“Nice atmosphere but poor food taste!”

Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #39 of 2,087 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Rangoli is a lifestyle restaurant serving North and South Indian cuisine in a contemporary setting, complemented with a modern presentation and an extensive wine and beverage list. Mingled with the tinkling and jingling of chic tableware, the freshly cooked dishes from the Tandoor and the aroma from the Show Kitchen will transform you to a faraway location. Rangoli's perfect combination of luxury and simplicity will leave you a feeling of warmth, underlined by the use of earthy colours typical and characteristic of this exotic destination.
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice atmosphere but poor food taste!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am from Pakistan and you can say that Indian/Pakistani is my home cuisine. After reading so many good reviews we decided to go there at the Friday Brunch. We were utterly disappointed!! The food taste was just really really poor! Except for the appetizers the food is not even near the authentic Indian taste! We ordered Chicken biryani which was tasteless, Lamb Bhunna which was too sweet and the lamb was stiff, one shrimp one (dont remember the name) and it tasted awful! For dessert we ordered Ras Malai which is my favorite and I was shocked to find it really chewy and rubber like! Thats not Ras Malai at all..!!!
To be honest a dhabba (street restaurent) has much better food taste than this one! We will definitely NOT recommend this to our friends! :(

• Visited July 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Rabia K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reviewing Rangoli. I am indeed very sorry that you were not at all satisfied with our Friday Brunch.

All your comments shall be shared with the Culinary team and we shall look at what could have gone wrong. Our only wish is that you would give us another opportunity to serve you as I am sure you will have a completely different opinion. Please contact me at any time and I shall be happy to make arrangements for you.

Respectfully yours,

Maneeshdev GV

South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A la cart buffet - makes the buffet experience a first class experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On a bored afternoon i bought some group vouchers for places nearby our new home - not thinking much about the actual place BUT then i went to Rangoli - and it was such an awesome experience

The maitre d takes you to your reserved seat (with group on you had to pre book), where you are given menus - the choice is not as huge as a typical buffet but i felt the aim was quality over quantity
]the kitchen made each order as it arrived so not batch cooking which meant each dish was purposely flavourful

the food portions that arrive at your table where enough for one so you could happily order the whole menu or re-order something you enjoyed

each dish was unique and tasty
and i loved the option of ordering whatever you wanted -yet still knowing large amounts of food won't go to waste at this buffet

• Visited June 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Devendree,

Namaskar!!

It pleases me to hear such positive feedback about our dining venue and I’m glad that you found the brunch in Rangoli unique and was memorable. Your compliments for our staff have been shared with them and they are delighted to hear the same.

It was a pleasure to have served you and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sincerely yours,

“Truly Indian”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Simply nice and great tast of Asia
Will defiantly recommend if your really looking for Indian taste
Nice view really Rangoli with colorful deco

Dear Unionjac,

Thanks for taking time out to review us. We are blessed with many customers like you who love the cuisine and appreciate our sincere service and ambience.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back for another dining experience that you will certainly enjoy.

Shukriya!!

Sydney, Australia
“Food, Ambiance & Service- Simply Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was my first visit to Rangoli and I must say I would definitely wish to visit there again. I went there with my parents and found the place and ambiance perfect for a dinner. The food scores a complete 10 in terms of taste and presentation... I relished the starters and main course served as it had the perfect Indian flavor. My recommendation would be Veg. biryani, achari paneer and carrot brownie, that i simply loved. A special thanks to Chef Raheja for offering mouth-watering food and Sanjeetha for being a lovely hostess..... :)
A Delightful experience indeed!!

• Visited April 2013
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Neha_8688,

Namaste!!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback and taking the time to review our beloved restaurant.

I am truly touched to read how much you appreciated the Food variety and services provided by our team, especially to our speciality Chef N. Raheja and hostess Sanjitha.

Hamari Shubh-kaamnayen,

Calgary, Canada
“More than excelent service and food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have visited so many Indian Authentic restaurant in town which include Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Ras al khaima, but Rangoli is one of the awesome Indian restaurant in term of their friendly services, excellent food quality, pleasant ambiance. The staff in Rangoli is well trained for providing memorable dinning experience and the choices of dishes in menu is really a mouth watering. If we look value for money which is beyond my expectation. Food quality is far batter than some of well known Indian restaurant and prices are very pocket saving. I will visit Rangoli upon every visit to Abu Dhabi and will recommend to all my friend.

Dear Pranshu,

Thanks for taking time out to review us, we truly value your feedback.

It's pleasing to know that you enjoyed the food and decor at our restaurant and would happily return.Your recognition of our services and cuisine is highly appreciated and have conveyed the same to our team in Rangoli.

Please feel free to contact me any time you are back in Yas Island to meet in person!

Shukriya!