“Formula Rossa closed!”

Entrance Ticket to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 156 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first Ferrari-branded theme park in the world, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi celebrates the passionate spirit of the legendary racing marque. Its iconic structure houses numerous high-adrenaline rides featuring the world’s fastest rollercoaster, family-friendly attractions, state-of-the-art simulators, live shows and an inspiring treasure of racing memorabilia. Attractions also include two stores and a selection of restaurants that celebrate authentic Italian culinary traditions, making it the place to live the true Ferrari story. Open 365 days a year, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi offers a unique experience for visitors of every age in a refreshing, indoor, climate-controlled environment. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a main feature of Yas Island, the top leisure and entertainment destination in the UAE. Located on Yas Island... A destination unlike any other. Home to some of the UAE's most exciting attractions, racing events, concerts, luxury hotels and much much more; Experience life at its richest, through adventure and entertainment, all created for you to share with friends and family.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was only interested in doing one thing - riding the world's fastest rollercoaster.
Got there nice and early, went straight to the Formula Rossa, stood in line for about 15 mins, then joined the line to ride at the front.
Was about 3 more rides away from getting on then it broke down, 11.50 am. Stood another 30 mins while they tried to fix it and was then told to come back later, and given a fast-pass. 10 year old son really disappointed.
Went back several times during the day, no sign of it opeining up again, in the end had to leave without riding the world's fastest rollercoaster, which remember was the only reason went to Ferrari World. 10 year old son really really disappointed.
So really I spent a lot of money and wished I hadn't have gone. I realise that sometimes things break unexpectedly but this ride is their USP, and it only ran for 50 mins on a weekend day.
I think my review would have been OK had the Formula Rossa been in operation, but I feel really quite ripped off that it wasn't as it ruined our (expensive) visit.

2  Thank DLMcClements
FWADManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear DLMcClements,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ferrari World. I am very sorry to hear that you & your son did not enjoy your day with us & I would like to personally contact you to resolve this matter. If you would be happy to send me your contact details, then I will personally assist you. It is always disappointing if a favourite ride is not available and our teams work very hard to maintain all rides for the Guests to have a great day when they visit us. In this case, we seem to have been unable to do that & so I would be happy to make amends for you.

My details are below for you & I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Excellent regards,

PO Box 128717 - Abu Dhabi, UAE
D +971 2 496 8000
E aberglund@farahleisure.com
W ferrariworldabudhabi.com
Operated by Farah Leisure Parks Management, LLC.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,529)
All reviews
in 776 reviews
"simulator"
in 750 reviews

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went here for one thing only, the worlds fastest roller coaster - the Formula Rossa. The theme park is not very big, very few rides but worth a visit. In the morning it was fairly quiet but as the day went on it got busier. We went on the Formula Rossa many times, each time the coaster stopped the wheels were doused in cold water. The front row did get slightly sprayed with the water. As the coaster set off it was so hot outside it felt like a hairdryer was being pointed at your face. There was a requirement to wear goggles, which were fine, there were lockers for your equipment that were free of charge. We asked the staff to take a photo of us on our camera, they were happy to. We went on the front and back and enjoyed every second of it. There was another coaster, much smaller, but again worth going on. The photos were expensive and so was the merchandise but we still bought a t-shirt and a few photos. I would certainly recommend it and would/are going to go again.

FWADManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear book_yourself,

thank you for taking time to share your impressions from visit to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
We agree with you, as we always advise all our guests to come early to the park.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed riding our rollercoasters, they are something special, aren't they?

We hope that we will be welcoming you back to the park soon!

Excellent regards,

PO Box 128717 - Abu Dhabi, UAE
D +971 2 496 8000
E aberglund@farahleisure.com
W ferrariworldabudhabi.com
Operated by Farah Leisure Parks Management, LLC.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited Ferrari World at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi purely to ride the world's fastest rollercoaster. If we didn't do anything else we would have still been happy just to ride that alone. We have visited various theme parks We are enthusiasts who have visited various theme parks mainly in US, such as Cedar Point, SFMM & the Florida parks.

We were not disappointed either. The feeling of being accelerated to 150mph in less than 5 seconds is a real head rush. The rest of the ride had some very nice turns & airtime filled dips before coming back to the station. It is so fast riders are given goggles to wear as eye protection. For those that like to ride at the front of the train there is an extra queue line which takes a little longer usually but I think it is worth travelling at the front at least once if you get the chance. The other coaster, called Fiorano GT, is situated at the opposite end of the park. This is a fun twin duelling coaster with some nice hills & bursts of acceleration, but it is a whole lot more sedate than the Formula Rossa.

As for the rest of the park I was quite surprised at how big the place is, considering it is pretty much all indoor. Only the two rollercoasters going out into the open air. For the Ferrari fans there are plenty of models on display in various parts of the park. There are various other smaller rides & simulators which make up the rest of the complex, but nothing else anywhere as thrilling as the big ride.

We were happy with our visit to Ferrari World although I expect it could be expensive for a family to visit. Whether there are enough rides at this moment to merit the entry price is arguable, but we were happy just to ride the Formula Rossa.

We were staying in Dubai and we travelled to Ferrari World by taking the metro service to Jebel Ali. Then at Jebel Ali we were able to get a cab from the taxi stand outside the station. This worked out a lot cheaper than a cab ride all the way from Dubai. It is possible to take an express intercity bus but we could not fathom the timetables.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went for my husband but loved it fastest roller coaster in the world some amazing rides and cars the sims are just like your driving a real f1 car loads to do we have been back a lot never get board of if

See more reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went here from Abu Dhabi purely for the rollercoasters as I am an enthusiast! It is very clean, well laid out with excellent theming if you like Ferraris, but not really my thing. It is expensive and I could have booked on line but did not want to risk choosing a specific day in case the day I chose was one when Formula Rossa was not running. Instead we booked tickets from a rep once in Abu Dhabi and got a day pass to both here and Yas Waterworld for a reduced price. Formula Rossa was good fun but not the best. It may have the fastest launch in the world at 149.1mph but this speed is not sustained. You can feel it slowing down just before the lift hill. After that it is a pleasant smooth ride. Yes the launch makes your face ripple and I could see the need for the goggles, as sand was hitting my face. I queued for 45 minutes on a Wednesday, a quiet day. I realised I was probably only going to get one ride so waited a bit longer for the front seat, which was worth it. The tyres had smoke coming out before the launch which was a good effect but it was lacking in 3-2-1 theming etc. There was only one train in operation and although there was a single rider queue it was not open. Fortunately the queuing system was efficient as it was all inside in a cool building and only the coaster was outside in the sun.

I also rode the other coaster, a racing steel one which was fun but not hard core. We rode the little cars around a model of Italy too.

We had lunch there, which was a rip off. £15 for one slice of pizza each and one soda drink between us, and it didn't even taste that nice. Souvenirs were very expensive. I wanted a Formula Rossa tee shirt but it was an uninspiring design, ill fitting and £35!

The biggest rip off was just outside when we wanted to move on to Yas Waterworld. We had just missed the shuttle bus and did not want to wait another 20 minutes as we needed to get there to maximise our day in both parks. The security guard attached to Ferrari World found us a taxi but we had not realised how close the water park was. It was a taxi on a meter but he was demanding money before we had finished our 2 minute ride and charged us 25 dirham instead of the 3.9 dirham on the meter. He also dumped us by the side of the park and if there had not been a local man nearby who showed me a walkway past the construction fencing that took us to the back of the park we could have been walking up and down all day. At the end of our stay there, we found the main entrance and taxi rank. This has been our only negative experienced in Abu Dhabi.

1  Thank Hevsy