“Great food, great location, westerners trap”
Review of Shakespeare and Co

Shakespeare and Co
Ranked #125 of 2,149 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shakespeare and Co was established with the simple premise of serving great quality food, providing friendly and efficient service in a warm atmosphere reminiscent of home. Abiding by that philosophy has propelled the company's growth from its first establishment in 2001, to currently 18 company owned and operated outlets in the United Arab Emirates, and franchises in Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Oman, and the United States.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Liked the food, the location, the service.
Did not appreciate the slightly rip-off prices. Obviously aimed at the 'money is no object' westerners. Western food at western prices. Careful now.

ShakespeareandCoUAE, ShakespeareandCoUAE,Regional Director of Operations and Franchises at Shakespeare and Co, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you very much ETXwex for taking the time to write a review about us...we are glad that you liked the quality of the food and the service...rest assured that we are dedicated to give our patron the freshest and the best quality ingredients that is available on the market , inline with our warmth and friendly service. We would love to welcome you back again and your valuable feedback, will be much appreciated as usual. Thanks again and looking forward to serve you again Sir!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The same restaurant exists in Dubai but we never had the opportunity to get there.

On a week-end visit to Abu Dhabi we came to enjoy the Corniche, Heritage Village, Fishing Harbour @ Mina Zayed and walk around Hamdan Street (5th Street).
The old souq area has been recontructed with 2 high rises and a modern shopping mall with nuce arabic architecture.
We stopped by Shakespeare and Co and really enjoyed the menu.
Kids selected the Cordon Bleu steak (with a fair amount of meat), and we selected salads and pastas. The service is fast and efficient, the food is fresh & tasty.

Thank you very much JohnPaul2010 for your lovely review of our restaurant...we are very glad to know that you and your family had enjoyed our freshly made food and excellent service. Our Cordon Bleu steak is one of our famous dish in the menu and because we don't want to be boring to our regular patrons, we decided to make chicken version of it and it received the same amount or greater accolades...it is highly recommended and the kids should try it. We are on the verge of launching our new menu and so we hope that you could give us another visit and try the new products. Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Variety of food, homemade rolls, I ordered Penne Arriabiata, with water, meal delivered quickly, best meal in Abu Dhabi to date!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband likes their sandwiches and I am in love with their Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad - it is served in a bowl made out of Parmesan cheese So Delicious!

1  Thank JGoldie928
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I thought the restaurant was nicely decorated in a very romantic fashion (girly-girl type decorations), and the food presentation was very nice. The food tasted good (I had a salad), ingredients were fresh and crispy, and the service was prompt (well, ok, this WAS just a salad, so not much cooking involved). Because I was there after the lunch hour, I had a long chat with a friend over the salad and coffee, and I have not felt rushed, which I appreciated a lot. However, I did feel that what I ordered was overpriced. I doubt I will go there again, as this is a restaurant that offers nothing special and it is not close to my work. Honestly, the best feature of the restaurant was the talk with a friend.

1  Thank Janet H