“Thank you”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
abudhabi
“Thank you”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Today I had my lunch at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and I was so excited because the hotel was amazing more than my expectation , the servise was excellent and the food so delicious and tasty . Many thanks to all the staff who are working there , they are very helpful , smily and cooperative people . Special thanks to Chef Mohammed Okla who prepared for me my favorite dish .
Wish you all the best ,
Madam Alkhateeb.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Madame Alkhateeb,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed lunch at the Corniche. I hope that on your next visit, you will visit our spa and our other restauraunts. Our award winning restaurant, La Mer is a must try and our Thai restaurant, Silk & Spice will definitely be a treat!

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 2, 2013

During my business trip I have great experience of Sofitel and I really enjoyed breakfast & lunch, your restaurant team work were excellent,I stay 2 weeks all days felt new welcome, also I want to say heartfelt thank of your assistant restaurant manager, aftab khan & Manto they are real professional & performing excellent job, specially I have seen consistency & great coordination. Rooms & services was super & handling by mr. Malik. I appreciated Sofitel you are amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and our Ambassadors. I am glad that you liked Corniche and the buffet.

I hope that on your next visit, you will take advantage of the complimentary shuttle to the beach and Marina Mall or have our Concierge arrange for a tour.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We eventually arrived at this one year old property when our taxi driver finally discovered it's location. The reception area, rooms and fittings are fabulous. The welcome from the staff was warm, professional and in line with our expectations having read previous reviews of this hotel. Fruit juice was offered whilst we checked in, and we were guided to our room by one of the hotel staff, who explained how to use the lift, unlock doors etc. by using the electronic key. From a practical viewpoint the hotel cannot be faulted.

Our reservations about this hotel are around functionality. Sofitel pride their reputation on their beds - I'm afraid we didn't find them special. The hotel says it has three bars, yes it does, but only two appeared to sell alcoholic beverages, the pool bar which only had bottled goods, and the main hotel bar, Jazz &Fizz, which didn't open to 18.00 and during our stay had no draught beer to offer. Thankfully, there's a Sheraton across the road which has a happy hour from 12.00 to 20.00 each day and a great value food menu.

The food offerings in the various outlets seemed relatively limited also. The same menu appeared to be a theme across the pool bar, Jazz &Fiz and room service, albeit with minor variations.

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel, but were disappointed by the apparent lack of choice. We were also disappointed that housekeeping tried to clean our room at 09.00 on a Sunday morning and we had to invite them back later once we were up and about. Would we stay again? Probably not.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sillingworth
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our Ambassadors at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, we wish to thank you for taking the time to convey your comments about your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had an amazing stay. Very stylish and luxurious hotel. Elegant and comfortable standard room with chic design of the bathroom. The staff is polite and attentive. The team at the pool lounge is fantastic. Great culinary offerings. Our dinner at the Thai restaurant was very delicious, can't wait to go again. The fruit selection for breakfast is rich as well as the variety of other dishes from around the world. The location of the hotel is very convenient and with easy reach to many main attractions in the city as well as the public beach. Thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The hotel is new and beautiful. The rooms have MyBed concept so you will have the most relaxing slee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked the hotel, the design and the guestrooms. It's a pleasure to know that you've had a great visit.

I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors as we strive to provide consistent quality service to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again!

Dubai
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent hotel, very modern, with good amenities and excellent location for Corniche, downtown Abu Dhabi and a short 15-20 minute ride to Yas Island. The only thing that let it down was the slow service at breakfast and it took at least 15 minutes and approaches to around 5 staff to finally get a cup of tea.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked the hotel, its location and our amenities.

I sincerely apologize if your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are already taking the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again.

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It has a strategic location in Abu Dhabi. have a nice and comfortable rooms, fantastic food menu and the staff are very polite so in this place I feel comfortable because their services (especially for Indonesian workers who work there .. thanks to Mr. David and his friends).

Room Tip: If possible select a room number XX01 - XX06 it is a nice room, direct view of the sea
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I appreciate your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you liked our rooms, our restaurant and our cuisine.

I will definitely share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to David and his colleagues at Corniche.

I hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Is there a single flaw in this beautiful place? The hotel itself is unbelievably exquisite, with an understated yet flawless decor. The staff could not possibly be more accommodating and friendly, and will happily do anything they can to make your stay perfect. The food is wonderful and they can make even the simplest things feel like a delicacy! The rooms are fabulous and will make you feel as if you're as posh as could be. After staying here you'll wonder how you ever enjoyed a stay anywhere else! If there's any way at all for you to stay here, you absolutely must! Its truly an unforgettable experience. I'm staying here at the moment and I could go on for days about how much I love this hotel. One of the few 5 star hotels that really is worth every single penny, or more realistically, dirham! The absolute best!

• Stayed April 2013
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad that you are liking the hotel so far, I appreciate all your kind words about the restaurant and our Ambassadors. I hope that you visit So Spa, Silk & Spice, La Mer and our other restaurants while you are still here.

I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them as we strive to provide consistent quality service to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you at the hotel!