“Superb”

Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at SR Abu Dhabi for a week and can't complain. It is a great hotel, with outstanding facilities and staff. From day 1 to last minute, everything worked well - friendly staff, always looking to please guests. I was really impressed by the room size and shower. My 4 year old son really enjoyed the Kids Club and the staff by the pool are always ready to help. Only con is the price - it's steep, but you will have for sure a fantastic time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SauloPassos2013
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear SauloPassos2013,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am happy you enjoyed our well-appointed rooms and facilities, inclusive our Kids Club and that our team from pool area made every attempt to ensure your stay with us was the best possible.

We eagerly look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Living in Dubai, we occasionally weekend vacation in Abu Dhabi. We tried the St Regis and I must say that the service was truly fantastic. The quality of everything in the hotel is as you would expect of a premium 5 star hotel.

The resort is well laid out, with multiple great infinite pools (albeit not great for kids - safety wise). The beach is stunning and unspolit. Very quiet and great access to the golf course.

The rooms and spacious and bathrooms nice. Rooms are very "Amercian" style and not ultra contemporary.

The food from the main restaurant was very good and service to match.

All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank omarbinder
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Omar,

Thank you for spending your weekend with us at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort. It gives us great pleasure to read you had such an enjoyable stay. We like to assure you that we do look after your children’s safety with our enclosed Sandcastle children’s club and a team of life guards that cover every corner of our pools.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another experience beyond your expectations.

Fujairah-Dhadna
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had dinner just the other night at the Thai restaurant at this hotel. We allowed the chef to prepare for us what he thought we should try. Who would know best, right? I suggest you do the same. Dish after delicious dish arrived piping hot (or cold if it meant that way). The servers, expert at their jobs, allowed the dishes to sit for a minute so we could appreciate their beauty and savor the smells From appetizers to soup (Tom Yum - what else, but the best I ever had!) to the main courses ( we were 5 and so they brought 6!) - all exquisitely prepared. The servers took care to serve each of us, parceling out in elegant fashion, enough for us to savor and share equally. Then they left us alone to enjoy! It was the best of service, the best of fine dining, and for those of you who think Thai food is just hot stuff, try this place: it's all about accomplished taste and treat. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We didn't stay - only went for dinner. We live close by, but it is a gorgeous venue!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BRMFujairah_Dhadna,

Thank you very much for dining in Sontaya where we indeed aim to bring South East Asian food to the table in an authentic yet modern way which does not always mean spicy. We are very happy that your experience was beyond comparison.

We eagerly look forward to your return and hopefully for a leisure trip to truly experience our other facilities

geneva
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I spent 1 week with my family at the Saint Regis Saadiyat in October 2013 and it was one of the best holidays ever (I have been traveling extensively in the Gulf). My kids, aged 11,9 and 4 had a great time at the Sandcastle Kids Club where a professional team took care of them in a very safe way. The hotel rooms, sea view double (1 for me and my wife and 1 for the kids) were spacious and of excellent quality with all amenities needed for a comfortable stay. The family pool is very nice and it offers space enough and safety for children of any age. Life guards always on duty are an important part of the overall package. The quality of the food at all restaurants within the premise are of great quality and prices are not too excessive. Overall an excellent Hotel, worth a second holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alberto,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Nothing pleases us more then hearing you and your family enjoyed your holiday. We especially appropriate your comments about our lifeguards whom often seem to go unnoticed in guest experiences. We will ensure to pass on your message and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Lake City, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived on Wednesday, Oct 9 and stayed through Saturday, Oct 12. We booked the Majestic Suite and it was all and more than just a suite, it was wonderful. The staff and butler service was impeccable and the hotel is more than beautiful. The breakfast buffet was more than delightful with so many choices, everything was delicious. The shuttle service to Ferrari World was very professional, comfortable and mostly convenient. Our only complaint was we didn't stay long enough!!! This resort is absolutely amazing. This resort is a must if you enjoy beauty!!!

Room Tip: A beach view room is a must!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear John,

Thank you for your magical feedback and for choosing our Majestic Suite. I am very pleased to read that your stay at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort was wonderful.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you again!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It took me a while to come up and write this review. This is because I have tried to cherish the glowing memory of most probably my finest holidays in... well as long as I can remember really.

Comparing this hotel to others I visited in the past (Beverly Wilshire (LA), Four Seasons Palm Beach, Emirates Palace (Abu Dhabi), Royal Mirage (Dubai) and many others), it stands out - head and shoulders - because of its beauty, class and blissful atmosphere. Now on to less esoteric recounting and off to some facts:

My fiancee and I visited the hotel from September 20th to October 1st. We had booked a nice deluxe room and chose the half board option (thinking that if we'd dine somewhere else, that'd be our loss,but we'd have some nice food in any event). I have to say that the mark-up for half board was not that high and so became great value for money.

I had read people's comments as regards the Butler service. Being mindful of that, I contacted the Butler well in advance of my arrival. I explained that my fiancee and I were planning to celebrate some very important events during our trip (our anniversary, her birthday and our engagement) and I also - in friendly manner - explained that we do have high standards.

We got immediate reply in a nice and spontaneous way. That made me happy and sort of made me wonder what truth to give to the many comments I had read. And, to cut it short, all that I asked (and no I did not ask for a jet plane) was ready upon our arrival. I'm just saying: you get further with a kind word than with a frown.

