“Beautiful escape”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Truly a great property. Stunning views, great staff, great food. Good for short breaks if you live in the UAE. Great if you are visiting and dont want the usual city hotel option. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted to read that we delivered to you the perfect short escape with our Mediterranean–inspired setting. I appreciate your kind words of recognition and look forward to welcoming you back for another flawless experience.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The stay which I had at St Regis was most welcoming and the service was ok however I only did stay a night. The front office team aren't the best when welcoming couples who look young however I was ready to spend money. Any way i'm sure in time that they will get better but service isn't at it best! The food is good, the rooms are amazing and saadiyat is amazing! Would I go again most defo!!!

Room Tip: get sea view!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback. Whilst I am disappointed to read your comments on our front office team, glad that you had a nice stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again, with the confidence of all aspects being flawless.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I never even got to the hotel.
Tried to call to make a booking. Twice with no response.
Third time, eventually got an answer. I asked to speak to the Duty Manager and ended feeling that I was being interrogated by the telephonist.
Wow...
I travel a great deal and have stayed in many of the hotels in UAE. Never have I ever seen such poor customer service.
No plans to stay there anytime soon if this is reflective of the service

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank kmasry
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read your comments on your first impressions of the resort. Here’s hoping you will give us the opportunity to rectify the situation and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you for a relaxing stay with us.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed to nights with family in an outstanding ocean suite! Room was great well equipped, 55&5th steakhouse was absolutely a blast..... Yet as a platinum guest a few improvements could be made on the service side and customer experience:
- check i : only 3 desks....waited 20 mn?!
- butler: absolutely useless and completely inneficient!!!!! They just re directed each of my request like a phone operator......
- no hot milk for my 4 year old daughted was charged close to 20 US for milk!!!! Shamefull!!!
- Security at the pool, kept whistling for any reason.... Difficult to relax!!!!!

Hope they will improve as the hotel and beach are superb.....one reason perhaps.....never saw any manager walking by.....

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Toufik-lyon
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Toufik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I am delighted to read that our well-appointed rooms and our signature dining venue delivered a bespoke experience, I am truly disappointed to read that not all aspects of your stay with us met with your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the concerned departments in an endeavor to better serve you the next time you visit.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

we had 8 days in this wonderful property. what can we say?
the location is perfect, the product top quality, the service perfect.
butler useful, atlhetic club geougeos, beach superb, sandcastle the top, Sontaya restaurant...best food with personalized service, bars professianist, rooms huge and perfect.
the staf always ready, prompt, present, professional, taking care genuosly of any needs. always saying and doing "something else might I assist you with ?".
specail mention to Cristine , Jose at the Sontaya restaurant, where exists the rising star Gao ,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us as ‘just perfect’ - it is certainly a moment of pride for my team and myself to receive feedback such as yours.

I will be delighted to share your kind words with my team, and we look forward to welcoming you for another indelible stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Really nice hotel - best hotel bathroom I've ever had (lovely toiletries), good asian restaurant for lunch. Beach service not good at all - staff have to walk a long way to get everything - better with some sort of system that sends the order from the beach to the bar so it's waiting when the staff pick the order up. Adults only pool very nice but some thoughtless parents had allowed their children in their - hotel needs to enforce this. Breakfast good but too many children making too much noise ( it was weekend after Easter though). Would be nice if they had adults only section of the large restaurant so we could be saved from these brats! ( I do have 3 of my own and would not let them behave as some parents do ) Many american/european families and like us suspect expats - on a good point we were saved from the "harsh, rude and unfriendly" nationality that seem to love 5* hotels!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending Easter with us, a holiday season for families looking to getaway. Our rooms are often well received by our guest, especially our spacious bathrooms with the double vanity.

We appreciate your comments and catering to children in a more personalized manner, we have a dedicated facility called Sandcastle Club for children ages 1 to 12 years.
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as part of a holiday with my sister who lives in Abu Dhabi so it was a mini break for them.
The hotel is beautiful and an excellent location with the beach. The adult pool is really lovely it's set out like oasis channels so its got lots of areas to sit/ bob around , it's a bit more of a plunge pool. But there are other pools for keen swimmers.
The service by the pool was excellent, bit generally the service was very mixed . We waited nearly 45 mins to check in then were another 35 mins for our bags to the room, and when our key card stopped working my husband it took about 40 mins to get another key.
The food in the various restaurants was very good but expensive. The Thai was very good.
The spa was excellent one of the best massages I've had.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted we delivered a true resort experience and you were able to enjoy our unique location on the pristine sands of Saadiyat. My sincere apologies for the delays experienced during check in, however this has been addressed and is being diligently working on.

Thank you again for choosing us for your mini-break and look forward to welcoming you again.