“Awesome restaurant with great food”

Amerigos Mexican Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #196 of 2,241 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere and great restaurant, well priced. Had beef and prawns fajitas - very tasty and big portion!

8  Thank Hegoats

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Been there many time. My favorite is outside table at the corner so I could see the view of circle building ( al Raha Mal ) u will always listen the air plane each 15 minutes, a bit noise but fine. The nachos are very nice , the beef strips, salmon are very delicious especially serving in hot pan. Little bit wait long time but when the food coming really enjoyAble.

8  Thank 83tia
Reviewed August 2, 2014

One of the few good Mexican restaurants in UAE. Really good food and bar is good as well. All the items on menu are good. My favorite was the tortilla soup, fajita and mexican rice, just tasty. Staff really friendly, they will take care of you well.

8  Thank pg_trip_021
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Americas is excellent for food ... When you get it!

A couple of months ago I have a terrible experience at amerigos. My friends convinced me to go back ..... If only I had stuck to my guns.

Table was reserved three days before by a friend. We arrived and no booking recorded. The manager was the most incompetent individual I have ever come across. No apology, no let me see what I can do, no action. It took a waiter to sort it out.

40 mins after being seated we were asked what we would like to drink.

30 mins later and 4 times of asking we had our menus.

We decided on a main course only. The steak was its usual excellent quality. Habanero as use seems as tho it has been watered down. The tacos were superb.

My overall recommendation .... Avoid. The restaurant is poorly run by an incompetent manager who could manage a drinking party in a brewery. The waiting staff are pleasant, try to help but are so mismanaged it totally affects the customer experience..

I tried to complain to the general manager of the hotel, but I am still waiting for a call back.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

1  Thank goneroaming
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very nich resto with good menu, taste and convenient atmosphere, have to try if you Are here. I am not have Words dislike for this kind of Place.....

2  Thank HeinceD