“Amazing weekend getaway!”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was in desperate need for some indulgence and R&R and decided to check out the new St. Regis on Saadiyat Island for a whole weekend. I arrived late on a Thursday evening and the welcome experience was very nice being greeted by friendly faces who took care of my car and my luggage. Check-in was very fast and the staff very helpful and friendly. Went up to the room accompanied by a friendly front office clerk who showed me the room with all its features. It was a superior room but very spacious (55sqm) and came with an amazing bathroom with a huge walk-in rainshower. The bathroom amenities were of very high quality. My luggage was delivered promptly and I decided to order a steak sandwich from room service which took about 25 minutes as quoted over the phone to deliver. It was very delicious.
Butler service was also always prompt replenishing the ice in the room.
Went to the Manhattan Bar and had a few drinks there. Staff was friendly and fast.
Breakfast was sumptuous and delicious with hardly anything not available except for pork products. We ordered some poached eggs which were very fluffy. The next day as the hotel was very busy we were sat in the steakhouse for breakfast and could enjoy some quiet time as the main room was cramped with families and lot of kids. The manager even went out of his way and organized a bottle of HP sauce which was not an easy task to find. That's what sets this hotel apart as a luxury hotel from the usual 5 stars.
Another great feature is the adult only pool which allows couples to spend some romantic hours far away from the loudness of the family pool. The Pina Coladas were amazing served in whole pineapples.
I truly enjoyed this stay and was able to recharge my batteries. I will soon be back for more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank revilo7777
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I’m glad that our team provided you with the perfect environment and service for the much needed relaxation. Our staff and our uncompromising commitment to service makes all the difference in providing an experience that is special and memorable from start to end. I believe the smallest gestures are those that can make a stay exceptional and I’m proud to say that our team strives to understand and deliver those small details.

Thank you again for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

From the minute you enter the hotel it exudes an understated class. The lobby is impressive and avoids the bling of many of the region's 5 star hotels. We stayed in an Ocean Suite which was also very tastefully decorated and had the most amazing bathroom and fantastic views out to sea from the large balcony.

The pool area is calm and quiet, with the most comfortable loungers we've ever encountered; a great place to relax and chill out. Thankfully there's also a really great kids club and pool which our little boy loved so you have the best of both worlds. We'd expected the heat to be unbearable but the cool breeze from the sea made lying by the pool very pleasant.

What makes the stay even more special is the warmth and politeness of the staff. Always smiling and keen to help and seemingly all knowing you by name. Amongst these excellently trained staff I have to give special mention to those in the Thai restaurant, Sontaya. Not only is service excellent and the food some of the best Thai you will find in the region but the staff are genuinely friendly and took a real interest in our family, which was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaffee

Dear Gaffee,

Greeting from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and our uncompromising service. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and your little boy had fun as well. Sandcastle Club is certainly very popular with our young guests. And since your family and you enjoyed dining Sontaya, for your next visit, I would like to recommend to our beach restaurant, Turquoiz, which opens doors post summer. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

its the st regis for a reason....an absolute marvel of a hotel...this is the perfect hotel for couples or families...although expensive, the resort boasts of some very fine restaurants, even better rooms and supreme beach front. great pool was a delight for the kids....close to the airport and the city this hotel is in perfect location for a weekend getaway..highly highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gaurav797

Dear Gaurav,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and it is certainly a pleasure to read your comments.

Our staff is committed to making every stay with us memorable and I’m glad that we are able to exceed expectations. I look very much forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing weekend with us.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Less than 20 minutes way from the hustle of Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat and yet it looks and feels like its hours away. Stunning hotel with fantastic rooms. Stayed in sea view king with comfortable bed. The bathrooms with rainfall showers and standalone deep fill bath are incredibly well appointed. The poolside areas are sleek and attended by well trained staff examplified by Frot Office Manager, Boris dejanovic, who deserves special thanks for his customer focus and attention to detail. Friday Brunch was busy but good value, clearly popular with children and families. Well worth a weekend or longer break away from the city and the bonus of being close to two incredible golf courses in Saadiyat and Yas Links. Much better value than some other 5 star hotels in the area. highly recommended. Go on treat yourself....

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank abudhabikev
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your high recommendations.

It is kind of you to recognize our staff, our biggest asset, and our service standards, a cornerstone of all that we do. I am glad that we provided you a true leisure experience and a perfect weekend getaway. And yes, like our Friday Brunch, our resort takes pride in being a family friendly address with dedicated experiences – be it the adult pool or the Sandcastle Club for children.

Gathering you are a golfer, the special summer golf escape that the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club has launched with us might be of interest to you. Thank you again for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back for another weekend very soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Having been "instructed" by Jason Oakley, the Chef de Cuisine of the restaurant, on his favorite dishes; the evening progressed from one amazing dish to the next. The setting is the St. Regis on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, the restaurant is beautifully designed, boasting generously sized tables and very comfortable chairs, the flatware and glassware are of the highest quality, making a dinner there an experience. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, well schooled in the intricacies of fine dining. To the food...must try the layered Wagyu crudo, the scallops, the aged steaks and a succulent John Dory. The deserts are absolutely fantastic.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Idenburger
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Idenburger,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

55&5th, The Grill, our signature venue, has certainly raised the bar for fine-dining in Abu Dhabi and I am delighted to read that your experience was fantastic. I will share your feedback with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back and also reading about your experience at our other venues.

Best regards,
John Pelling

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Thank you for nice set up on my table during my visit to asian restaurant, i was proposing my girl friend we were so impressed with the table set up esspecially m tabe was facing on sun set.

Meezaan

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank meezan s
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Congratulations Meezaan! Thank you for choosing to dine at Sontaya, our Southeast Asian restaurant, on your special evening. I am sure our team would have assisted in making every detail memorable. Wishing you and your partner the very best ahead and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I use Trip Advisor to decide on where to stay so wanted to post a review to help everyone else. I travel for a living and for pleasure and have the luck of staying in many 5* resorts around the world but that does mean I have stupidly high expectations. I therefore had to write about the St Regis as there is nothing I can fault.

The service was perfect and unlike another review on here we found the staff were prompt, efficient and well-trained. Rooms were lovely, particularly the bathroom, Friday brunch is one of the best in the UAE, our glasses were never empty. The 55 on 5th restaurant was fantastic, both food and ambience. The resort is beautiful and I would not hesitate to stay there again, I am even planning when that will be!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dubai2London
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your positive comments.

It is indeed a pleasure to read that your stay with us was wonderful. Our staff is our biggest asset and they commitment to service standards certainly make all the difference in making the stay with us memorable. As I read that you enjoyed dining with us, I am confident you will appreciate our beach restaurant, Turquoiz, which will open doors post summer. I very much look forward to welcoming you back at our resort.