“The perfect beachfront hotel in Abu Dhabi”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The setting: I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay closer to the city center, in a new, comfortable property, with beach access. Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is a new deluxe property; it is one of five towers in a complex which includes office and residential towers. The hotel looks fresh and stylish. It is well adorned with numerous restaurants, a state of the art gym and spa and a lovely pool area with what seems to be a man-made beach. The beach is on the smaller side and the sand is not granular or soft; the water of the gulf is fresh and cool, whereas the pools were like a lukewarm bath. The lobby is impressive, and well adorned. There are smoking and non-smoking areas and plenty of seating to have drinks or tea. There is a nice bar on the sixty second floor. Locals and tourists frequent the public areas of the hotel.

The rooms: We had a regular tower room and a deluxe room. The difference was the size, with the deluxe having a slightly larger bedroom and a much larger bathroom with a stylish bath tub. Both rooms were extremely well appointed. The high tech climate control and extensive television channels were a plus. The amenities included samples of products from the spa, deluxe sets of bath/hair products, excellent tea varieties, espresso cartridges and plenty of complimentary water. The bedding was plush and made sleeping luxurious. Each night, tasty, turtle shaped chocolates of different varieties were delivered to the room as well as nice fruit platters. Internet here is complimentary, but is frustratingly slow pool side, but of decent speed in the lobby and up in the rooms. It is a shame that a premier hotel in UAE, a first rate, modern destination has developing world internet speeds. This is the only thing this hotel should correct.

The food: There is a generous breakfast buffet for @ US $40/person, with continental, Middle Eastern and Asian options. There is no point in booking a room with breakfast included if you are staying alone, as the difference in rates between a room without and with breakfast reflects an extra charge of @ US $80/night; you end up paying for breakfast for two people in that case. If you are staying at the hotel on Fridays, don’t miss brunch. Reserve a table for brunch in advance, in order to sit outdoors. I would recommend requesting an outdoor table away from the pool, as you will be eating besides hotel guests who enter and exit the pool your entire meal. Brunch is an extraordinary affair here, with a massive selection of cheeses, smoked fish, oysters, sushi, salads grilled meats and seafood, pasta and desserts. At @ US 65/person, skip breakfast and hold out for brunch. If I am not mistaken, brunch is also offered on Saturdays, as the UAE weekend is Friday and Saturday. The hotel has at least six restaurants to choose from. BICE is a solid option for quality Italian and Scott’s is a delectable seafood restaurant, well worth a visit.

All in all, Jumeirah Hotel at Eithad Option is by far the best option in terms of price, value for your money, amenities/comfort level, beach/pool access and restaurant options on site. The regular rooms are a bit on the smaller side, furnished with queen-size instead of king-size beds at the most economical price point. Don’t let this be a deterrent; this is an incredible property!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers! Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our hotel facilities, room design and restaurants. Your comment regarding the internet speed at pool side is noted and I have shared it with concerned department. Your feedback is very important to us as obviously it is the only way we can continuously improve our standards and service.

We have different types of special room packages which not only include free buffet breakfast but also attractive privileges. To find more details for your next visit please contact us at landline +971 2 811 5888 or JADReservations@jumeirah.com.

Many thanks for your recommendations about The Chill & Grill Brunch at Nahaam. Our brunch serves from 12:30 to 15:30 on every Friday. I have shared your compliment with the culinary team; everyone is so happy to have their efforts appreciated.

Once more, thank you for the great review; I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Doris Greif

Write a ReviewReviews (3,469)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay at Jumeirah Etihad Towers with our 2 children (aged 8 & 6). In search of some sun and pampering, the trip delivered on both counts.

We arrived past midnight to be greeted by a surly member of check in staff (female). Not the norm. The lady who provided welcome drinks and showed us to our room however was delightful. There was a good deal of confusion when we asked whether rollaway beds had been prepared for the children but we were assured housekeeping would sort out additional bedding if required. The room and bathroom (Grand Deluxe) were wonderful and the view from the 54th floor spectacular but there was only one bed. After promises of additional beds, the Supervisor from Reception called 10 minutes later to say there were no rollaway beds available and wouldn't be for another 2 nights. We were offered a second room at extra charge. Totally unacceptable for a hotel of this standard and I said as much. Cushions from the sofa were eventually laid out to form a double bed on the floor for the children and an additional bed did arrive the following morning. By then we were less tired and it no longer seemed like a big deal particularly as everything else was exceptional. There was however further confusion when no one at either Concierge or Reception seemed to know about the free entry to Yas Island Waterpark as part of the Easter offer for guests staying more than 5 nights. It took 3 attempts and evidence provided by us (the hotel's own website where the offer details were outlined) before this was rectified. Free tickets were happily provided once it was established they had been advertised, and we had a great time and took the free shuttle that runs daily.

