“Very fresh, new and comfortable”

Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai
“Very fresh, new and comfortable”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

New Hotel on very good location in Abu Dhabi.
Rooms are nice, not too big, but spacious, clean and the entire hotel smells very nice.
Staff is kind and well trained.

Ameneties are also very good, loved the body lotion smell.

The only thing - breakfast was kind of poor with very simple, limited options.

Overall, good for short trips and overight stays in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is not often that the exotic smelling air freshners we use get noticed! Thanks especially for mentioning that, & the fact that our team members are kind.

Your comments on the breakfast are noted, & I believe we need to train our colleagues better on informing guests that we can prepare eggs to order. Our buffet also features fresh fruits, cereals, cheese, cold cuts, home made breakfast rolls & fresh bread, & a few Arabic & Korean specialities. I hope you will leave with a different impression on your next visit!

Cristal Abu Dhabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Selected the Cristal Salam based on the glowing reviews here, and just completed a 2 night stay there on my first visit to AD. As probably with most people, you read reviews and then cross your fingers and hope that when you get there, they turn out to be accurate. Have to say that the hotel was actually better than I expected. This place knows what it means to exceed expectations! Yes, the rooms are super nice, clean, spacious enough, modern and comfortable. Up there with the top hotels. But what stands out for me is what others have commented on, and that's the incredible friendliness of the staff. Everyone I encountered at Cristal Salam was exceptionally pleasant and helpful and always smiling. I don't know if you can train for that or they look for these traits when they hire, because it felt absolutely genuine.

I've stayed at many, many hotels around the world, and for the all around value and experience, this is one of the top!

(Note: I was on a business trip and traveling alone. If I were traveling with my children for 1 night, I would probably stay here, but for a longer stay with children, I would probably opt for a hotel with a large pool. I didn't see their pool, but front desk staff were honest in telling me when I inquired, that its a very small pool.)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I must stay that this is a real value for money. This is the first time my company (Inchcape Shipping) booked me in this hotel. I must agree that there is no regret. There was a coordial welcome and high degree of hospitality shown by every staff(s) in this hotel.

I had all the best of experience except for two things.... when I booked in on 4th Dec till 6th Dec, my mini bar was not stocked since the time I came into the room. While checking out I was asked by the attendant at the reception desk whether I had anything from the mini bar??????? not sure whether the house keeping did make an attempt to fill the stocks and update their daily stock report done for each day.

This come as a point to be referred as being a ISO Quality Auditor, these things are cared by me.

Second encounter was with the room service, when ordered for food and specially asked not to put veal/meat, food was still sent with veal/meat, and when asked why ? was told that they would revert nothing happens for nearly 15-20 minutes and then to pick the wrong dish from the room took another 15 minutes. Calls at Sura Restaurant was not being picked up for atleast 20 rings to compliant about wrong food sent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor would be ideal rather than the lower levels.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the great value , & the warm hospitality we provide. You may have noticed that these are the most frequently mentioned attributes in the reviews we get.

My apologies really on the room service order. My team & I are aware of certain deficiencies in this area, & we are working hard to improve ourselves here.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is a great find!! It is at least 30% less expensive than other hotels in Abu Dhabi, the rooms are VERY comfortable but the real treasure is the service.
If you are in Abu Dhabi for a lengthy stay you may want to be on the beach, but we were here for only 2 nights and the Cristal Salam really suited our needs.
We had two rooms because we were tavelling with our 14yo son and a family friend. My son said that if he could have the free and very speedy wifi and the same bed from this hotel in every hotel he ever stayed in..he would be a happy person.
The rooms aren't big but the beds are divine to sleep in and the bathrooms are great. I used the gym on level 9, which was well-equipped and we used the hotel car service to pick us up at the airport when we arrived at midnight.
The drivers could not have been nicer and check-in was speedy and efficient.
We included breakfast in our room charge and the buffet was good - not outstanding but more than adequate, although they will cook you fresh hot food, which looked delicious.
I would highly recommend this hotel as excellent value and we would stay here again in a flash.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor with no real outlook but we didn't spend much time in the room during d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rosebank1
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the fact that we provide great value. Honestly, our rooms, & the comfy bed your son loved, are of a good 5 star standard. And the "real treasure" as you call it, our friendly service, is an attribute many hotels will struggle to match.

And all of the above, at friendly prices too!

We hope to welcome you, & all others who follow your advise to choose us in a "flash!"

Barcelona
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by this new hotel. I travel frequently to Abu Dhabi, but this time was the first at Cristal Salam Hotel. The rooms were very nice and the staff is so friendly. Surely I will repeat in my future business trips.

Room Tip: My room was 407, so quite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
canberra
Reviewed November 23, 2012

thanks to trip advisor, i made the right choice in choosing cristal salam for a stay of 2 nights on our way back from cairo to sydney.
it was truly a wonderful hotel with every staff member making you feel very welcome with their smiles & warm greetings.
altho we had booked to an amber room, we decided to upgrade to a topaz suite as it was available on a special rate. It was great with a huge sitting room & the bathroom had both a bath , separate shower room & toilet. there was also another toilet near the lounge.
we had access to free wifi & there was coffee/tea making facilities.
the heated swimming pool on the 10th floor is definitely the place to go to after a hot day of sightseeing & shopping.
i like the location of the hotel as there is a supermarket across the street, a laundromat behind
,banks everywhere & about a 10 minutes' walk to the big abu dhabi mall where you can catch the hop on hop off bus around the city . the marina mall & the big mosque is worth a visit.
there is a fantastic indian restaurent called Indian Palace just around the corner on salam street, a must if you love indian food, really authentic & great service.

Room Tip: do not upgrade to topaz suite if you have booked a ruby or amber room as the special package offere...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank godzilla_oz
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Cristal Salaam hotel for 3 nights. We arrived at Abu Dhabi airport at 4 am and asked the hotel to arrange a pick up. A very nice guy picked us up and we have a very comfortable ride to the hotel.
Checking in was very easy. We asked for a room at a high floor. We ended up on the seventh floor, room 710, a corner room. Very nice, spacious room. Bathroom was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was more than decent, with a wide choice and we could order our eggs in any way possible.
The hotel is really very good, but it is the staff that makes it exceptional. People are extremely friendly and helpful, both at the bar and the reception. And the best this is that they actually seem to mean it. They are so helpful, gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and just gave us the impression they really care about their guests.
The hotel is located +/- 10min walk of Abu Dhabi mall, but any way in Abu Dhabi you need to take a taxi for everything, so although the location was ok, location should not be the main reason to choose a hotel in Abu Dhabi.
I would definitely go back to this hotel again, that's for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the genuine care & friendliness of our team members. Your comments are received with even greater pride, as you are a Senior Contributor with reviews in more than 25 cities!
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.