“Wonderful place.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
southampton
“Wonderful place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week at the St. Regis Hotel, Saadiyat Island. I think it must rank as one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in (and there's been lots). Our room was on the 7th floor with a wonderful view overlooking the whole resort, the beach and the fabulous blue sea. A very large room with a huge bathroom (with a massive bath which looks out of a huge window) and a lovely balcony. The staff at the St. Regis were outstanding. They couldn't have been more helpful, friendly or polite. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and for rating us so highly. I am delighted to read that our staff, location, views and our interiors truly impressed you.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was here on a conference and enjoyed truly 5 star facilities: several pools including an adults only one, several restaurants, a huge area of beach that you could have to yourself and turquoise bath warm seas to swim in. A staff to guest ratio that meant we enjoyed great service at all times and a butler service for that bit extra. I had an ocean view suite enjoying super views and iPhone docking stations, Bose speakers, two balconies and so on. Several families with small children were staying who were clearly enjoying themselves. There is nothing else near the hotel, the town is about 20 mins by taxi, so not for you if you want to stroll out of your hotel into town.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Davish,

Thank you for kind words. I am pleased you were impressed by our facilities and beachfront setting. Glad to read our staff took care of your every need and you were able to enjoy our signature butler service – a cherished hallmark we pride ourselves on. We hope to welcome you back for another St. Regis getaway.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is really great! The rooms are impecable! I've booked a superior room for my honeymoon: it had a huge bathroom in marble, lots of drawers , a big closet, a shower and a bath (separeted) with a window showing the beach (it's really nice to have a shower watching the arabic sea), an extra large bed (and very comfortable), and you'll sure get all the attention you need for a AA+ vacation... The hotel also provided a butler who could help us in our needs, and brought us strawberries with chocolate when I arrived with my wife... The pools are great and the hotel has its own private beach and golf circuit, that is fantastic. Of course everything is very expensive as it is normaly at this places, so be prepared! (For example, dinning in the main restaurant buffet was almost US$ 120,00 per person). Also, it is a little far from the center and other attractions.. but the overall experience was fantastic!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Alberto,

Thank you for choosing us as your honeymoon getaway. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and had the opportunity to experience our signature St. Regis butler service – a cherished hallmark for over a century now. We look forward to your return.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had an amazing time at this resort - the pools are incredible, the beach has golden sand and the children loved jumping over the waves as they rolled in. The food in all restaurants was of an excellent standard and you have to try the Friday Brunch - for adults and children there was a huge selection and loads to do. The kids club kept our youngest entertained - with games, activities and a separate shallow pool with slide.
The only slight negative is the time it takes to check-in and check-out. If this could be improved then there would be nothing negative at all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mish,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted your family and you had a wonderful holiday with us and your children thoroughly enjoyed our beachside location and the children’s club.
Feedback on check in and check out is being addressed and you will see the difference the next time you visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another indelible stay.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

It took us over 20 minutes waiting to check-in then after being told that the rooms will be ready only at 3.00 pm we went o the Thai restaurant for Lunch. The staff were great and attentive. My only comment on the food was that the Tum Yum Soup was below average and we expressed our comment o the Chef.
The rooms weren't ready before 4.20 pm.
We booked our dinner at he 55 restaurant and once again the staff (waitress Anna from Ukraine) was great! The food was amazing!
While booking we were told that last order will be at 10.45 so we rushed to finish our drinks at the Bar, but were surprised to see some customers that arrived after 11.00 pm and placed their orders.....
The biggest shock was at the breakfast where we had to queue for 10 minutes waiting to be seated....the poor hostess was completely lost...other clients from Germany (TUI TOUR OPERATOR) weren't happy...
The place is great, the staff are very helpful the facilities are top notch..but the management is completely absent!!!!!! Rooms division and F&B Managers were not around at all on rush hours!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hassene,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recognizing the efforts of our teams to provide you with a good weekend escape. I am sorry to read that you felt there was a lack in management presence as we are always available to meet guests and get first hand feedback. I hope to have the opportunity to meet with you in person the next time you’re staying with us and remedy the perception.

