“Five star, one star”

Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Five star, one star”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Currently staying at the st. Regis in saadiyat island. A great hotel restaurants are nice, Asian restaurant is very good. Rooms nice, top spec and service is exellent. Butler service is cool. The problem is the pool area and especially the general (non adult) pool. There are sunbeds and cabanas but it is like being in a cheap 3 star free for all on the Croatian coast. People reserve sunbeds with a flip flop or a hat or two at 8 am and then go shower and have breakfast and drift down to the pool at 1 pm or later. Some days I have seen beds reserved and then not used all day. The management should stop this process in its tracks. You turn up, you get the choice of what's available. Thats how it should be. Not like benidorm 1973. Hence 5 star but 1 star

3 Thank Charles D
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Cdiebel1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us while still being in-house with us. As we constantly work towards providing bespoke and uncompromising service to our guests, your comment is greatly appreciated. I am glad to know that a manager from our team met with you and followup action has been taken. We wish you a wonderful rest of the stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend of mine was so impressed with this hotel, that he could not stop talking about it. And he was only there for a few days for a business trip. So I decided to book a whole week for my family, since we were planing a trip to Abu Dhabi anyway. Boy was he right. Now I can't stop talking about this place. GREAT staff, amazing facilities, great view, and we had some great weather while we were here. The beach is absolutely amazing, as well as the pool area. The breakfast... Speechless. I was really impressed. Probably the best hotel I have ever been to, and I travel a lot. I never go on vacation at the same place twice, but I am thinking about breaking that rule next year. All the best to everyone that made our stay so great. Thank you!

3 Thank Albert A
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Albert,

Thank you for your recommendation and great review. We would love to welcoming you back and look forward to delivering another bespoke and indelible experience at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I’ve stayed at the St. Regis on a business trip for 4 nights. Prior to that stay, I’ve been staying for a couple of months at the St. Regis in Doha, thus kept comparing each and every aspect of the hotel

Let’s start with the pros: 1. Spacious and luxurious entrance; 2. Great Arabic style rooms (far better than the ones in Doha); 3. Amazing view; 4. Amazing breakfast (one of the best I’ve ever had); 5. Variety in dining options (steak house there is a must try); 6. Friendly staff; 7. Even though it has a laid back atmosphere, similar to the one in Doha, laundry was always on time, and taxis were always available

Now to the cons: 1) 15 min away from city center, which might be a bit far for business tourists (still worth it for me)

Personally, I would definitely chose to go back again as a business tourist. Additionally, I would also love to experience it as a leisure tourist

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nomadic W
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for your loyalty to St. Regis and for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again to The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort for another bespoke experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at most of the beach and desert resorts in the UAE and have to say the St Regis Saadiyat is one of the best. It certainly has the best stretch of beach with white sand and turquoise blue waters! We stayed in a standard room which was superb and great value for money.The rooms are very spacious with excellent bathrooms. I really liked the butler service which was very efficient indeed. I was worried on arrival as our room was not ready until 4pm, however getting a late check out was no problem at all and made all the difference.
The facilities in general are all 5 star quality and the family pool is a great design for young kids.
As I live in Dubai this hotel will definitely be a frequent place to stay for those needed short breaks away!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your honest feedback and for complimenting on our Butler’s efficient service. I am delighted to know that you have been looked after and we look forward you to your return at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort for another memorable getaway.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I have Iived in Dubai, which is a 90 minute car journey from the St. Regis Saadiyat, we enjoyed alot with facilities as baby sitting , we used also the adult pool and triqouze was avery nice shisha time , really we enjoy alot

Dear Rasha,

Thank you for taking the time to drive all the way from Dubai to stay at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort. I am delighted to read that everything was up to your satisfaction and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you again for another indelible experience.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived to the hotel as a family and enjoyed it during the eid. The best hotel in abu dhabi. check in was smooth and we checked in very early in the morning. The pool and the facilities were amazing. the staff makes the difference and they all smile. It is obvious that they enjoy providin exceptional service. It is a must to be seen and you will have your best experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Esra,

Thank you for rating us as the best hotel in Abu Dhabi! I am very happy that our team makes the difference and provided you with exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you again for another bespoke and uncompromising experience.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I have Iived in Al Ain, which is a 90 minute car journey from the St. Regis Saadiyat for about 18 months now. Al Ain has none of the things that we enjoy so much about the St. Regis Saadiyat. In Al Ain we are surrounded by desert on all sides with no Arabian Gulf, beach or fine dining establishments.

Our way of coping with this dilemma is to book ourselves into the St. Regis Saadiyat as often as we can. This week being Eid Al Adha my husband and I had 3 overnights at the hotel...which makes it our 6th visit this year :)

Of course we could book ourselves into one of the many other 5 star hotels in Abu Dhabi or Dubai (which is the same distance from Al Ain as Abu Dhabi). There is no shortage of 5 star hotel alternatives in the area...so why do we continue to return to the St. Regis Saadiyat?

Making the reservation is as easy as picking up the phone. We are SPG Members, so our customer profile is already in their system.

Confirmation of the reservation is sent immediately...so no need to worry about our booking going astray.

The Concierge contact us a day or so before our arrival to check if we have any specific travel requests beforehand or after our stay.

On this last stay, I arrived at the hotel around 2pm and completed the formalities at reception (the official check in time is 3pm). The occupants of the room we had been allocated (840) had not yet checked out and therefore our room was not ready. No problem, I had coffee in the Lounge until access was given.

By around 3:40pm I received a call on my mobile to let me know my key was at reception for our room which was now ready.

I was more than relieved to have access to our room. While in the Lounge, a young Emirati couple were sitting with their baby son (about 11-12 months) and young daughter (about 4 years). The baby boy was screaming and crying very hard. There was a bottle of medicine on the lounge table...so I am assuming he wasn't well. The little boy would not stop screaming and crying for about 10 minutes...until the Father took control and walked to the other end of the hotel with the baby. Not what I was hoping for upon my arrival at the hotel.

Once unpacked, I headed to the beach. Again, there were more crying children to contend with. I have to say I did notice a huge increase in families with young children throughout our 3 overnights. Whether it was on the beach or in the restaurants, crying children were very evident.

We do enjoy Olea for its wonderful buffet breakfast in the morning. I would ask if a green/vegetable juice could be offered along with the usual Barakat fruit juices. Our waiter was only able to offer tomato or carrot juice which is not what I was looking for.

Dinner at Sontaya was amazing as per usual as was the live entertainment throughout our meal.

Light lunches at Turquoiz were enough to satisfy our appetites until dinner....and the view over the Arabian Gulf is mesmerizing.

Dinner at 55th and 5th was delightful as we dined outside thanks to the cooler weather. Kirsten always takes amazing care of us and we do enjoy chatting with her when time allows.

We really do feel quite at home when staying at the St. Regis Saadiyat. We know our way around, the staff recognize us. The rooms are very comfortable. Please Note: Room 840 bathroom sink beside the bath tub has a noticeable crack across the bottom of the sink. The foot of the Chaise Longue has a large black mark on it. The selection and quality of food on offer is very good. Service is excellent.

Things were rather frantic over the Eid holidays with 100% occupancy in the hotel. The breakfast staff in particular were looking a bit frazzled by Day 3 of our stay. Nevertheless, all hands were on board and many of the staff have been there since the hotel opened and know the drill.

We do love the St. Regis for all the reasons mentioned. However, for our next mini break we may look for somewhere a little quieter when it comes to the adult/chid ratio.

We did enjoy our stay...except for the screaming, crying kids.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear QueenofCarlisle,

Thank you for your return and choosing us as your home. It is pleasure to read that Kirsten took good care of you during busy Eid holidays. We eagerly look forward to your 7th stay.