“Fantastic Location, great facilities and lovely staff.”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic Location, great facilities and lovely staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am presently staying in this hotel with my wife and I have to say it is a fantastic experience. It is situated beside the Corniche, which is a beautiful walk right beside the sea. The hotel itself is relatively new, but the staff have settled in really well and are very friendly, respectfull and always on hand and willing to help. The rooms are really lovely and the bed very comfortable. You get room service three times per day or more if you want it, and each room has a fridge and coffee and tea making facilities. The hotel has a lovely gym with the sauna, steam room for both ladies and gents and they are of the highest standard. The outdoor pool is big and welcoming, the only disadvantage is that it only gets the sun directly on it for about two hours per day in late afternoon, because it is surrounded by high buildings. This can be an advantage when the real hot weather comes. In compensation the hotel runs a bus service to the public beeches and also pays for the entrance fee, this service also goes to one of the biggest shopping centres in Abu Dhabi, and its free. There are three bars and restuarants and the prices are reasonable.

To sum up, if you are looking for real genuine welcome and one of the best locations in Abu Dhabi to stay, then you have to try this place

Room Tip: always request a room with a sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John F
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and amenities.

The complimentary shuttle to the beaches is highly recommended, I hope that you will take advantage of this on your next visit with us.

I will share your comments with the team as I'm sure that this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Muscat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Sofitel on the Corniche is presently a year into operation and is definitely a good choice for those wanting to do business or enjoy a weekend city break in Abu Dhabi. It’s not so hot a location perhaps for those seeking a sun-drenched resort holiday, as the podium pool is pretty much completely surrounded by skyscrapers and there’s no beach (though I was told that there is a shuttle service to one). The F&B options are also a little thin on the ground, but this is not too much of a problem given the choice of restaurants and cafes available either within walking distance or after a short taxi ride.

Given the utterly random layout of Abu Dhabi, the location of the Sofitel is about a 'central' as you could hope for. I drove there from Muscat, but I’d hazard a guess that you’d be looking at about a thirty-minute journey from the airport. As I mentioned, there are lots of facilities in the area and consequentially there’s good access to several malls and many offices. An underpass right outside the building takes you right to the Corniche footpath, if you fancy a stroll or a jog.

The rooms are well equipped, of a standard size and the views aren’t too bad. The bathrooms are very nice and, as with the mini bar, generously stocked. I’d give top marks as well for cleanliness throughout the entire hotel and the bed was especially comfortable, even for a five-star.

I have also to commend the staff on their efficiency and friendliness. Checking in and out was prompt and valet parking, bag delivery and house-keeping requests were dealt with equally swiftly and always with a smile.

The only disappointment for me was the way in which the designers played it completely safe with the décor. There are literally no other colours in the hotel except for black, white and beige, with meaningless white floral motifs thrown into black lacquer at every opportunity. Consequently the hotel does feel a bit cold and sterile.

Otherwise, I have no complaints and would say the Sofitel’s definitely worth serious consideration.

Room Tip: Having been around the back of the hotel, sea-facing is definitely the best option.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, I am glad that our Ambassadors made your stay comfortable and that you liked the room and its amenities.

The shuttle option is highly recommended, I hope you will take advantage of this on your next visit with us. Otherwise, our Concierge Team can recommend other alternatives for you. Your feedback is very important to us, I sincerely apologize if our decor made you uncomfortable during your stay.

Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tempted by a special offer, my daughter and I spent two blissful evenings sleeping soundly in the gloriously comfortable beds in this great hotel. The location is very convenient, being on the Corniche, the staff extremely well trained, smart, refreshingly helpful and happy. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The only slight problem was the absence of a quick eating venue. Room service seemed the obvious solution but it was slow and they were unable to offer the full menu. Highly recommend this one and am considering paying a visit just to relax in the hotel for a weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gillian R
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am pleased to know that our Ambassadors made your stay comfortable and that you enjoyed our rooms.

Your feedback is important to us, your comments about Room Service have been well noted and being addressed by the management. The next time you visit us, I hope that you take advantage of the free shuttle going to Corniche Beach and Marina Mall.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is brand new.The lobby is nice and the staff are brilliant.The view would probably be fantastic when the construction around the hotel is completed.
The bed was comfortable and the open plan bathroom adds space and luxury look to the room.
We had an evening meal at one of its restaurants .The ambiance was great but the food was over priced and was not that good.I had lunch at the hotel as well and I could not eat my Caser salad because it was not edible (tasted really bad ).I did not try the spa.
However I will go back to stay at the hotel but will not eat there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tayseer m
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am sorry that your F&B experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is important to us, I appreciate your comments about our food. Rest assured that our menus are already under review by the management and when our new Executive Chef arrives, there will definitely be some changes made.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice, the rooms are new and neat. The beds are comfortable and bathroom are very luxurious. the staff is very very attentive and helpfull! Beautiful pool and pool bar too! The only thing i didn't like much is the food! The buffet is really impressive (lunch n Breakfast) extremely wide variety but the taste misses and a lot of basic like a variety of cheese and yogurt for breakfast! You have more cooked stuff. Omelet and scrambles are very good also crepes n waffles, all are made freshly when you order them. We also had a diner at the pool restaurant but we were disappointed by the taste too!
As for the business area, the conference rooms are well equipped and very practical. Perfect for business meeting!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jihanedh
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad to know that you like our business facilities, particularly our meeting rooms and business center.

Your feedback is important to us, especially your comments about our buffet. Our menus are currently under review by the management, and changes are already underway as our new Executive Chef will be joining us soon. I hope that we get the chance to try our buffet on your next visit.

Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche 20th > 27th Feb. As many others have commented this is primarily a business hotel. However we used it as our vacation hotel and it work very, very well indeed.
From the moment we stepped through the front doors we were made to feel welcomed and valued customers. Front desk staff was always courteous and polite. Concierge staff were just excellent really very good and some of the best we have observed. Very often staff new our names when passing around the hotel which again made our stay feel very personal. We booked a Prestige suite 16th Floor (1601) which also gave us access to the Club Millesime which I would 100% recommend as excellent value for money. Having this club access became a bigger part of our overall holiday experience than we had anticipated when booking back in Nov 12. The Club Millesime staff were all superb and gave us a wonderful experience. I would like to particularly thank Devendra and Rangana for their courteous and always welcoming smile and conversation with helpful advice and tips.
The hotel offers an excellent shuttle bus service to the beach area with complimentary private beach passes and sun beds. You could always walk to / from the beach along the fantastic corniche, with great views and polite people. The walk to Gate 3 beach takes around 60mins but with so much going on around you it’s a very easy walk.
I would not hesitate to recommend Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche for its beautiful rooms and internal fittings, but most of all its very friendly staff who made this stay a one to truly remember. Well done staff of Sofitel.

Room Tip: Go for a Prestige suite, its a fantastic experience
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Knockout28
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your stay special and that you enjoyed the Prestige Suite and the Club Millesime.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, I will share your comments with our Ambassadors, I am sure this will serve as an encouragement as we continually strive to give quality and consistent 5-star service to our guests.