“Amazing day ”

Ranked #4 of 140 things to do in Abu Dhabi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing day ”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful tour at the hospital, we found it very informative. I recommend to anyone who visits Abu Dhabi to check it out. Such beautiful creatures they care for. All staff were so friendly.

1 Thank Sarina S

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fontana, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“One of a kind experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

One of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Being so close to these amazing birds.

There is construction on the road near the hospitals exit. We ended up missing the exit and arriving late to our tour, they still let us in and we got to join a small group of 3 others. I loved the size of the group because our tour guides were able to answer all of our questions and let us get really close to them. My boyfriend and I got to expereince what it was like to hold them, watch them get their nails and beaks cliped. The tour guide took us to an outdoor room (which is partially air conditioned) for them in the summer months and watch them in flight.
I myself, wanting to become a vet found out programs they offer to be well informed about how to properly care for these birds. The tour guides were very informative and well educated to answer all of the questions we had. I definatly recommend this place to visit.

1 Thank DominiqueMarin
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my bucket list”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

we had a conference to attend so afterwards we went with some others on the tour. The Tour guide from the facility was excellent. Very informative and interesting. I was frighten but was reassured that everything was safe.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank gasgirl2014
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A very exotic location to treat the very exotic national bird”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had heard of this attraction and that you needed to book before you went, which we did.

Important to note that it is not so easy place to get to, if you don't know too well Abu Dhabi. The geo location on your GPS is the best way, and their location is wrong on their website. This is the actual geo position: 24°24'48"N, 54°42'26"E

Anyways, once you manage to find them, and attend this amazing tour, in mine it included a real treatment for one of the "patients", yes, that's right, they are called patients, the falcon-pets who are brought by their owners.

There are so many, and the entire tour is a bit like an episode of National Geographics on falcons. If you like this type of programs, you are up for a treat! Enjoy!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank tina_n_v
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Coolest hospital one can visit!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a fantastic time touring the Falcon Hospital! From the reception desk to the doctors were all most welcoming.
It's a very unique experience waiting for a tour to see falcons being checked in as patients as a start.
The doctors showed us how to safely put out a falcon to examine it, what kind of normal procedures it goes through, manicure, broken feather extension, etc.
We not only get to touch them, we got to hold them & take photos: a salon falcon, a hobbit falcon, a baby owl; I even got to feed a gyrfalcon. This is the most amazing experience.
The children all want to move to a country where one can raise a falcon as a pet after this experience.

Visited July 2014