“A very nice place and its like its name” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Arabia

Cafe Arabia
Ranked #105 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Arabia is a cultural venue, with three floors featuring Middle eastern culture, Art, English and Arabic library, open roof top terrace with seasonal events, grills, and The first floor Gallery. Food is freshly made to order ,family style meals, fusion and traditional hand me down recipes from family and friends. Our drinks are all made to order. We have perfect space for both business events and personal events . Cafe floors can be fully reserved for functions, we have a catering department ready to cater for all your events. Casual dinning
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A very nice place and its like its name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend recommend me this place and i thought it was like any other cafe but i was surprised that its not. i really felt that its unique and the service is really Arabic. normally we are trying anything except Arabic and we seek french, Italian or american cafe but i assure you its not like the other.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Maher A
WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Maher,
Thank you for your review, you have nailed it!
The concept of furniture and interiors was to defy the ordinary while remaining comfortable and cosy. New York Times described Cafe Arabia as "high end blend of east meet west, Cafe Arabia encapsulates the future Abu Dhabi " it grows bigger with your support and the support of our beautiful community which seeks independent, different, cultural venue while remaing homely with fresh food cooked homestyle.
Warmest regards,
Aida Mansour
Owner

• Arabic first
“Whimsical and light-hearted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had lunch at this cafe today, and have left with a very good feeling about it. First of all, since it is located in a villa, the owner had created this feeling of "going home to eat lunch", which left me refreshed and happy for going back to work. As soon as I stepped out of taxi and saw the open terrace, decorated with Arabic fixtures, I started smiling - amused and delighted at the collection of pictures, lamps, furniture, pillows, etc. The seating arrangements vary - you could be seating at a dining table and chairs, or at a low table and sofas, or at a round table and armchairs, or on a terrace using patio-type furniture. You can get both the Gulf-region dishes, as well as Italian and American (although why would one order hamburger and fries at an Arabian cafe? well, may be a kid?). The portions are on a smaller side, so I don't think a typical man would feel satisfied with just one plate - may be an appetizer to be split among all would do the trick, though. So, yes, I will definitely go back, and bring my family with me, as I think my kid would enjoy walking around this place, and she definitely enjoy their salmon fillet. Service is very slow, and I just had to ask for drinks, then tell the waiter that we were ready to order, then ask for the bill... but as I had plenty of time for lunch, it did not bother me that much. But I don't recommend going there for lunch, if you don't have much time for it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janet H
WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Janet,
Welcome to your second home in Abu Dhabi,' thank you for your lovely review, & I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit, & I highly appreciate your feedback ! Since you live in Abu Dhabi, we would love to invite you soon to experience our new menu with extensive healthy , freshly made options for lunch and speciality family meals for dinner. This will be directed especially at those with very limited time at lunch, and those who would like to experience a daily dish from Arabia at great value while keeping our high standards intact. Pls do follow us on FB or email us, in order that we send you an invitation for the launch of the " Express Lunch menu " . We look forward to welcoming and serving you many more times to come.
Warmest regards from all of us,
Aida ,
Owner of Cafe Arabia.
“Better than La Brioche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been meeting to find this place for ages to have a coffee when my son is at scouts. Finally got decent directions from my wife, as it's not the easiest place to find. It's almost halfway between 2nd and 24th streets.

The service is a bit slow, and the coffee average, but the cakes are wonderfully and more than make up for any deficiencies

WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Andrew,
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to write your review.
My barista and I shared your review with great amusement! You are right we aren't easy to find... But that's "a hidden geml " as described by The National newspaper ;)
Our Barista, was very excited when he started reading " better than La Brioche" and decided he wants to put it on his facebook, ( he worked for La Brioche before../:) then he declined to do so ...when you mentioned average coffee...!! We both were heart broken , because we are using the finest Italian gold blend, 100/ arabica beans from famous Danesi..!!!
... So may we invite you for a complimentary coffee on your kid's next scouts day !! Pls we insist, as our coffee was earlier described by TimeOut as "The real deal, full bodied coffee" ! And we bow to your compliments on our 100/ all natural ingredients, fresh and daily baked cakes....

Warmest regards,
Aida,
Owner,
Cafe Arabia
“A colossal lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The cafe is actually a villa. A residential villa transformed into a cafe. They didn't really change the layout though.
So you could very well be sitting in a bedroom or a bedroom terrace.

The interior design is nice too. A bit busy but tastefully done.

The food selection is good too. Mixing Arab gulf country cuisine (karak tea for example) with both western and Mediterranean cuisine.

Location is excellent. Its on a main street across a public green area (private ground, so its not a public park).

There's also seeing on the roof (third floor) that's very very nice at night, especially when the weather is cooler.

Like this if you found it beneficial.

All in all the proprietor achieved the laid back lounge ambience she wanted.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear "corruptedsanity" !
I am speechless, you are a top contributor with an outstanding 79 helpful votes for 86 reviews!!!! You nailed it!!! Cafe Arabia is a converted villa with minimal changes to original features, I knocked down all the walls to create open space & invite all the.natural light in, to create roomy, airy & fresh surroundings with natural light. The decor changes constantly as you would change your home decor depending on mood and season /:) . Thank you for your lovely review & for visiting, we hope you continue to support Cafe Arabia & would love to benefit from your extensive experience... Pls do contact me personally for suggestions, ideas you might have...
Warmest regards always,
Aida Mansour,
Owner
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Enjoyable place but service could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice interior and average to good food. We ordered two starters and three main courses but unfortunately everything came at the same time. The service was slow and the staff not very helpful. The coffee machine was out of order and they didn't have the desserts on the menu. Rather expensive compared to other cafes. It's a nice place to try something different but the service should improve.

WithAida, Owner at Cafe Arabia, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Kyptur,
Thank you for enjoying your visit, pity we had an electrical short. We found that our guests are raving about our daily , freshly baked home cakes. Our puddings are home-made fresh, and sometimes we run out of them. We always try and introduce something new, unexpected, and seasonal.... We have many art exhibitions during November, pls stay in touch, Hope to see you soon .