Stunning property, outstanding room design and fittings etc. Wonderful rain showers, nice balcony etc. Pool areas were wonderful.
Good choice of restaurants. Excellent choice for breakfast as you'd expect from a solid 5* hotel. Nice welcome fruit and dates tray.
Access to a fully equipped health club with gym and pool was a big plus - this is a few minutes walk away but well worth
Not in central Abu Dhabi but hey you get the beach. Its probably about 15-40 minutes drive away depending on time of day and traffic.
TO IMPROVE admittedly these are all first world problems ...)
- Had to pay for water on the beach when it was freely available in the gym and the rooms. Why? Jumeirah even provide free chilled towels and frozen watermelon so this is certainly lagging ...
- No tea and coffee making facilities - never liked the "signature" butler service where someone had to make your tea and coffee for you. Give me a Nespresso machine anytime.
- Inconsistent turn down service - e.g. forgetting chocolates a couple of times.
- Didn't provide a complimentary upgrade despite gold card status - the hotel was busy when I checked in due to a conference but after the conference was over, they still didn't want to upgrade me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island is your new address in Abu Dhabi overlooking either Saadiyat's pristine beach or the impressive Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, designed by the golfing legend, Gary Player. The resort provides unparalleled accommodations and service along with food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.