So was check-in a hassle as many have commented before? No... not really no... actually our arrival was like nothing I had experienced in any hotel before: picked up in a nice Bentley, escorted to our room for in-room check in, etc. No hassle at all... AND! A wonderful complementary upgrade to a sea view suite. Honestly, this wasn't the first time I got upgraded, but the feeling is always nice. I like people who understand the value of a commercial gesture. In our room we found drinks waiting as per our order, a cake in celebration of my fiancee's birthday and the man of the trip: Shirish. He's one of the Butler supervisors and by far one of the most professional people I have ever met. Shirish not only guided us through in-room check-in, but came to visit us at the breakfast table every morning and sent us a little e-mail every evening. He arranged for all our activities and made sure all that we needed was where we needed it when we needed it.

The room was huge, as was the terrace and the bathroom. The room was very beautiful and had all the high-end amenities you'd expect in a hotel of this caliber. There's not much I can add actually because, while the room was great, the people in this hotel really made the trip what it was. Don't get me wrong the hotel is absolutely beautiful (my god it is), but it's nothing in comparison to Shirish, Stefan at the adult pool and our personal butlers Mark and Suguarti.

Now, as regards the butler service. I read loads comments claiming that: they never show up, "i waited three hours for this", my tea was not warm enough, my towels were not folded the way I want, etc. etc. etc. For me, this was not at all the experience I had. First, all that we asked happened and was done as promptly as one can expect. These guys are a personal butler for more than one guest (cudoz for them!), and so you can be a little patient... no? I know I can when I am on vacation... The most terrible thing happened when the lovely Mark told me that he could only pack our bags at 11am instead of 10am... The butler service is top notch and the people go above and beyond what could be expected in any high end Hotel.

The food. In one word: superb. I had a steak at 55&5th which was exactly as I would want it (being Belgian, I do know a little something about meat, and I can tell you: so do they). Pricy? sure but you're in Abu Dhabi (it's an expensive place). We dined at the buffet restaurant on most occasions and again, the food was really nicely prepared and there was a variety of options for everyone. Sure it gets a bit boring after 4 days but that's what you get with a buffet... that's why we chose to not eat at the buffet restaurant now and again. Just because we needed some variation, not because the restaurant needed any. And then there's KOI. While not a part of the hotel, this restaurant has a great LA vibe and taste . It's all about Japanese fusion cuisine and is just a superb place to have an elegant evening out with the Mrs.

The pool: this is perhaps the only bit of the hotel where I have some "complaints" (if you can even call them that). It will come as no surprise to you, kind reader, that my wife and I chose to spend our time at the Adult Pool. Our first comment: MORE SEATS IN THE SUN. Now, I understand that not many people will share this view (and that's why I'm not at all holding it against St. Regis), but having the sun in my back (ie. pointing my chest in the direction where the sun is not) is not what I want. I want to lay full-face in the sun 6 hours staight. Crazy? Well perhaps a little, but it's a beach resort now isn't it? Well the adult pool only has 6 seats that meet my conditions and so it was a fight to get one of them. We managed well, however. Stefan was of great help to us. Second comment: take reservations OR (equally good solution): do not allow paying outside guests access to the adult pool and reserve it for hotel guests only.

Price: For a hotel of this caliber, in this place and getting this quality of class, food, people and fun? Very very reasonable if not on the cheaper end.

St. Regis Saadiyat... you are the new pearl on Abu Dhabi's coast.
Thank you for giving us ten wonderful days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Twolawyersandlouis,

Thank you for sharing your experience gloabally on Trip Advisor and for highliting Mark's, Shirish's, Suguarti's and Stefan's effort. I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to explore our resort to the fullest and enjoyed our Mediteranian ease.

We eargerly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future for another oppertunity to deliver indelible stay.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I travel a lot through business and I usually stay at very good hotels. I have just organised a conference at the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, which brought me into contact with a lot of people at the hotel.So I know a good hotel when I see one.

I looked hard, and tried and tried to find something to fault this hotel on. But I could not find anything at all to complain about!

All the staff from front desk, to the banqueting team, to the butlers, to the cleaners, the gardeners and beach attendants were polite, smiley and very attentive.

The bedrooms, even the 'standard' ones are spacious and extremely comfortable and well-appointed. They are also very homely.

The cuisine, in all outlets is amazing (and not necessarily too expensive). The buffet breakfast each morning is excellent and extensive. The Turquoiz restaurant on the beach is a lovely setting and always has a 'catch of the day' on the menu. The 55th and 5th is the upscale restaurant and exquisite, but the jewel in the crown is the Sontaya, the south east Asian restaurant. Oh my lord! I had to keep going back. The food is like nothing else I have tasted and the service was superb.

I have stayed at and visited may hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. This is easily the best, with the best service and setting, being surrounded by a golf course and a wide long, white sandy beach with the bluest seas.

In addition, unlike many hotels in the Middle East, the decor and quality of the fixtures and furnishings is very high and 'understated', i.e. it is not the typical gaudy 'bling fest'. It's tasteful!

Across from the entrance to the hotel there is a new mini-mall of shops and restaurants opening up, for the residents of the serviced apartments and villas. This will give you a bit more variety in terms of food outlets and there is a supermarket there which is very useful if you run low on essentials. Plus you can have a bit of retail therapy, so that adds another dimension to the property.

And the conference centre is incredible.

Really, this hotel is flawless. Highly recommended! (can't wait to return)

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the pools and sea that would be advised. Some rooms overlook the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SwissP123,

Thank you for sharing your feeedback from the point of a connaisseur. It is very motivating and we do appreciate very much for recommending us so highly. It was a pleasure to accommodate you and deliver a bespoke St.Regis' experience beyond expectation.

We look very much forward to your return and cannot wait to welcoming you again.