“So so Buffet.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of CuiScene

CuiScene
Ranked #754 of 2,023 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“So so Buffet.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had buffet in this restaurant for a lunch meeting.

The set up and service is quite good.

The sushi was good but the salmon sashimi smell was so strong that I couldn't eat it even with lots of Wasabi....

The food in the Asian section was so limited that it's not worth having that section. The rest of the selection was only so so.

Overall it was just ok....

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great buffet, lousy a la carte.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I visited the restaurant twice, once as being invited in a larger group to eat from the buffet. Fantastic sushi and if you are really hungry you can consider the buffet good value for money.
A few days later I took some colleagues for a simple and quick dinner before flying home. Bad experience. Food took forever, confusion on everything from the staff and the check was all wrong etc.
If you are at Fairmont I rather recommend the Lebanese restaurant Cedar House.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good but not outstanding.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had an evening out on 8th January, 2013.
This is a multicuisine restaurant and has the spread any 5 star hotel Restaurant is expected to have, even though not much of Continental representation was there. There were plenty of sea food items. Choice of soup and starters was limited. The soup I tasted was too salty. At $55,the buffet was excellent value for money; however I did not find any preparation particularly outstanding.
The outdoor sitting could not accommodate many and did not have any impressive sea view except a small part at one corner.
I asked for grinders of sea salt and black pepper to a lady attendant; the chief attendant came in and scoffingly pointed at the normal salt & pepper dispensers those were there right in front of me. Later I had a word with him and he said that lady could not communicate to him properly. By the time my daughter and my wife were taking sweet dishes and the outdoor sitting area was getting full, another man came and asked whether he could prepare the bill (ie, it was time to move out). Then we were told to pay for something (which we were not supposed to pay) and needed another session of clarification.
Overall, spread usual for 5 stars, deficient in some areas, quality of preparation not extraordinary, good value for money because of the variety. (Abu Dhabi is a place of many outstanding 5 star Hotel Restaurants). As for me, I was not impressed with the staff; I shall prefer another place for my evening out.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank drdebasisbiswas
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Excellent Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I usually don't go for buffets but after traveling for nearly 30 hours I just wanted something quick to and then go to bed to cure my exhaustion. I honestly wasn't expecting something like this. First they offer a very good selection of Middle Eastern, Asian, European and international cuisine. I had a little bit of everything, sushi, hummus, sashimi, tabuleh, alaskan crab legs etc... It was all delicious. For what was supposed to be a quick bite turned into a feast! Also the dirty martini I ordered was "al dente" and for smokers, they have an indoors section so no need to rush outside for a smoke. The staff was also very nice. I recommend it!

1 Thank RiadSZ
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best brunch in Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had some guests visiting from Overseas and decided to take them to a friday brunch. CuiScene at the Fairmont AD was our first choice and it did not disappoint. The restaurant was full to capacity but the service was outstanding and the selection of food is out of this world.
I love the way each Chef takes a lot of pride with his individual section and as you go around you can have a chat and the chef's are willing to make you anything that you ask for if you can't find it on the buffet.
The highlights for me is the amazing sushi and seafood on offer. Very fresh and a great selection. The dessert room will not disappoint the sweet tooth's and and you may find yourself back for more samples.
There are several packages available including the free flowing bubbly.

• Visited September 2012