“Amazing experience. Awesome staff”

Al Badeyah Eyes Day Tours (ABET) Desert Safari
Ranked #15 of 80 Tours in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

We chose the overnight Safari package and spent the night in a dome tent outside the camp as there weren't available tents inside. It was an amazing experience sleeping under the stars and setting around the camp fire at night and watching the sunset and sunrise. The staff were extremely friendly and they took care of us in every possible way.

The camp is well equipped, food was good, family oriented atmosphere.

We had to bring our Shisha and smoke it outside the camp as smoking isnt allowed inside.

Overall, it was an up-to the expectations experience.

1  Thank MohammedBarrieh
Matar A, Owner at Al Badeyah Eyes Day Tours (ABET) Desert Safari, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Warm Greetings from Al Badeyah Eyes Tourism!

Thank you for choosing ABET Desert Safari Tours. We are extremely happy to hear your amazing review regarding our company and staff.

We are humbly proud that you enjoyed all the activities in our camp and your overnight experience was perfect. We always made sure that there will be memories that will stay with you for a lifetime. Your kid words to our staff will always be an inspiration to us to work hard and give our very best in every possible way, it's been always our pleasure to give a guest like you the best customer service we can offer.

On behalf of our team ABET I'm thankful to your humble feedback. Hope to see you again next time!

All reviews
"land cruiser"
"a lot of fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 3, 2016

This was the best time to go, the weather was beautiful and the ambiance was nice. The service was excellent!

Matar A, Owner at Al Badeyah Eyes Day Tours (ABET) Desert Safari, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing ABET Desert Safari!

We are very happy that you had fun with all the activities and you had an excellent time with us. Your nice comments will always inspires us to give a guest like you the best customer service we can offer. Our customers satisfaction is always our topmost priority.

We hope to serve you again next time.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

I booked this tour because it covered all the basic touristy things you 'must do' when visiting the desert. My expectations weren't too high before going to this and they weren't exceeded!

We were picked up by a driver who didn't speak or understand much English and spent most of the journey on his phone, flicking through whatsapp and chatting to people, which didn't fill us with confidence as far as safety was concerned! Different country, different rules, which is fine to a certain extent.

I felt that the whole experience was just a bit too much - there was lots to do but it felt like everything was just crammed in for the sake of it.

The dune bashing was a definite highlight, and the drivers stopped for a while to allow you to take photos of the desert, which was pretty cool. The sand boarding was very basic (just a snowboard), so difficult to do when you just have bare feet or sandals on! I wasn't the biggest fan of the camel riding, and refused to do it as the camel was quite clearly really unhappy in his situation, grunting and making a lot of noises anytime people got near for a selfie or a ride.

The food was okay, was nice to sit out and eat with friends. At the end of the night the film was showed which was all a bit strange, but hey ho. For me, the highlight was the opportunity to sit in the desert in the darkness and star gaze for a while, though this was slightly marred by the presence of a huge spotlight that was switched on outside of the camp (you don't often get to see the stars in the UAE because of the light pollution!).

Overall it wasn't a bad experience, good to do if you want the whole tourist 'desert safari' experience.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for sharing your precious time with us. We are glad that you were able to join our Desert Safari Tour. It so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy your dune bashing activity, you love the food we served and you had fun doing star gazing under the moon light.

Our customer service is always our topmost priority. We do apologize for your inconvenience with us. We take your all your comments as a recommendation to improve our service much better. We are looking forward to meet you again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Ive been on other Safari's else where so can compare. It was reasonable a bit rough around the edges but provided all the basics. They need to sort the road going into the camp either catch SUV from this point and not take Bus it is really bad the road driving in. All up it provides what you need but if you want a little bit more luxury this isn't the Safari for you.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Al Badeyah Eyes Tourism would like to thank you for joining our Safari Tour. Your value of money is important to us. We have an option to pick up our guest via SUV as well and reasonable price may apply. We will take your comments as a recommendation to improve our service much more better.

We are looking forward to serve you again next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2016

There were only 7 people including me on the tour so we were able to do everything at a relaxed pace (except I forgot about the sandboarding). I dont know if you would get to do everything if the camp site was full. The reservations officer was very prompt and helpful with my booking.
The camp lacked atmosphere and is tired looking, it felt like a bit of a ghost town and they only remembered to turn on the music towards the end which was played too loudly. The dune bashing was fun but not as extreme as one I went to in Dubai years ago. Quad bikes are not well maintained - mine kept stalling but they really let you go loose on them on small dunes which was great (there was no briefing or rules on how to ride, they just showed you how to go and stop).
There was a falcon show which was 5 minutes of facts about the falcon while you watch it swoop to catch the food the handler is swinging around. You can then take a picture holding the falcon and pet it if you like.
The host was lovely but announced everything over the PA which was too loud and totally unnecessary for a small group. My timing was a bit off for the camel ride as it was quite dark by then and there were no lights on the outside of the camp. It would have been nice if there was a lit pathway on the outside so you could see where you are going. The henna tattooist did a nice job and you can upgrade to a more intricate design if you like.
They showed a brief video on the history of the UAE which I enjoyed (I was expecting something really tacky) but it was played on a projector with the brightness of about a candle - you could barely make out the pictures. Very low tech, the staff had to get up and click through to start the second video while there was uncomfortable silence. Everything just seemed a bit amateur.
The BBQ buffet was ok but the dining experience was marred by stray cats in the camp site meowing for food - yuck. As we were about to leave I said I hadn't had a chance to try the traditional dress, so they were very accommodating and let me take my time and took pictures for me.
The rest of the guests stayed overnight in tents. I had a look in them and they weren't bad - they had raised beds with fans, some even had a/c. I was glad to be staying at my hotel though!
All in all I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid and enjoyed my time in the desert watching the sunset.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for sharing your precious time with us. We are glad that you were able to join our Desert Safari Tour. We have tour coordinators who plan, schedule and coordinate with the guest for any assistance in case there was a large group of people coming, so the guest can still enjoy and do all their activities.

We appreciate your kind words to our staff, it will always inspire us to to give the best customer service we can offer. During busy days our camp was very lively and all of our guest are very happy, it was well maintained by our Camp Supervisor however we respect your opinion on that matter.

Our camp is a family oriented one and we avoid very fast dune bashing. You are very important to us, we do apologize for all the inconvenience. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed falcon show and other activities in the camp. We are already planning big and innovations in the camp already started. We have new HD cinema screen projector for better film viewing.

We take your all your comments as a recommendation to improve our service more. We are looking forward to meet you again soon.