“Amazing stay.......”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise, both to celebrate our anniversary and to spend Christmas here.

We arrived quite late in the evening, check-in was very smooth and we were escorted to our room and all amenities explained to us. The room was huge and stunning on the 43rd floor. There were lots of welcoming and happy anniversary gifts in the room which bought tears to my eyes, so so kind!

Housekeeping was exceptional, always spotlessly clean, nothing could be faulted here.

Xmas Eve a group fo kids were playing in the corridors and running along ringing the room bells and kicking doors. I mentioned this to the front desk as we went for dinner. Later that evening when we were in bed, the same thing happened. I rang down and was told they would get it stopped. The Duty Manager rang to apologise and it was stopped immediately. We were then sent a bottle of wine and a card to apologise, which was totally unexpected, so I thanked the manager for his kindness.

On Xmas day I injured my toe (ripped the nail off whilst moving a sun lounger), the staff looked after me and every day after they asked me how my foot was and whether it needed re-dressed.

We ate in the Rosewater Restaurant on Xmas Day, unbelieveable food! Service was a bit slow, but it was very busy.

Ate in various restaurants and went for a drink to the poolside bar every evening (only bar that allows kids), and again, the staff were brilliant and the food great.

I cannot find any fault in this hotel, I have stayed all over the world in 5 star properties and this hotel would be hard to beat. The staff are exceptional and cannot do enough to help. The hotel is immaculate and simply stunning in design. The location is brilliant, you can walk to The Emirates Palace and Marina Mall.

Room Tip: Choose a high room as they have amazing views.....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SGMANN
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for the great review. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have conveyed your compliments to the entire team. I am also very happy to know that our colleagues handled the situation with noise in the corridor; my apologies for the inconvenience. I am sorry to hear about your toe; I hope that you have now made full recovery.

It was a pleasure looking after you; I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm Regards

Doris Greif

Write a ReviewReviews (3,421)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my second stay at JEtihad Towers and doesn't get worse at all! From the arrival experience to a quick efficient check in in one of the most beautiful room with staining view of city, to a special dinning in Japanese Restaurant with very attentive, polite and motivated staff, great ambiance, outstanding decor, Operators did an excellent job at all the time, using my name and on departure they asked me very useful questions about my bags and if I had my valet ticket to prepare my car downstairs. Dinning experience at Rosewater restaurant was very pleasant as well, Manager Rahul was on top of each guest arrival, attentive to my husband need to smoke and assigned one more colleague to monitor if he needs help with anything. It was very windy outside so terrace was closed however the staff explained to each and every guest the reason of closed balcony. The variety of food was much nicer than previous visit in September, you added some Asia station with soups and noodles. I enjoyed housekeeping service, the cleanses of the room was 100 % and amenities for my 5th Anniversary was ready upon arrival. Arabic Front Office Team Leader (I forgot his name) who called me back and clarified what arrangements I would like to do for my celebration. It was a really good touch and everything was ready on arrival !!! All my requests were met, high floor, special set up, smoking room!!!! I adore the hotel and staff, would be traveling back to Abu Dhabi and recommending it to all my friends!!!! Keep it up!!!!

Room Tip: Both sides are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the lovely review.

Congratulations on your 5th wedding anniversary; I have conveyed your compliments on to the entire team that made it memorable especially Rahul in Rosewater. Many thanks for your kind comments about your service; it is indeed very motivating to see our efforts being recognized.

It was a pleasure looking after you again. I, along with the entire team look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Is this the best hotel I or my wife have stayed in - we both agree it is. I travel extensively for business and I stayed in many hotels through out the world. I always stay in the exec lounge's of hotels so I expect the best. The Jumeirah delivers on every count. The 52nd floor king rooms and beds are so comfortable. The views are terrific. The bathroom area is superb and for those who TV nuts - all the channels you would want - all without fuzzy channels. Oh! yes I cannot forget the electric curtains. The lounge is wonderful but can get hot when the sun hits in the morning. The staff are caring and more than willing to serve - with a smile and at times a laugh. The food and drinks are excellent. The chef makes the best homous - YUM. A great atmosphere. I could go on about this place forever - but rest assured you will have to travel along way before you find anything better. We intend to go back to Abu Dhabi and it will be back to the Jumeirah.

