“Best resort ever in UAE”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
UAE
“Best resort ever in UAE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Can't say enough about my enjoyment which I have experienced on St. Regis Saadiyat Island.
Usually I am very picky when ever I am staying in a hotel as I am a hotelier my self.

Begining with the cheerful doorman who made the sign of the good start, then the wonderful receptionist who gave me a room with a magnificent view, he called it "partly seaview" however I can still see the shoreline from the bath tub, also the super professional butler Romano, unfortunatly he is the only one I remeber his name, he escorted us to the room and made sure that we were getting the best service during the stay.

Restaurant staff was also very helpful during the breakfast, and the breakfast buffet itself was the biggest and widest varity I ever seen.
The most amazing spot in the hotel which we enjoyed the most was the kids swimming pool as I was staying with my wife and two kids, it is totaly separated from the adult pool, and had slide, waterfall, fountains, sprinkles and lots of toys. It is covered with a big tent and linked to the huge kids club which was like a paradise for the kids. Family swimming pools was also great with view on the sea which was very relaxing.Must mention also the attentiveness of the life guards who were more worring about the kids more than our selvs and the pool attendant who was always complimentary cold water and fruit slices.

The beach as well is astonishing sand is realy soft as it wasn't touched before and the water was very pure with relaxing short waves.

The hotel room was furnished with high taste and the bathroom amenties were outstanding, and was big enough to accomodate me , my wife and the two kids.

The stay was ended nicely also by the flexabilty on the late check out on the last day and the sweets which was placed in our room.

Congratulation to the management team you should be really proud by your hotel and staff, and make sure to keep the hotel on shape and the staff happy

Room Tip: even to book for a sea view or ask for a partly sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marwan A
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your kind words. It is indeed a more complex task to satisfy a hotelier so I’m glad that we not only satisfied but delivered on our promise of providing an experience beyond expectation.
Our children’s facility, Sandcastle Club, is indeed popular with our younger guests so I’m glad your children managed ample time at the facility.
Thank you again for individually recognizing our facilities and I look forward to welcoming you again.

John Pelling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My first Trip advisor review. My stay was perfect. The staff went above and beyond my expectations. Last time I stayed in Abu Dhabi I stayed at the Intercontinetal - it was great, but St Regis was better. The buffet food was great and the adults only pool very relaxing.
I normally can't be bothered to write these things - however I thought I needed to this time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andytaylor8
Dear Andy,

We are honored to be your first Tripadvisor review. Thank you for your time and effort as it is testimony that you truly enjoyed your time with us.I am looking forward to welcome you again.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed there for one week in early Sept 2012. I could make this the shortest review ever by just saying it was absolutely perfect. Anyhow, it is certainly worthwile pointing out some experiences. The room was spacious and gorgeous; we got upgraded to a Suite being SPG platinum. Very luxurious and tastefully appointed room. The bathroom was breathtaking. So were all the amenities. Housekeeping does a fabulous job. We loved the breakfast. For the first time in my life, I set the alarm clock on vacation to have enough time for the breakfast buffet. They have everything. Every single dish is fresh and prepared to perfection. One little observation in this regard: as charter tourist groups came in, the breakfast buffet was donwgraded in size and variety. Most probably a reasonable decision since we observed the majority not appreciating the wide variety of arabian and asian delights anyhow. That leads me to the only recommendation to the discerning traveller: consider going there during low/mid season; a bit warmer but less busy and less charter groups which creates a more relaxing environment for the demanding St. Regis conoisseur. Back to the compliments: the beach is superb; absolutely clean and the life guard on duty also provides shoes for swimming if there is too much gravel on the shore. We loved the pool and the sun chairs with the ltitle cabanas behind. The pool bar/bistro serves fresh light food - just perfect for a late afternoon bite. Last but not least, our experience at the Sontaya asian restaurant was memorable. A thai-indonesian fusion dish that was truly high-end and thought throu. A melting of tastes from the best of what both kitchens offer (rather than the usual fancy-fusion stuff which just looks good, has a fancy name and tastes mediocre at its best). A big compliment to the dishes they created. The cooks, we were told Thai and Indonesian, really know what they are doing. We will certainly go back. The place is fabulous. As I said above, we'll stick to the hot season for the reason cited.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RHW1974
Greetings from The. St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I am delighted that your stay with us was absolutely perfect, a sentiment we strive to achieve with all our guests. It is also a pleasure to read that you appreciated the quality and authenticity of our cuisines as we pride ourselves on attention to detail but also on keeping food simple and flavorful.
Thank you again for the high rating and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have been staying here with my boyfriend for Valentines day, and though the hotel wasn't fully operating, we got the best treatment. From upgrade to a butler service, from anniversary dinner to amazing breakfast, from the room to the spa, from the library to the mini-bar - everything was so adorable. In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Abu Dhabi so far. Totally worth every dirham spent. The feeling they give you can not be compared to anything. The room was just huge and smartly designed, with super king size bed and a comfy coach and chairs. The bathroom made me spent half of my time in it as it was just chic) the only problem was with the shower, cuz there was something wrong with the drain whole and there was water overflow, but the housekeeping managed to make it seem like it never happened) the mini-bar was so nicely stocked with different stuff which you don't meet often in any other mini-bar and it appeared to be very smart of them to put those things inside. You should definitely wake up for breakfast, as it has so many items on display of local and continental and oriental cuisine. Also they keep bringing you some chef compliments to taste during your meal, and believe me those are just beyond everything. And of course, you shouldn't leave without checking out the spa. We had the journey for two treatment, and we were so pampered as it lasted more than 2 hours. If you want your partner to feel royal on some special day, you should totally book a room here and try it all.

