“You have got to try this place”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel Is very dramatic and no expense was spared. The use of marble is astonishing. Great pools and beach. We stayed in a residence with kitchen (studio apartment). It was very nice, excellent kingsize bed, very comfortable, large flat screen with Bose stereo. Great views with remote controlled curtains. The gym is good for cardio and adaquite for lifting, heavy bag and exercise area, weights are not top of the line. Staff is wonderful, cool towels, water brought to you during work out.

Speaking of staff they are as good as it gets, the training program must be world class. We had a problem with our key losing charge. The restaurant manager for Scott's, Timothy Groenweg happened to be at the elevator,(up stairs). He recognized us from dinner and insisted on insuring our cards worked and escorted us to our room after to insure that not just the elevator worked but our room also. Another couple was having the same problem. To his credit he repeated the process making guest's feel very special. Of course he had other things he was doing at the time but he dropped them and made us his priority. Needless to say we ate at Scott's for lunch prior to departing for the airport, get the shrimp cocktail, it has shrimp and crab in the lettuce. The restaurants here are superb. Quest was out of this world, bring your wallet but you get what you pay for. Scott's is great seafood, don't miss it.

Rays is a must for cocktails with a view.

If you are up for travel to eat, the St. Regis has a great Asian "Sontaya" it was recommended to us and is worth the trip.

Negatives...the hair dryer is not able to be plugged in near a mirror, keys tend to loose charge...

Great place we will be back.

Room Tip: If you want snack or drinks for the room, bring them with. No small shop is in the hotel or close by...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve R
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Steve R,

Thank you for comments and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised assistance especially by Tim was both positive and memorable.

Thank you also for your constructive criticism about the hair dryer and keys which we have certainly taken on board.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us sometime in the hopefully not too distant future and look forward to that day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed two nights here on business. The Hotel is superbly located with magnificent views of the Arabian Sea. My bedroom was spacious, well laid out and the bathroom similarly with generous sized shower and separate bath. The top floor restaurant called Quest on the 63rd floor - the tallest in the United Arab Emirates - is well worth a visit. Its Asian cuisine is superb and the service is excellent. In fact it was so good I chose to dine there again for the second night instead of choosing any of the other 5 restaurants. All in all, the experience was of a very high standard as as someone who spends a considerable amount of time in Hotels around the world, the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers really hits the sweet spot.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can and overlooking the Arabian Sea
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NicholasClaxton

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s truly appreciated.

Working in an industry and as part of a team where everyone is dedicated to making your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible. It’s always nice to know that our personalised touches and service have made your visit to Abu Dhabi that much more memorable and special. To receive such words of appreciation and thanks does mean a lot to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share these comments.

Your message has been shared internally and sent to Quest team where they were just thrilled.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, where you are always welcomed and fondly remembered.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As a part of the corporate delegation from a leading Abu Dhabi Based O&G Company, i was given the opportunity to stay for 2 nights at the Jumeirah. I took my family along and spent 2 nights in this fabulous hotel. The room was big and to my pleasant surprise, the bathroom was very spacious and roomy. Stayed on the 33rd floor and the views of AUH city were fabulous. Mattresses & pillows were super comfortable and so were the in room amenities. The variety of restaurants was fabulous and would recommend everyone to go to the ROSEWATER, the inhouse multicuisine buffet restaurant. Did not find any difficulty in finding Indian Vegetarian Food. A point worth mentioning is the availablity of a KIDDIE menu for the in room dining & my kid thoroughly enjoyed the fare. A special mention to the staff in the lobby who took extra care in pampering my little one. 2 Thumbs Up for the Jumeirah. Looking forward to staying there again! Thanks to the staff for making our stay extremely memorable.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher rooms for breathtaking views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bharat K

Dear Bharat K,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s truly appreciated.

Working in an industry and as part of a team where everyone is dedicated to making your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible it’s always nice to know that our personalised touches and service have made your visit to Abu Dhabi that much more memorable and special. To receive such words of appreciation and thanks does mean a lot to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share these comments.

Your message has been shared internally and sent to Rosewater, Private Dining and Lobby Lounge team where they were just thrilled.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed two nights, and the first night we did face a problem which the staff at Jumeriah at Etihad Towers handled with the utmost professionalism. The second night thanks to the courteous hotel staff was probably one of the best nights i have ever had at any hotel or resort around the world. Apart from that, 5 star hotel with 5 star facilities and 7 star service. Thank you once again for a memorable stay. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in abu dhabi for a few nights.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank somewillsayno

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such an approving review, it’s truly appreciated.

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised assistance by the team was both positive and memorable.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family and I have spent 3 nights last April in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are massively big and extremely tidy. Very comfortable mattresses. Very cheerful and helpful staff. The services are indeed renowned as the unique Jumeirah hospitality. The variety of restaurants is fabulous. Fantastic location opposite Emirates Palace. Spectacular views all around Abu Dhabi City. Highly recommended for business as well as families.

Room Tip: All rooms are having spectacular views!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adel M
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Adel,

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised assistance by entire hotel team was both enjoyable and memorable.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I just finished a three night stay on the 27th floor of the Jumeriah at Etihad Towers, and would recommend it to other travelers. The hotel lobby is jaw-dropping, with a stunning view of the Gulf. Checkin was easy, and I was quickly escorted to my room. The room itself had beautiful views of both the city and water -- very modern, comfortable and generous in size. The service of hotel staff was equally as positive. The concierge helped me arrange a last-minute dinner for ten on Quest -- even taking me around to see all of my restaurant options. Service at the large conference I attended was excellent, and the staff rearranged the setup for room being used for our meeting at the last minute. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Only warning. It is hard to tell which direction the showerhead in the shower is pointed. When I went to turn on the shower in the morning, the hot water blasted into my face, forcing me across the suddenly wet marble floor. I ended up flying through the air and landing on my side. I recommended to the concierge that they tell the housekeepers to make sure they turn the showerhead away from the shower entrance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Petelock

Dear Mr. Petelock,

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised service by the entire hotel team was both positive and memorable.

Thank you also for your constructive criticism about the showerhead which we have certainly taken on board. The concerned team has been briefed to ensure occurrences like this are not repeated.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed for one week while my apartment was being renovated.
I was treated like royalty from the time I walked in the doors. I was given hand cloth while at reception, to wipe my hands, and given a beautiful juice.
I was taken to my room and was amazed in how large it was and well set out.
It had everything I needed and more.
It was very clean and cleaned daily.
Great coffee machine and selection of coffee in the kitchenette.
Had good sleep every night and heard very little noise from outside.
Great views out to the ocean.
Free high speed internet.
Thanks to all staff for great week.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KiwiCzech
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s truly appreciated.

Your message has been shared internally and sent to the entire hotel team where they were just thrilled.

Doris Greif,