Room Tip: Simply the best exec lounge and room experience - try it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ausman57

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay; especially our Club Executive Lounge facilities and it is my pleasure to convey your compliments on to all teams that made your stay memorable.

Many thanks for the recommendation; on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had a nice stay at the Etihad Towers although very expensive, but think that is just Abu Dhabi in general and the fact that you're staying in a 5 star hotel the prices go up even more. Lovely rooms, all new and clean. Great maid service, keep the rooms immaculate and fresh towels every day. Would recommend this hotel if you're planning a trip to Abu Dhabi but bring lots of money with you to enjoy it to the full, you will need it!

A couple of points I would like to add to hopefully be sorted for next guests that are going to stay here -

- the lifts are surprisingly slow and considering there are 6 lifts only 1 seems to work at any 1 time meaning that you will stop at a lot of floors if people are waiting.

- we noticed an added charge/tip on our bill which we did not authorise. When we questioned it upon check out we were told that this is quite normal!! No apology or nothing, the fact that they took the charge off seemed enough for them. Especially a bad attitude from the duty manager, Michael, who seemed like he had heard this complaint a million times before and wasn't even listening to me.

- ordered an orange juice by the pool which arrived warm so when asked for some ice the server went over to a bin full of ice and bottles of water which at the time people were putting their hands in and filled the glass up with ice. Still not sure if this was just laziness or normal for him but I have never seen anything more unhygenic and so unexpected for such a hotel. When we questioned him and returned it he didnt seem to think he did anything wrong which is more of a worry.

Overall a good stay, though after eating/drinking in 3 of the restaurants/bars at this hotel I would say Vasco's at the Hilton wins on both ambience and food everytime, only a 10 min walk away and a lot cheaper to too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KTG2009
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review.

I am pleased to know that you largely enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay; I have personally investigated your constructive comments. The charge on your bill was caused due to a human error because one of our colleagues entered the figure in the wrong field- please let me assure you that this is not a normal occurrence and again I offer you my profuse apologies. I also understand that this was corrected on your bill.

We have also looked into your constructive comment about ice handling at the pool; again this is not our normal standard as we follow international food hygiene standards which includes training all food handlers and the ice that we serve our guests comes straight from the ice maker which uses potable water and a sanitized scoop to collect the ice. We however have dealt with this infringement of our hygiene standards and are taking strict and immediate corrective action to ensure this is not repeated. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Once more, many thanks for your constructive comments. We take all guest feedback very seriously as this is obviously the only way in which we can improve our services to our guests.

It was a pleasure looking after you; on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and had the best traitement ever, beautiful property with great location. Everthing was perfect from the moment of check-in till the check-out. Service is outstanding, the food is amazing and the team is so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors having a superb view from all corners
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for the wonderful review. It is my pleasure to share your kind comments with the entire team; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been recognized.

It was a pleasure looking after you; we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I and my wife stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. I attended a conference arranged by the company I'm working for. The conference arrangements was excellent. My wife enjoyed the hotel to the most. The hotel staff are extremely amazing, helpful, cheerful...etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your kind comments with all colleagues especially the Conference and Events team; it is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

It was a pleasure looking after you; we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and had the grand deluxe room.

unfortunately a very good property turned to be a very bad experience due to bad decision makers at the hotel from the management of this hotel

the hotel had the air condition issue during our stay and nobody even bothered to inform us when we checked in that the hotel is facing a malfunction in their A/C system!

In the evening the room got warm and couldn't have a good sleep and when we called the operator they informed us that the whole hotel has no A/C and they are working on it to fix this issue and it might take and hour which is not true as we have checked out around 1:30pm and still the A/C not fixed !!

When i checked out the front desk manager informed me that they had this issue before our checking in time and the lady who checked us in should have informed us but she didn't bother to tell us !!!

A weekend ruined due to bad communications from the hotel staff/front desk and management...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dubai976
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. We had planned maintenance for our AC system which would result in limited air-conditioning cooling capacity for a short period of time. We had arranged for all guests to be informed however it was not done with you and I am, again, very sorry for the inconvenience. This is not our usual standard and we have re-engineered our processes to ensure this is not repeated.

We would like to invite you back to the hotel for a meal; please contact me directly on doris.greif@jumeirah.com. On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Sincerely Yours