Room Tip: They are all amazing, so just enjoy it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Greetings and thank you for your words of praise! I am delighted to read your stay with us was memorable and beyond expectation in every sense, a promise that St. Regis as a brand strives to achieve globally. I am glad that you also enjoyed time at the Iridium Spa, the first of its kind in the region.
Thank you again for choosing us the address to celebrate time with your loved one and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels I stayed in UAE, their ocean suite is highly recommended, great view, their kids zone area was amazing even my kid didn't want to leave the place. Definately is a hotel that I want to visit again for any short break.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank MeshariAlbannai
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Meshari,

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that your child thoroughly enjoyed the Sandcastle Club, a dedicated facility for our little guests that also allows parents alike the time to relax and take a break.
Thank you for your positive note and I look forward to welcoming your family and you back very soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I would like to express and share my gratitude with the St Regis team at Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi who provided us a luxury and unforgettable weekend holiday experience. This hotel has some of the most spacious rooms in any hotel worldwide. The service and courtesy is what you expect from St Regis, Saadiyat.
Gorgeous high quality hotel, spacious rooms, beautiful private beach, lovely pool, impeccable service, great and wonderful people and amazing property! Truly a 5 star luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi! Easily my first choice of hotels in AD. You must be proud of your family! Here are some of the most engaging individuals at St. Regis:

Nadia from the reception who did a very quick (less than 10 minutes) check-in and check-out. That was superb! Her smile makes our day gorgeous and she is very polite.

Ester from the lobby who did a perfect show around in our room and escorted us to 4th floor. She was one of the asset in the hotel. She always smile and delivered a great service. She is a star!

Mary from the Concierge. Very attentive and approachable. Professional yet friendly, thus almost to perfection. Well done, Mary!

Ivan, the Bell person who was very helpful and polite in accommodating us. He delivered a personal touch and treated every single guest as unique individual.

Allan from the poolside who was so patient to send us to the indoor pool. He did an extra mile - that was appreciated. He is an epitome of great service.

Ajay from the indoor pool was caring and very thoughtful.

Roldan from the poolside. A man who had a sense of humor. Very good, charming and chatting with him was an epic!

The two gentlemen at Olea - Andrew and John Lastimoso who did a fantastic job! Caring and thoughtful - great service! They brighten up our beautiful Saturday! Bravo to Olea Team who made our breakfast delightful and superb!

From the valet parking, door men, bell person, reception, concierge, in-room dining, butler, pool side, Olea team, health club and of course, to the management - KUDOS! We will be back soon! My friends and I had an impeccable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daryl B
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Daryl,

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback while individually recognizing our team. It is truly rewarding and a moment of pride to read that your stay with us was impeccable and that our team delivered a bespoke experience at every instance. I will be delighted to share all your comments with the team as we constantly strive at providing our guests with the best service from the time of check in until departure.
Thank you again for the kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am so glad we came to this spectacular hotel! I was completely taken in by the mediterranean theme as we drove into the resort. We were given full attention by the staff as we entered the large high ceiling lobby.. checkin was a breeze and we found ourselves being ushered to our suite in a mater of minutes.

Room Details:
As expected the rooms (Ocean Suite + Interconnected room) were nicely and uniquely decorated. The suite sitting area and dining was generous in size with its own bathroom. Ensuite master felt cozy.. loved watching tv from the Master Bed more than the living room. The view from the balcony was amazing and relaxing, but we didn't end up using it much due to the humid and hot summer weather. The bathroom in the superior interconnected room was by far better layed out than the suite's bathroom. Do note that you will have to book in advance and make the request to get a suite connected with a room.

Kids Club:
The kids club was great. The kids enjoyed the various activities there, which was a relief and gave myself and my wife some good time off :) 5 stars to that. We also managed to spend some time with our kids there painting, playing games etc.

Service:
In terms of service, staff were plenty and to be seen everywhere however they are still going through the service learning curve and have a lot to learn. But their dedication and preparedness to help made up for that.

The breakfast selection was impressive, unfortunately there was a huge rush of guests coming in which made the staff struggle to provide the expected level of service.

Overall it's a great hotel, I'd definitly be visiting here again in the winter when the weather is pleasant.

Room Tip: Definitely get a sea view room to enjoy the view from the spacious balconies. You can get a nesspr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Amer S
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your words of praise and recognition of our teams' efforts. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning later this year when the weather gets better.
I look forward to welcoming you back for another Mediterranean-inspired getaway right here in the UAE.