“quality of service is average”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 12, 2014

staying from Saturday 8 till Friday 14 feb. 2014
at checking in, I requested a non-smoking room and a different view from last time when I stayed at sofitel in December, the receptionist told me that you only has twin bed available, but will change room next day to single bed, They did not bother next day to check with me nor to change the room, so I am still in twin bed.

The corniche restaurant where they serve buffet meals, serves same food every day, no taste and no flavor, even the dishes are located in the same spot daily. The waiters are not professional, you have to call them to remove empty plates and get you water, they make you feel not welcomed as if you are a burden on them. last night i went for dinner at 10:30, they close at 11:00, so the waitress said you have only 30 minutes to finish your dinner you are late, I said OK, after a while another waiter came to me and told me that they will close in 10 minutes, the restaurant was having more that 20-30 guests, who were still at the salad bar.

today I had to wait more than 10 minutes at lunch to get a bottle of water, but when he brought it, supposed to be sparkling water, it was regular water in the bottle of sparkling water, and was looking rudely when requested to change it.

Room Tip: no side rooms, only rooms on the front
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mahmoud50
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our ambassadors team at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey your comments about your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Nael El Wary

Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Came for the dinner buffet the food was great very tasty and well prepared. The service was good but what made it great was Kevin one of the waiters knew his service lingo to the 'T' and knew house wine which was being served. Will defo come back not only for the tasty food but also for the great friendly warm customer service from Kevin. Thanks Kevin.

2  Thank Dwight471
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are extremely glad to know that your experience at the hotel was truly magnifique and that you enjoyed the services offered at the hotel.

Your comments will be shared with everyone especially to Kevin as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is well located on the eastern end of the Corniche, close to most things. It is a modern hotel with excellent well appointed rooms. We had a room on the 21st floor that had a very comfy bed an excellent bathroom. Their rain shower was superb and one of the best showers I have used.
The thing that really set the hotel apart is the excellent staff that are very welcoming. The front desk greeted us very well and got us to our room very quickly. All front of house staff, room service etc., were some of the best I have met. The rose petals in the bath and small cake (it was our anniversary) was that extra little touch that makes this hotel stand out. Special mention must go to Shailesh in the business lounge who was the perfect host. Breakfast and snacks in the lounge were faultless.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a package with the business lounge included. Well worth it
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your time in Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Rest assured that we will share all the feedback with our management and team especially to Shailesh. Such feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wonderful experience always! My family and I had the pleasure of staying here for the second time. Everything was superb-rooms, service, staff, and restaurants. Definitely where I will be staying next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nehad A
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your kind compliments about your stay in SOFITEL Abu Dhabi Corniche.

I’m glad that majority of your visit was excellent. We all share customer feedback with the management team and employees, who work hard to ensure that all our customers enjoy the experience we offer.

Thank you for your support and I hope to see you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had a great stay in February. 3 Nights booked via booking platform. Got luxory Upgrade offered upon checkin which we took (it included breakfast, small lunch and small Dinner etc). The staff really made us feel welcome there.

All in all it was just a perfect stay. I will definately come back and would everyone recommend a stay at sofitel abu dhabi.

1  Thank Andi P
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel during your last visit to Abu Dhabi and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also thank you for giving a positive review of our hotel. We all share customer feedback with the management team and employees, who work hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy the experience we offer.

We are delighted that you will recommend the hotel. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Nael El Wary

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had brunch in the Sofitel Abu Dhabi corniche location. Loved it. Was greeted by a lovely young lady named Rafaela who graciously allowed us to choose our final seating destination. Very nice way to start the day. Then we were attentively waited on by a young man named Jones. My compliments to the HR dept. For hiring these two individuals. Jones provided great customer service and Rafaela was all smiles. Thank you all for a great dining experience.
I will definitely be back. And I will looking for both Rafaela and Jones. :-)
Respectfully,

Dr. Fred

2  Thank Fconde007

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

Rest assured that we will share all the feedback with our management and team especially to Rafaella and Jones. Such kind of feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I just visited Abu Dhabi and stayed in Sofitel. This was my first experience of the french Sofitel hotel and it turned out to be absolutely amazing. I stayed here for 2 nights and was regretting not staying here longer. While booking my husband had mentioned that it was our anniversay trip, thus, the hotel staff greated us on arrival plus gave us a beautiful sea facing room. They also sent us a yummy complementary cake. The room was modern with a beautiful bathroom. The hotel also has a free shuttle pickup and drop to Marina mall and the Ferrari world which is an added advantage. The breakfast is really lavish and we loved the french pastries at all the meals. The staff was really warm and polite. Loved the stay in the hotel. Recommended for all going to Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Sea facing room with acess to executive club and breakfast buffet is superb.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Punya88

Dear Valued Guest,

It warms my heart to know that the team's hard work is appreciated. Your comments will be shared with everyone as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them. We are delighted to know that you will recommend SOFITEL.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again!