I look forward to your return.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Great flight with Eithad, outward was just short of 7 hours, return was 7 hours 30 mins. Transfer time to The St Regis was approx 30 mins. The hotel was fantastic, as was the service, the food and the staff. The rooms were large and very comfortable, the bathrooms were awesome, very roomy and large, two sinks with a walk through shower accessible from both doors to the bathroom. The oval bath overlooked the view.
The only drawback that i could see was that there weren't any shops in the hotel and not nearby. We were on Saadiyat Island which obviously was a clue. If you don't want to leave the hotel for a wander, or shopping then it's perfect, although the temperature was increasing daily, but i would say it was about 100 degrees and climbing. Not a good time of year to go.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I am delighted we were able to offer you a fantastic holiday. Saadiyat continues to develop as a destination, and the retail are of our resort, The Collection, will soon see shops and cafes open, offering guests more variety on the island. We look forward to welcoming you again, perhaps in the cooler months of the year.

Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort for four nights in May 2013 during a business conference. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, but there are a few "teething issues" this new resort needs to fix because rising to a five-star review.

Beginning with the service, I was blown away by the friendly, helpful, and professional staff. Although we never saw the butler who was assigned to our room, we routinely came across pleasant staff members who were eager to assist us in whatever we needed.

We were assigned a water-facing room with two double beds. The bedding is quite comfortable, although we found the double bed to be a bit small to share. The bathroom has a huge rain shower with a sink on each side of the shower, a separate toilet room, and a massive bath tub. The hotel provides various toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, mouthwash, etc.), but the containers were pretty difficult to open, and the smell of the toiletries was not very refreshing. There is ample water bottles throughout the room for drinking purposes, and we received tasty chocolates each night. Additionally, there was a table and two chairs on the balcony, but the table had a small hole in it.

As mentioned in other reviews, the air conditioning units in the rooms are pretty noisy. This did not hinder my sleep (rarely anything does), but it is noticeable. Additionally, the housekeeping staff could use a little fine-tuning. We came back to our room one day and found a shopping bag filled with trash that did not belong to us. Our guess is that the housekeeping staff had carried the bag with them from another room and forgot to remove it from our room. Moreover, although the TV menu states that you can check out of your room via your tv, this check out function does not work. I called the front desk about this, and they confirmed it was not possible to check out that way (despite the tv menu stating otherwise).

As for food, the breakfast buffet is absolutely delicious! The price of the buffet was included in our stay, so I cannot comment on the price. It was a pleasant mix of international foods. I cannot say I was thrilled with the catered food at our two events. We also had some snacks at the Manhattan Grill, which were quite tasty. The issue we had, however, was that it took us thirty minutes to find someone to serve us drinks and food. We sat on the patio, then moved to the bar, and did not see a single staff member. Other guests had been served before us and were also waiting for another round of drinks or their bills, but the staff member serving this area had disappeared. Once the staff member arrived, however, the service was fantastic.

I also visited the spa and had had the Iridium Massage for 90 minutes. The spa is absolutely stunning, and my masseuse did a fantastic job. Oddly, when I arrived for my 10 a.m. massage, the doors to the female spa entrance were locked with an unsightly red chain. I had to find a staff member to assist me with finding another entrance to the spa, and lost out on some prime pre-massage spa time. At the very least, a sign should be placed at the locked door instructing guests on alternative spa entrances.

The hotel property is massive. While walking to an event at Turquoise the first night (which is by the pool), my husband scratched his foot on a cement corner that we could not see in the dark. Additional lighting in the outdoor areas would be quite helpful.

The pool was fantastic. Perfect water temperature, and the pool staff quickly set up an umbrella for us, set out our towels, and gave us cool water. Don't miss out on a swim in the Persian Gulf - the water is quite buoyant and uniquely colored. Watch out for the rocks during your entry though, but it's a swim not to be missed. I have never visited the UAE before, and I was a little nervous on whether a bikini would be ok at the pool. My concerns were completely unwarranted, and I felt perfectly comfortable in my normal beach attire.

Overall, I cannot say there was a lot to see around the immediate vicinity of the hotel. The Louvre and Guggenheim will be great additions to the neighborhood once they open. Personally, I would not go out of my way to visit Abu Dhabi again in the near future for leisure purposes, except if I needed a break from the gloomy UK weather in the winter. If I did travel back to Abu Dhabi, I would not hesitate to stay at the St. Regis again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank B.G._Chicago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback and for particularly appreciating the efforts of our staff members. I am delighted to hear that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and relaxing and our venues, be it dining at Olea and Turquoiz or the spa treatment and Iridium Spa.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you will visit Abu Dhabi again in the near future.