“A great place for a girl's day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shakespeare and Co

Shakespeare and Co
Ranked #99 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Shakespeare and Co was established with the simple premise of serving great quality food, providing friendly and efficient service in a warm atmosphere reminiscent of home. Abiding by that philosophy has propelled the company's growth from its first establishment in 2001, to currently 18 company owned and operated outlets in the United Arab Emirates, and franchises in Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Oman, and the United States.
Phoenix, Arizona
“A great place for a girl's day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

A couple of my friends and I went to the location at the Souk - Central Market and we really enjoyed everything about it. The decor/ambiance is "girly" for lack of a better word so it's not somewhere I'd take my hubby but it's a perfect place to go with girl friends for a nice morning or afternoon out. We couldn't have asked for better service...our waiter was on top of things throughout our entire meal. My smoked salmon and scrambled egg was not only tasty but I give it extra points for presentation....see picture. Not that it was fancy schmancy or anything....just unique and I liked that! We had to walk by a glass counter filled with what looked like scrumptious pastries, cakes, etc. I had to cover my eyes when we walked out to avoid the temptation. Next time we'll have to come back just for those! ***Please note *** I accidentally clicked on the "bar scene" field below and now TripAdvisor is forcing me to rate it....this isn't a "bar" but I put "excellent" since I have to pick something and I didn't want to risk ruining their good standing by putting terrible.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank azhootie
ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Thank you very much azhootie for visiting our restaurant and for taking the time to send us a lovely review. We are glad that you liked our decors and ambiance, and you were satisfied with the quality and presentation of our dishes - as well as the efficiency of our friendly staffs. Shakespeare and Co restaurants are always a melting pot for ladies enjoying a morning chat with friends and afternoon teas while having a blissful meal.
We encourage you to try our french pastries on your next visit - our pastries has received numerous praises from our regular patrons and it is always their perfect choice to finish off their meals. If you prefer to have just small sweets - we do have chocolates which are made with natural ingredients and individually hand wrapped in a unique individual wrappers, or you can settle for some macaroons, pettit fours or our deliciously sharp flavored marshmallows. Haven't you got ample choices yet? Once again, thank you very much for your lovely review. See you again soon!

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Selection of Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have dined here recently once just for a quick meal. It was good and reasonable for the value of the money that i spent. Staff are nice and friendly. Loved the selection of pasta's. We went bit late so we could not able to enjoy fully. But we will make it again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much Clare A for writing a review regarding you last visit with us. It is always our desire to provide value for money experience to all our patrons, and we are glad that you found us reasonable. Thank you also for your positive comments on our service staffs, it simply shows that our service training standard works and this will definitely inspire us to continue with what we are doing and to strive for more. Our pasta selection is one, if not the best in the region as we have received numerous praises for it from our regular patrons. Apparently, we have over 100 dishes to choose from on our menu and we do hope that you will give it a try. You might find a new favorite!
Thanks again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Disappointing for breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice ambience, but very average food and one of the worst cafe I had in a long time. Sauce hollandaise for the egg Benedict had an awful sour aftertaste. Service was average despite the emptiness of the place and plenty of staff on hand. Coffee was finally served when I finished the eggs.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank AngmohofArabia
ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us. Although it was a disappointing experience, it certainly serve us a wake up call for us to bring our standards back to where they should be. We will be discussing this matter to our branch manager and instructions will be given to pay greater attention to the quality of the service. Your food comment will be forwarded to our branch head chef and will be advised to rectify the issue. Rest assured, we take all our customers comments seriously and take swift action to ensure our other patrons do not experience the same disappointment. We do hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you, and if you don't mind contact us at corporate@shakespeareandco.ae, we shall endeavor to redeem ourselves. Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we trust that you will offer us another opportunity to serve you in the future...
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Love the concept of Shakespeare and Co.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I came here for 3 times and every single time, I still be amazed by the decoration, the handcrafted furniture, silverware as well as the ambience of this place. Very "Shakespearean" and unique!
The food menu sticks with Western style with a good variety of canapés, pastas, pizzas, sandwiches, and main courses. Before having your food, you will be served with a warm bread basket and a well-presented butter dish. It is a complimentary, however, the bread is so good that I was actually full with its before my ordered food come. My favorite starter is the prawn wonton and vegetarian spring rolls. And I also highly recommend the fruitti di mare, scalloppini al limone and salmon fillet for seafood-lovers. The presentation of those dishes is very much mouth-watering. However the taste was so so, met my expectation, yet nothing special to "wow" about.
For drinks, I tried Love Potion and Very Berry, super healthy options, nevertheless, I still prefer the cookies and cream milkshake. And you have to save some spaces for the dessert also! Try the classic sweet crepe, chocolate fondant or take-away anything in the patisserie corner, you will never regret for that!
The staff was very helpful and friendly. Service and food delivery is really fast too!
TIPS: *meal for 1: maximum 200 AED (1 canapé 1 main 1 slice of cake 1 drink) (~50USD)
*for me, the main course is a huge portion, so don't go for too many canapés or appetizers. Sometimes I feel full right after eating canapés and cannot even have main course anymore.
*save space for desserts
*take-away if you cannot finish your food
*WC is not inside the restaurant
*don't forget to tip your server too, they have to work very hard!

ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your colorful review and recommendation of our restaurant. We are glad that you loved our concept...at Shakespeare & Co, we loved to excite our patron's senses by providing a unique and nostalgic environment where they can enjoy good food and feel comfortable with. We are delighted that you like the selections of our beverages, as well as the quality and presentation of our dishes. We hope that you will continue to patronize us. Please do visit us again and we hope that we can continue to amazed you with the Shakespeare & Co experience! Once again, thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“perfect for breakfast with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is the best place to have breakfast at, food is great, very good value, amazing atmosphere and excellent staff, it is a place to go with friends, couples or alone :)

For Arabic food lovers.. try the Saj and also the fool .. it is great :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AlaaZaghmout
ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your colorful review and recommendation of our restaurant. We are delighted that you loved our Saj and Foul Madammas, which are the two of the most popular Arabic breakfast on our menu. We certainly well known for our all day breakfast and we are happy that you are satisfied with the quality of food, value and service that you received. One of our goal is to provide our guests an environment they are comfortable in and enjoy...that is why we created Shakespeare & Co in such a way that, all our patrons will feel that they are at home away from home, inline with the elegant decors, homey, warmth and comfy atmosphere. We hope that you will continue to patronize us, and we will do our very best to provide you and our regular patrons the true Shakespeare & Co experience, every single time you'll visit us. Once again, thank you very much for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!