“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Abu Dhabi appears to have a very good selection of high end properties offering reasonable rates. We selected the Sofitel as we would receive Elite Status benefits including a room upgrade and because they offered a very competitive pre paid rate with Club Millesime access.

Upon arrival, I was therefore disappointed that we did not receive a room upgrade. I was told that because we had requested twin beds, we had received the highest category of twin bed room available. The room itself was nice, although the twins were standard singles. However, the room was incredibly warm despite the air con being on. It was also an adjoining room (which is my hotel nightmare). The following day I raised this with the Club Millesime reception and at this point the Sofitel experience sprang into action. Within about an hour, we were in a new room. A one bed suite with views over the Corniche and a second bed provided in the living room. Although it was a short stay the change of room was certainly worth it and made up for the initial disappointment.

The Club Millesime was very good and particular thanks to Devendra and especially to Pamela who arranged our room change with minimum fuss and with lightning efficiency. Breakfast at the club lounge was good, as was the lunch service. However, the evening canopes were limited and there is scope for improvement here.

The hotel has a good pool. A nice size that was big enough to allow swimmers and those who just wanted to cool off to enjoy the pool at the same time. As other reviewers have commented, the pool does not get sun all day long but the water is warm and my personal preference would be to swim in the shade rather than direct sunlight and 38 degrees heat. The pool area can get a bit smokey with people smoking around the pool and guests enjoying Shisha in the bar area. As a non smoker I found this slightly unpleasant but that’s a personal thing. I generally used the pool first thing in the morning when it was quiet, which was perfect for me.

For the price paid we received excellent value. It’s a very good hotel in a good location with an excellent staff who really make this hotel stand out.

Room Tip: Try for a a sea view and suites are nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

I sincerely apologize if you did not receive 5 star treatment upon your arrival, as a luxury hotel, this is not the service that we want our guests to receive. Rest assured that this will not happen again on your next. visit. I am glad that our Ambassadors at the Club Millesime was able to rectify the situation.

On another note, I see that you've enjoyed our pool area. I hope that on your next stay, you will be able to try our restaurants and the spa.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very well managed hotel. Definitely 5 star status compared to other hotels in Abu Dhabi ie Hilton, Sheraton, Intercontinental which are clearly of a lower standard. Restaurants are of a high standard especially the Corniche All Day Dining restaurant which is managed diligently with food of an exceptional standard.

• Stayed April 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I really appreciate all the kind words you wrote about the hotel and the restaurant. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team to serve as encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Thank you for your support and I hope to see you again!

California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

From the Bonjour greeting when you approach the Reception Desk, you are about to experience outstanding service. A damp towel to refresh your face and a sip of juice that is offered by the service staff, you are aware that you are about to experience a magnifique stay. Outstanding service staff and spacious, well-resoursed rooms greet you upon entry. The corniche is but a sub-street walkway away. It is a lovely stroll along the beachfront. The breakfast buffet is an incredible offering of foods. The French press coffee (what else) is a wonderful complement to your breakfast. Enjoy the stay! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the upper floors that overlook the corniche for sweeping vistas.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am very glad that you liked the hotel and our facilities and amenities. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to the beach and Marina Mall if you don't feel like walking. I hope that on your next visit, you'll be able to try our in house restaurants. We have a lot of promotions coming up!

I appreciate your support and I hope to see you soon!

Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel was extremely clean, comfortable, modern, and the service was amazing. Everything about this hotel was great..the only downside was that there wasn't much to do in the area of the hotel (just have to take a quick taxi to a busier area). However, the hotel also has a complimentary shuttle everyday that goes to the Marina mall, beach, ferrari world, and Yas Waterworld.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. I am glad that you liked the hotel, our amenities and facilities. Our location is close to a lot of tourist attractions, and we also provide a complimentary shuttle to the beach and Marina Mall.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Attentive staff and proactive management. I had one complain which was handled immediately. Perfectly located for what I needed.

PS - Laundry is quite expensive; psss!!! I opted for a stand-alone dry-cleaner round the corner.

PPS - The crisps and nuts in the mini-bar will set you back a small fortune (although they are quite tasty)

Room Tip: Don't take any frustration out on the support staff... Save it for management. ;-)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect. As a luxury hotel, that is not what we want our guests to experience. I assure you that on your next visit, the same issue will not happen again.

I hope that you give us a chance to serve you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The moment we arrived at the concierge to inquire about the location of the restaurant where we reserved dinner with my family, we were greeted with a smile.. the restaurant supervisor is so friendly and the waiter serving us was so nice and courteous... over-all our dinner was so relaxing and the buffet was so sumptuous..and to top it all the waiters sang and brought out a complementary birthday cake for my niece..what an experience.!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 19, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and the restaurant. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, especially about our Ambassadors. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the rest of the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you for your support and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed me and my family for three nights it was the best. Spacious living roomand bedroom, great shower and bath tub experience and there are more entertainment in the room such as dvd players ipod iphone bose docks 40 inch tv and the best was their kindness and hospitality and best room services. Thank You for a wonderful stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate the time you spent in telling me about your stay with us. I am glad that you liked the hotel and the rooms and you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope that on your next trip, you will try our in-house restaurants and spa.

I am grateful for your support and I hope to see you again!