“Fantastic- thanks Bassel & party”

Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown
Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Fantastic- thanks Bassel & party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is a cut above other hotels in Abu Dhabi. It may not be at the beach but splashes if fun can be experienced at Vertical bar any day. So many Themes- Spanish night every Wednesday and Singles night every tuesday and Thursday make it special.and food is yummy. I have not seen such caring staff at any hotel in few years. This stay of two weeks at Cristal was fabulous and it was hard to miss home in Australia while I was in the hotel. Thanks to Bassel El Kontar, the food and beverage director and his team who spares no effort to provide a world class experience. Forgot to mention Valentine day celebration was superb at Crustal.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Cristal Salam hotel is a first class hotel with first class staff. Unfortunately, our stay was just for one night but I would recommend a stay for anyone considering a stay in Abu Dhabi. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The food was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The room was of a standard that some 5 star hotels would envy. I would not look beyond the Cristal Salam for my next trip to Abu Dhabi. Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eldel63
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments.
I am indeed lucky to have what you describe as a "first class" team who are indeed "exceptionally" friendly & helpful. That urge to look after our valued guests comes from deep within, at least for a good majority of us! Thank you for noticing, & sharing your experience.

Our Kitchen team is beginning to win over fans with their tasty creations at Vertical Wine Bar & restaurant as well as at our Korean restaurant called SURA.
Try Chef Feras' lamb shoulder or Creme Doryfish at Vertical, & I promise that you'll be back for more!
And as the review prior to this states, our rooms are better than most 5 star hotels. And our price is definitely at 4 star levels. Which simply means that, YOU, our guest are spoilt for value at both Cristal Hotels in Abu Dhabi !

Come & experience the difference, & our value proposition again.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fantastic service - staff were very friendly and very attentive. The manager was monitoring check in, and he was very involved in making sure everything was OK. The hotel itself is fantastic - room quality was beyond 4* in my opinion, much nicer than many 5* I have stayed in. We ate in the Vertical bar and both the food and service were outstanding.
All in all great hotel, great room, great service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ConorD1981
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Cristal Salam , get location in the 'tourist club' area , Like others say it really is a 4 star hotel with 5 star service , The staff are all very welcoming , friendly , helpful yet professional . The food at Sura was very yummy and also authentic korean . The bar (Vertical ??) is cute and a little quirky but nice with a good wine selection , and fantastic city views , the bar manager was really nice and had a good knowledge on wines . Over all i very much enjoyed my stay at both Cristal Salam and at their sister hotel Cristal and would recommend it with out a doubt .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sara643
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on our central location, & our restaurants & bars.
Sura, our Korean restaurant, is getting increasingly popular. You clearly enjoyed our extensive wine selection at Vertical, & on your next visit, do try our steaks, & other dishes. Wednesday's are our Spanish Night, and you can enjoy delicious tapas & paella & relax to the tunes of our flamenco guitarist.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I found the Cristal Salam hotel to be perfect for me on my 2 day stopover on a trip from Australia to the UK. It is a centrally located business orientated hotel that is fairly new. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are clean, functional and of a decent standard as expected for a 3 - 4 star hotel. The taxi driver from the airport knew the place, it took about a 30 minute drive and cost 60 dhs. I would definetly recommend this hotel for a stop over or a business traveller. If I was staying for longer as a tourist, I would possably look at a more tourist type hotel, but they are much more expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mcloupet
Benicia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cristal Salam is a 4 Star hotel with 5 Star service. A real hidden jewel. Very reasonably priced relative to other Abu Dhabi properties. Every aspect of this hotel got my highest marks. Staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Reception, room service, restaurant, Spa Fitness Center, Bell Captain and Concierge service were all outstanding. Rooms were modern, clean, well layed out and stocked with amenities for the experienced traveler. The shower is especially nice. After I left, I realized I had left some items in the in-room safe. I immediately called the hotel and asked them to retrieve them. At about the same time, I got an email from the hotel telling me they had my items, which were carefully listed in detail in the email. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the Amber rooms, which were very nice. The hotel is not on a main thoroughfare, s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler94510
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive, & encouraging review.

You touched upon a few points which are areas of focus for us: staff going out of their way, & providing good value. And yes, we do hear the term, "hidden gem," which keeps us striving even harder to delight our guests.

On your next visit, do try our Vertical Wine Bar & Restaurant, & Sura ( Korean restaurant) & I am sure you would have left with even happier.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This morning I returned from 2 nights at Cristal Salam hotel. I was reminded several times by staff there to review it on Tripadvisor, so here we go.

First, a few words about getting there. Whilst in UAE I found that taxi drivers don't have a great deal of knowledge as to where hotels are located. When you arrive in Abu Dhabi you might want to have a map with the location of Cristal Salam identified.

Cristal Salam is a fine hotel. At check in there was a bit of encouragement to upgrade to a larger room for 'only' £24 a night (which we did) and a run down of what we will be getting 'free' with the room (which is all on their website). The rooms are a good deal, with very fast wifi (and you don't get knocked off) and very quiet.

As for food, we went to the Beach Rotana hotel next to Abu Dhabi mall, about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. It has multiple dining and drinking options in a large courtyard and you can walk back to Cristal Salam.
Would stay again. Good luck!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple