“Doesn't live up to it's billing.”
Review of Cafe Arabia

Cafe Arabia
Ranked #82 of 2,108 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Arabia is a cultural venue, with three floors featuring Middle eastern culture, Art, English and Arabic library, open roof top terrace with seasonal events, grills, and The first floor Gallery. Food is freshly made to order ,family style meals, fusion and traditional hand me down recipes from family and friends. Our drinks are all made to order. We have perfect space for both business events and personal events . Cafe floors can be fully reserved for functions, we have a catering department ready to cater for all your events. Casual dinning
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been here a few times. The building, decoration and the whole concept are lovely, with artworks available to buy. However, it's often let down by poor food and service.
On my last visit I ordered Two poached eggs on toast. They arrived on one soggy piece of under cooked toast. I asked for another piece of toast and some ketchup. Neither had arrived by the time our group left. Also salt had already been added. My friend said her scrambled eggs were very salty.
Although our drinks were very nice, overall I think this cafe is overrated.

1  Thank Oodle007
WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Oodle007 :)

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we highly value your feed back.
I apologise on behalf of our team regarding your last visit.

Once in the family always family, that's how we see you, and we would be looking forward to inviting you to experience our newly added Our Village menu which features both Emirati and some very rare dishes coming for first time ever into the Arabian restaurant scene ...

We value you and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Arabia

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Shared an amazing meal in a quaint restaurant surrounded by art. In a country where everything starts to look and taste the same, this is a gem. Mushroom risotto and salmon were out of this world! The only downside is the absence of a wine or liquor menu which would have made this the perfect dining experience. The meals are well-priced, but plan to buy some local art!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

They have two brunches, one in the morning and one from noon on. We wanted to go to the second, but the times on some website seemed to be not up to date, so we were still in the first, coming at 11 a.m.
The drinks were good, but the food wasn't. There was not much choice for the buffet, especially very little warm food. There was nothing special, for what it would be worth to go to a restaurant for. I ordered an omelette (this is included in the price), which was OK, but I explicitely said "no mushrooms" ans guess what was in my omelette...

We went away rather quickly again, and after a while we both felt a little sick. Neither of us had to break up, but anyway.

WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Satia,
First allow me to welcome you to Trip-advisor, the true testimony from travellers.
We are proud that TripAdvisor awarded us with Top Excellence performance, to add to our recent October 2013 Highly Commended Best Cafe in Abu Dhabi by TimeOut, who also selected us to be amongst the TOP SEVEN brunches of the Capital, among the iconic five stars leading Hotels of the world in Abu Dhabi.
We are humbled and owe our success to the support of our community which has no borders.
It's clear from your only two reviews on trip advisor ( one of which was cafe Arabia, the other the hotel you stayed at) that you are new to the Capital, allow me to welcome you to your second home away from home, and I am certain you will find yourself a regular to Cafe Arabia.
I also would like you to know, there is only one brunch, it starts at 11:30 for Dh75 only. What you had was a breakfast buffet, for Dh65 only, including unlimited drinks,hot and cold, live eggs station, a selection of our top home baked selling cakes, pastries, muffins, selection of cereals, yogurt, Asian noodles, Fried rice, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, as well as Arabian, breakfast specialities, and a variety of our signature Fattah, salads, homes, and other dips besides our unique home hand made falafel.... And desserts favourites Om Ali ( Arabian bread pudding, Our cream caramel, rice pudding, Muhalabiya, custard, and of course a selection of tropical fruits.
Our Friday brunch is always daughter after, and bookings are necessary, those who come ,you'll meet them over and over again, as they are regulars ...you will feel the warmth and comfort of a home filled with a community of like minded people, and we are all more than happy to welcome you to all our events which we advertise on our FB page. We wish you a great stay in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Try the mixed grill...you'll thank me! This restaurant is good when eating in, or taking out! The mixed grill is a great choice as it provides the opportunity to try multiple foods all at once! (And it comes with hummus!)

1  Thank Hales216
WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hi, and THANK YOU for your recommendation and your highly appreciated review .
We are very glad you enjoyed our grill, and we are going to be launching new dishes offered for the first time outside a home... and presented in the traditional style , the way our grandparents and great grandparents did.... We would highly appreciate your opinion on our soon to be launched menu, pls send us your name & email by message to our FB page, to receive an invitation.
We hope you continue to enjoy our freshly prepared family-style cooking,
We are all Looking forward to welcome you again,

Aida Mansour

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We spend an Iftar evening at Cafe Arabia. The house was beautifully decorated and the Iftar was amazing! The variety of dishes, the quality and taste of food was just fantastic. The biryani was just one of my numerous favorites.
Aida runs her cafe/restaurant in a very warm and personal way. She is always around to make her guests feel comfortable and welcome at all time.
Thank you Aida for an unforgettable Iftar at your house! Chistian, Ursel and Jubran

1  Thank Christian G