“Would definitely stay there again!”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Luxurious hotel, breakfast was fantastic, staff were friendly and the bathroom in the room was awesome! One downside to the room was no balcony i.e. not allowed to access it even though there was one there.Dining in the hotel was extremely expensive but the quality was of a very good standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel and our facilities. Rest assured that I will share your comments with the team, as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them. I hope that you will try our other restaurants on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic, luxurious hotel. Very friendly staff. No problems with check-in or check-out. All facilities great. Excellent fast free wi-fi. Free business centre. Marvelous swimming pool
Free shuttle to Marina Mall.
Breakfast great, but too expensive (Dhs 112/person).
Construction outside, so view not always good depending on room position.
A bit far from the central corniche.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J J
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our Ambassadors, it is good to know that you liked the facilities and the service. I hope that you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is an amazing hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive. They also knew it was our honeymoon and sent us a special cake to welcome us to the hotel which made us feel very special. The buffet in the hotel lobby is also incredible.

My only criticism would be the costs of eating and drinking at the hotel which are extremely high. However, I think this is standard in most hotels in Abu Dhabi

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us! I am glad to know that you had a great time and that our Ambassadors made your stay extra special. I hope that on your next visit, you'll visit the other restaurants at the hotel or the So Spa for treatments.

I appreciate your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Great service,great room,really easy to drive to and find and a fantastic breakfast. The only small point is that the pool is surrounded by buildings so sun isn't great but you do get some. Will be going again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GolyDubai
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Triipadvisor!

I am glad that you liked the hotel and the rooms. Apologies that you didn't like our pool, we do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the beach if you want to get some sun.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a week end to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The room (2106) was a corner was so quiet big, actually really big. The room is beautifully decorated and has a great view on the sea. The bathroom is beautiful and I love the sound system which allows you to hear the TV when under the shower:-) The breakfast was excellent (more like a brunch) and had plenty of food variety. The pool was also pleasant and unlike other reviews: I did not really find it small (or maybe because I was already prepared). The staff is very polite and professional but what I found really frustrating is how rigid the staff is about check in and check out: 3pm and out at 12. We were allowed only a free late check out till 2pm which is really not late by any standards! We ended up staying till 7pm and paying 50% of the daily rate.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It is an honor for you to spend your anniversary at Sofitel, I am glad that you had an enjoyable time with us on such special occasion. Rest assured that your comments will be shared by the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for three nights 23/24/25 August. On arrival we were greeted with a cold mango drink while we checked in. Check in did not go as smooth as I thought it would. We were advised that our rooms were not available but if we wanted to pay for an early check in (£60) per room then there were some rooms available. We declined this offer. We had booked three rooms via Expedia uk with access to the club lounge, although the check in staff said we had only booked three rooms on B&B basis. Finally after checking our reservation the check in desk said they would honour the booking and informed us that one room was available to use straight away and we could go and access the club lounge
to have breakfast whilst the other two rooms were being prepared. The staff in the club lounge couldn't have been more helpful. Whatever time of day or night we accessed the club lounge the staff were always polite and courteous.

The swimming pool had very little sun in the morning as it is surrounded by high rise buildings. The hotel does not have its own beach but has a complimentary shuttle bus to the beach and marina mall. When you book the shuttle bus to the beach with the concierge, you are given a beach bag with towels and tickets to enter the public beach. I was surprised to have to pay for sunbeds and parasols at the beach!

Apart from the pool not getting any sun until late in the afternoon I enjoyed my stay and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kerryjack01
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if there was a misunderstanding at the beginning of your stay, but I am glad that our Ambassadors were able to resolve it. I will share your comments with the Club Millesime team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked the trip for me, my wife & young boy who is nearly 3. My sister in law & niece also joined us. We got an upgrade upon arrival as we wanted an interconnecting room. Staff were always very polite, courteous & helpful.

The bad:

There was some persistent problems, which were eventually resolved.

They were, the drain in the shower was slightly blocked, as was the toilet. The basin plughole did not block the water properly from draining away. I was told on a daily basis that the engineer had come & resolved the issues. I had a letter & flowers as way of an apology for the inconvenience. Though the problems were not resolved, they continued for another 2 days. I told the duty manager, that rather than dedicate the time to writing apologies & sending flowers, they simply needed to check that the work was carried out to a satisfactory standard.

The work was finally carried out to a satisfactory standard, so we were pleased. On close examination though, the person carrying out the work did not clear up any debris, which was pointed out again to the duty manager in person, who again, was apologetic. Upon which I stated that the work should have simply been checked, & this issue would not have arised.

The above was made right by the hotel offering me use of the executive lounge for the last 2 days of our stay (6 nights) & luxury transportation to the airport.

The good things, an all round excellent hotel, excellent facilities & location. Staff were very attentive, & no pressure for tips etc.

Rooms are spacious with excellent facilities.

Good breakfast buffet with excellent variety to cater for all tastes.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms 2408 & 2409 are interconnecting
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sunil K
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is very important to us, we appreciate your constructive comments about your experience and our response time. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay, rest assured that we are already taking the appropriate measures to ensure that it does not happen again.

I hope that you will give us another chance and I look forward to welcoming you back!