“Not bad but lacked...zing!”

Amerigos Mexican Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #223 of 2,054 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Not bad but lacked...zing!”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Tried Amerigos this evening. Nice weather so had a table outside, but didn't realise that it's on the flight path for the airport so quite noisy!

Great waiter service - very attentive without being intrusive.

Menu was a little limited - we were a mixed group with one vegetarian (no fish, no meat) and me (wheat and gluten intolerant). The veggie was happy with her choices.

I had forgotten to ring ahead to advise the chef, so was really pleased that he came out of his kitchen to discuss what I could eat on the menu and took it upon himself to make me an alternative starter using corn flour to make little crisps which he piled high with fresh seafood. Very nice and I would have this again as perhaps a larger dish for a main. My main course was an enchilada with meat which was a little bland although very nicely presented.

My friends enjoyed their meal but I was not that convinced that it was particularly authentic nor particularly reliant on Mexican spices. Turns out the main chef is actually Spanish.

Overall, its got a great bar where you can people watch, the menu is pleasant and the prices were not bad.

• Visited March 2011

North Conway, New Hampshire
“Over-Rated, fair food, fair service, good presentation but NOT in the top 3 for Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have seen several reviews in the Abu Dhabi Weekly magazine about how this was the best Mexican Restaurant in Town, so we tried it out. The service was poor, we asked for Guacamole, but were told there was none, but we orded Nachos and Fajitas and there was Guacamole on those plates. The Margaritas were very plain, nothing fancy at all, definately 2nd class. I asked for a salted drink, there was just a faint hint and when I told the waiter he just smirked and said there was salt on the rim ?? The food choices were limited and the tortillas were wafer thin that came with the fajitas. We were not offered chips or salsa, we had to ask for salsa with our meal and it came very late when we were almost finished and it was pretty tastless. I am Mexican and know good mexican food. Where were the beans, the rice, nothing like that came with the meals, just fajitas on the plate, no garnishes except for a swirl of some green cream accross the plate to make it look fancy... So our expectations were not met.

• Visited February 2011
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Impressive food and service!”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I ate at Amerigos recenlty and I must say I was anything but disappointed!
Went for the fresh tuna for starters and tenderloin for main. The tuna was amazingly well prepared and tasteful and the meat tender and juicy as it should be.
Thanks to the Mexican Restaurant Manager for the recommendations!
Quick and attentive service, which made our dinner even more enjoyable.

Definately one of my favourite spots in Abu Dhabi!

• Visited February 2011