“Not worth the hype!”

and up
Entrance Ticket to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi
Ranked #11 of 144 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is the largest indoor and the only Ferrari branded theme park in the world, with 20 Ferrari inspired rides and attractions and a priceless collection of more than 30 vintage and contemporary Ferraris. Featuring high adrenaline rides, fun learning attractions suitable for guests of all ages and a unique taste of Italy through its authentic dining experiences, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is the premier family entertainment centre in the region. Every ride incorporates Ferrari design and technology, offering an engaging and interactive multisensory experience that truly brings the Ferrari story to life. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is one of the signature features of Yas Island, a 2,500 hectare island dedicated to leisure, entertainment and lifestyle.
Bangkok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not worth the hype!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have to admit that I’m a huge rollercoaster fan and therefore I expected a lot. Honestly, I’m disappointed! I’ll write a summary at the bottom for those who don’t have the time to read the entire article.

The park itself is really nice. The way they build the entire facility and integrated all attractions is pretty amazing. The whole park is obviously focused on Ferrari and Italy and I think it looks amazing.

The attractions are nice.
Formula Rossa, the fastest rollercoaster in the world, is definitely worth trying. I went on it several times and really loved it.
The dueling coaster “Fiorano GT Challenge” was also interesting. It has several launches and is pretty neat as well.
G-Force is a regular spaceshot tower. The guy who ran the attraction really liked how scared everyone was and therefore went a couple times more than he was supposed to. I thought that was amazing.
Bell’Italia is a nice, relaxing attraction for everyone. You basically sit in a car and it shows you different towns in Italy. It’s basically an exhibit recreating several skylines and buildings in Italy.
V12 is a water ride. You sit in the little boat and it takes you on a journey through the V12 engine. It obviously starts with the gasoline coming into the motor, goes on to the cylinders and ends with a big bang at the exhaust. It is well developed and a nice water ride
One of the funnest rides was Speed of Magic. It’s a 4-D journey following a wonderful story. It’s supposed to be for kids but I probably enjoyed it more than all the kids in the ride. It’s pretty new and therefore includes an amazing technology. Sometimes I didn’t even know if I was watching a screen or foam objects. Loved it.
They also had a show called “Red”. It’s an acrobatic show with fun characters and one of the most amazing “clown”-pantomimes I’ve ever seen. They did a great job.

But enough about the positives sides.

I honestly have to say I wouldn’t go to the park again. If you like rollercoasters, go once and try Formula Rossa. If you just try to do something in Abu Dhabi, there’s lots of other stuff to do.

The entrance fee for the park is way too expensive. It’s not worth the money

The lines were way too long. I know it’s not really a point to have an opinion on because it’s not their fault that the park was full but still, the work effort was ridiculous. It took them almost two minutes to board the train of Forumla Rossa and let them go out.
They also didn’t bring out the second train until the afternoon even though we already had to wait for almost two hours. I talked to another guy waiting in line and we both decided to talk to the staff about their work effort and they unfortunately didn’t give us a pleasant answer and just talked their way around it.

During the entire day, they had several kids coming to the park. I think it’s great that kids go to amusement parks but unfortunately they didn’t behave the way they’re supposed to behave. They cut in line, pushed people to the side and were really rude. I talked to staff members about it and wanted them to say something but unfortunately they just looked away.

What I also find really unfortunate is that they offer VIP tickets. They are not that much more expensive but I thought I didn’t need it. What they do is basically pick out the people with the VIP bracelet and then put them on the rides. Since the price doesn’t differ that much from the regular ticket, the VIP is nothing special. At Formula Rossa, the VIP people still had to wait 1.5 hours while the others waited almost 4. Also they sometimes don’t have particular entrances for the VIP people and therefore they just squeeze themselves through the regular line.

Also the food in the park is really expensive. I know it’s an amusement park but I’ve seen parks that are way cheaper than Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.