We had breakfast and dinner at Rosewater every night as we were on HB. The food, staff, seating and ambience (relaxed, understated elegance) cannot be faulted. We loved it. Our daughter adored Beatrice who was absolutely charming and a ray of sunshine every morning at breakfast and Samson happily cooked our son his favourite pasta every night. Other members of staff of particular note are Wazim, Merifel, Ethan and Rahul although everyone we came across went out of their way to help and made the overall experience memorable (first night aside).

The pool area and service was wonderful. The lifeguards were plentiful and vigilant. The beach was a little disappointing but it didn't bother us in the slightest.

Housekeeping did a fantastic job, the room was spotlessly clean and chocolate turtles and small gifts at turndown were a nice touch. The gym is also excellent.

Communication could be improved both between staff and guests and between different hotel departments but despite this we had a wonderful time and would definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to know that you largely enjoyed your stay especially the pool service, in-room amenities and Six P Gym.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the additional bed not being made available. As we were experiencing high occupancy during your stay, the extra bed unfortunately was not available on your first night. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding the free entry ticket to Yas Island Waterpark, it was part of our Easter Special Offer Package and entitled to our guests who booked directly with us. I trust that you received the complimentary tickets and enjoyed the trip to the Waterpark. We have reinforced communication training for our Front Office Colleagues - many thanks for your comments in this.

It was indeed a pleasure looking after you and on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was our honeymoon and upon arrival we were greeted with a bottle of wine and a cake. The room was lovely and so were the staff. Unfortunately, that was where most of the positive factors ended. We were out the next day from 11am until 5pm. Room was not made up even though we had the "maid" button pressed all along. Called reception and this was rectified immediately and staff were very apologetic (blamed it on how busy it was). However upon turning over the sheets, there were brown marks along the edge of one (NOT burn marks from ironing which would have been ok). It was also my husbands birthday and without us saying anything they brought more cake and chocolate. Concierge also directed us to the falcon museum which, as it turns out after 30min drive, was closed. So all in all, lots of little perks, but I would rather have had no chocolates and cake in exchange for clean sheets and towels. We were really looking forward to our stay but the experience was surprisingly disappointing even though the hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank When_pandas_attack
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the housekeeping service and linen. I have addressed it with the concerned colleagues. This is certainly not our usual standard and rest assured we have reinforced training to ensure this does not happen again.

I am very sorry to read your Falcon Museum experience. We usually verify our clients to accredited tour operators. Please be so kind to tell us more specific details ’Did you book the Falcon Tour with us; who did you talk to at concierge desk?’ and write to me on doris.greif@jumeirah.com so we can improve service and standards. Your feedback is highly appreciated in advance.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel again; On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was participating a business delegation while staying in Jumeirah.
The experience was absolutely one of my best ever in anywhere!
It's hard to beat any accommodation, facilities and service qualities.
I also could come over to spend some holiday time here.

Room Tip: The higher, the better :-) (at least for the view)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for posting your nice review.

Many thanks for your recommendations; on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is part of a new complex of towers. It is my 2 nd stay. Peronnel is better trained than a year ago. Very much a business hotel, although it has a small beach. The pool is ok and the sea water is unappealing due to the islands that have been built just in front. If you are visiting for business you will enjoy the hotel, if for holidays there are better choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank My-Ooops

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I have noted your valuable comments about our beach, pool and sea water. Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate your feedbacks.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spent three days here March 2013. Exquisite contemporary hotel. This lavish Hotel has its own car tunnel entrance to save you stopping at the traffic lights, and it just gets better when you arrive. The stonework on every wall, including the elevators is like a piece of art.
I can't believe the quality of all the staff. Bella always said hello to me by name. How did she do that? Maybe ESP. I have never experienced the level of professionalism anywhere else. When the airline forgot to send me my Limo, Fahid the concierge manager was even more worried than I, and organised a complimentary Limo from the Emirates Palace across the road. This Hotel has written the rule book for all other Hotels to follow. The room service delivery was so theatrical that no other caesar salad will ever compare. Oh, allow a few hours to enjoy the buffet breakfast, so much food, and so little time. Naturally the rooms were stunning....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Klattu_11
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers! Thank you for taking the time to post your great review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the hotel service and breakfast buffet at Rosewater Restaurant. We have conveyed your compliments to Bella and Fahd; they are very happy to have their efforts appreciated.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed in Jumeirah at Etihad Towers for the last couple of days and my experience here has been nothing but absolutely marbles.The executive lounge is fabulous and the staff are extremely helpful.The food in Scott's of London is out of this world and lobby hangout is welcoming to extent you don't want to leave.Last but not least The Avenue -shopping mall- is attached to the hotel with most lovable luxury brands and a great variety of selection.

Regards,
Hassan Al-Haiky

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Al-Haiky,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers! Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your weekend break with us especially the Club Executive Lounge, Scott’s restaurant and the Avenue at Etihad Towers.

Thank you for your recommendation; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.