“Fantastic”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week. Service, rooms great. All the staff from the concierge to all restaurant staff were super efficient and helpful. Any requests were promptly death with. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank HPDem
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your the kind words that you wrote about the hotel and our Ambassadors. It is good to know that our Ambassadors' hard work is being recognized! Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

An Accor traveler
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank An Accor traveler
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I only came to this Sofitel for dinner on a special 2 for 1 offer. The dinner buffet was below standard compared to other hotels in the city. The taste and food selection was surprisingly not as expected for such a strong brand. The deserts were especially unappealing. Importantly, the host was unfriendly. I don't recommend people living in Abu Dhabi to visit this Sofitel for dinner. In my opinion, it is not a good value. You might want to try the Shangrila or Beach Rotana instead. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our ambassadors team at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey your comments about your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just got back from Abu Dhabi where we stayed in this great hotel. The hotel was simple, clean, rooms aren't that big but the best part of this hotel was their customer service. From the valet, reception, concierge, the housekeeping, and the staff at the breakfast buffet, everyone was just friendly, helpful and polite. This reflects a lot on how this hotel is managed. Well done!

There was a great variety of food in the breakfast buffet although they have about four or five kinds cheeses served only. They didn't have my favorite mozzarella balls! Hey but can't fault them with this - the lady staff at the buffet even apologized for for not having it but it was not really a big deal at all! Anyway, yeah so they gave very good service at the buffet, even the chefs interact very nicely with the guests and gave very personalized service. And yeah the french toast was sooo good!

The staff were very prompt in responding to us whenever we needed any information or extras in our room. We did not really get around the hotel, just the pool area and the lobby. I hope the pool was bigger but it was good anyway, water was cool.

Overall it was a great experience with Sofitel.

Room Tip: Ask them to book you a room with the corniche view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am really glad that you liked the hotel and the restaurant. I am grateful for the kind words that you wrote about our Ambassadors, I will share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement. I hope that you try our other restaurants on your next visit.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel which offered us real 5 star service. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Paul the manager was extremely nice and helpful. Room was perfect, modern, well designed, comfortable and nice sea view on the corniche. Nice Gym, my wife enjoyed the spa and we had great food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will definitely book again at Sofitel Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronchoucair C
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel, our decor, and the service. I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about our Ambassadors, rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice Sofitel - lovely rooms and reasonable service (staff are pleasant but didn't go "the extra mile"). A great deal is restricted in this hotel during Ramadan - only one pool open, executive lounge only open for a few hours in the evening, jacuzzi closed, bar closed etc. Exec lounge is very stylish.

• Stayed: July 2013
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your comments about the hotel and our Ambassadors.. There really is a lot of restrictions in the Middle East during Ramadan. I hope that you'll get the chance to visit when everything is back to normal.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Together with my colleagues at Dhahra Sport Club (Libya), It was my first time to visit UAE. We had spent a very nice time at Sofitel AD Corniche. Thanks to all Sofitel staff, April, Maria, Tawfik, Mohammed & Izas who were very kind with us. I decided to visit the city next time with my family.
Except the internet every think was perfect specially the hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are OK but be careful of smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked our hotel, I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about our Ambassadors. Rest assured that I will share your comments with the team to serve as encouragement.

I hope to see you again, I look forward to your next visit!