten here about 10 times over the past few years. We love the steak. Have never had a bad one. Love the bread, love the butter. Funny to say that, but it is great.

Staff always welcoming, calling me by name (not that they remember me, just making sure they ask where I arrive). Service is good, atmosphere is good also. When I am up for a steak, this is where I go.

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear RobuDhabi,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food as well as the service and restaurant ambience. I will definitely pass on your kind words regarding the steaks to the Culinary team.

Regarding the bread and butter, I agree, it is definitely worth mentioning.

We thank you for your loyalty during the last few years and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Have eaten there before and had a great meal. This time the food was as good, but service was pretty chaotic, even though the place was only half full. We waited almost 55 mins for our steaks (which were good) and then when it was mentioned by the waitress that my dessert choice could take 20 mins I changed it to something quicker......which then took 20 mins to arrive!
Local rumours seem to repeat what we experienced, so they obviously have a service/kitchen problem they need to fix. The high price doesn't match the experience.

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Phil-Q8,

On behalf of the entire team at Blue Grill, thank you very much for your continuous support.

I am sorry for the delay that you experienced, 55 minutes is an extremely long time so I shall investigate with the kitchen and service team. I am happy that you were fully satisfied with the quality of the steak!

Overall, the feedback we receive is very positive, but the points you raised cause concern. We shall look internally and make the necessary improvements, thanks very much for giving us your feedback. May we expect you on your next visit to Yas Island? Please let me know and I will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a business meeting dinner here and was hugely surprised. The Rotana Hotel on Yas Island is not that nice but the Blue Grill is absolutely fantastic.

The calamari starter was sublime and the steak and vegetables side dishes perfect. I am not really a steak person but this was a great meal.

This place is a bit out the way but well worth the visit...... only down side is that it is quite expensive.

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Glen F,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our dishes and quality of food.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and will definitely pass on your encouraging feedback to our Culinary team.

With regards to the prices, your point is well noted and I wish to inform you that we are using the highest quality standard in beef and for this reason it is higher the average steakhouse. Having said that, Rotana has a membership scheme (Rotana Rewards Exclusive) with which you would be entitled for discounts and special offers in all Rotana restaurants, namely Blue Grill!

Kindly email me for details.

We look forward to welcoming you to Blue Grill again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

It's always difficult ordering a steak in a country where you don't know the cooking customs. Let's face it Medium Rare is different in the UK from France. Perhaps Medium rare in Abu Dhabi really is well done in the UK (Of course, being English and very hungry after waiting a long time, I didn't complain). Very expensive as well.
The service was exemplary with everything possible done to help and the bread supplied was superb.
As the restaurant was pretty full I was seated outside where it is VERY dark. So dark that you have a mini reading lamp attached to the Menu! Interesting!

YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear JohnOfBurgundy,

Thank you for your comments and for visiting the Blue Grill. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Yas Island Rotana and the service and the bread were to your full satisfaction.

It's a shame to know that the steak did not turn out as you would expect, the kitchen team has been notified about that and we shall take care in the future. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team.

Regarding the lighting, it is supposed to be dark and intimate on the terrace which our guests usually enjoy very much. However, as an additional service to make the reading of the menus a little easier, we are attaching the reading lamps.

Thank you very much for the valuable comments, and we hope you visit us again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Been here for dinner today. The place is very well appointed, and the service is excellent. We ordered two 350gr Fillet steaks, cooked medium. We got two pieces of rare meat. I sent my back and my friend decided to keep his. He could eat about 60% of the steak, the rest was 100% rare. You could put on a supermarket's shelf and sell again! Mine was cooked a bit more, and I got two pieces of charcoal back. Very dry and burned outside. There was a glass window, and we watched the dishes going back to the kitchen without being presented to the chef, who didn't seem to care about our complaints. After all, manager offered to remove one steak from the bill, which wasn't more than what we would expect.

2  Thank Billy037
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Blue Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Billy037

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent dining experience at Blue Grill, and I truly appreciate your compliments about our service and atmosphere.

I certainly recall your visit and the dissatisfaction you expressed to me. On behalf of all of us at Blue Grill, I sincerely regret the inconvenience that it may have caused you and would like to assure you this situation does not reflect the standards, the quality nor the spirit we are known for at Blue Grill.

We sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Blue Grill to provide you with a better dining experience. Please contact me directly should you plan to visit us again and I can assure you that your opinion about Blue Grill will be very different.