“This was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it,”

Caracal Shooting Club
Ranked #4 of 45 Fun & Games in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it, the gun club is in a huge country club style building with lots of other amenities

You start off with a safety talk by one of the great instructors, they teach you about safety and how to hold the gun right etc.

Then they take you into the range, we fired two different pistols on the day and with the help of the instructors I was soon into the swing of it and hitting very new the bulls eye of the target
Really good fun!!

1  Thank phil a
There are newer reviews for Caracal Shooting Club

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We (Mrs and I) both had a great time at the range today. Something like 250AED each for an individual tuition session on how to stand, aim etc followed by 25 rounds across two magazines at standard paper ring targets at 30ft or so. Mrs went from "I hate guns - you shouldn't like guns" to a competitive shot and really enjoying it over the space of an hour. For someone who had never picked up a pistol before they took good care of her, built her knowledge and confidence and supervised her the whole time with big smiles all round.
Standard pistol is the Caracal - It's a good pistol, but I paid for another set of ammunition (approx 75AED) and had a go with a Sig Sauer which I'd recommend - if you are there and have paid for the safety briefing etc the extra ammo's worth it to make the most of it.
In terms of finding it it's not where the map that is on this page is pointing - it is however easy to find - it's very near the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - it's clearly signposted off the main road (30th Street near the Musaffah Bridge) and it's on a larger complex called the Armed Forces Officers club and hotel - taxi drivers know of the complex.
Entrance is through the coffee shop/cafe/shop at the front where there is plenty of room to chill out if you are with other people that don't want to give it a go. At the time of our visit there were easily equal numbers of men and women, so no need to think this is going to be some sort of macho blokes thing, everyone is made very welcome. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Particularly our instructor Kenny/Kenneth (ex Phillipines army) - he was great and made it a great experience for us.
Well recommended - I want another go already!

4  Thank J_and_L_Yorks
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to go here during my visit to Abu Dhabi and I was definitely not disappointed! I had an amazing experience. Very good value for money. The 10 minute safety briefing at the beginning is very good and essential!

1  Thank louhayes
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a few spare hours, waiting for my brother and a friend to come back from their visit to Ferrari World (been there and IMHO not worth a second visit) so I decided to look for some alternative things to do. Found the Caracal Shooting Club website, called to see if I could come over and was told no reservations were needed, just drop by.

Once there you will be asked to hand over a ID (emirates ID or your Passport - does not have to be an Emirates one) and to fill in a form. For first time shooters, a surcharge of 50 dhs applies for the security briefing.

The instructor was very professional and experienced and made sure that this first shooting experience was a good one. After the security briefing it was time to enter the shooting range.

There you are instructed on how to load the gun and then it's time to fire your first shot!

I really enjoyed this experience and later that day I took my brother and our friend for their first shooting experience and I decided to go for another round of shooting myself as well!

If you have some spare time in Abu Dhabi and like shooting or like to try shooting, give this shooting club a go, you won't regret it!

5  Thank Stefan H
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It is located inside the armed officers club there will be a safety briefing and later you will be allowed to fire shots at targets the instructors are good and will teach you to handle the weapon you get 25 bullets to shoot extra bullets are available upon payment , It was fun handling semi automatic gun and shooting at a target 10m far, its a different kind of experience and a bit costly.