But the weirdest thing during the day were all the technical inspections. I went to the park right when it opened and headed right towards G-Force. It was closed because of technical inspections. Then I went to Formula Rossa. It was closed because of technical inspections. Then I went to the dueling coaster. It was closed because of technical inspections. Half of the rides didn’t even open until 2 hours after the park had opened and the water ride was closed almost all day. Formula Rossa was shut down 3 times during one day because they had some kind of technical issues. I don’t know what they were doing but I think they should check the rides before the park opens.

So after having such an unpleasant experience I decided to talk to customer relations. The guy I talked to was really friendly. He kindly listened to all my bad experiences and recommendations and asked me what he should do now. I didn’t really know what to say since I was so upset and he kindly gave me a VIP bracelet for the rest of the day.

So all in all I wouldn’t go to the park again. I hope the park changes in the future and I hope they offer more rides for the money.

Summary:

+ great rides
+ awesome theme
nicely executed design (Ferrari exhibition, etc)
understanding customer relations

not enough rides
slow workers
unfriendly staff
expensive food
expensive entrance fee (they have awesome rides but should offer more for the price)
VIP-Ticket system (too many people buy VIP ticket and therefore it’s nothing special anymore. VIPs still have to wait for quite a while and non-VIPs have to wait even longer

Visited January 2013

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found Ferrari World to be grossly overpriced and overrated. Some of the more popular rides were often not running during the day and when we enquired about this we were told that they were conducting "safety checks" (why can't they do these out of park opening times?). The queues are ridiculously long with slow staff, many rides taking too much time to get on.
Sorry but this was a once tried never to return place that we cannot recommend.

1 Thank KLworker
FWADManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear KLWorker,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your recent trip to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. I would like to resolve & explain this matter if I can. With regards to safety checks, these are common in all theme parks as they occur based on number of ride cycles so cannot always be done after operating hours. The operations staff also do their best to get Guests onto rides as quickly as possible, but from time to time delays do occur. I would be keen to hear more from you if you have the opportunity, so please send me more information about your day.

Excellent regards,

PO Box 128717 - Abu Dhabi, UAE
D +971 2 496 8023
E aberglund@farahleisure.com
W ferrariworldabudhabi.com
Operated by Farah Leisure Parks Management, LLC.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A few thrills but otherwise stuck in 3rd gear”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ferrari World is a passable distraction for anyone visiting Abu Dhabi, but largely fell short of my expectactions. 'Formula Rosso' is undoubtedly the star attraction, being the world's fastest roller coaster, but queues were ridiculously long and the signposted waiting times significantly underestimated the actual waiting time (as with other rides). This ride aside, there aren't many others which set the pulse racing, although there is plenty for the car/Ferrari enthusiast to engage with. The live stage performances I saw - a Japanese 'Taiko' drum performance and an acrobatic performance/dance troupe - were both very good, although there was no obvious connection to Ferrari, so they were a bit random. Definitely overpriced for what you get.

Betchworth, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“ADULT VISIT TO FERRARI WORLD!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Easy parking, lots of options for dining ...
Rides are OK - the rollercoaster lives up to it's reputation for being the fastest in the world! The other rides are OK but not terribly thrilling!
If you are a car freak - particularly Ferraris - then you will be in heaven! Beautiful cars and you can go in a simulator to pretend you are really in one!
Great place if you have small kids ... they have more interesting "rides" for them than for the adults!
You can get "premium" tickets which avoid the long queues on the popular rides but not necessary if you are going on the smaller rides and if you don't have any time constraints.

Tunis, Tunisia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I did not enjoy it”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overpriced. Not a family place at all (if you're with kids under 3, there are no convenient rides for them). You have to be there early as it doors close at 8 and some rides have long waiting lines, We arrived at 5 thinking that it closes at 11 so we could not see many things. Many rides have height and weight limitations, saying that "you wouldn't fit in the belt in most attractions". The receptionist gave us a hard time with this rule although when we asked for the manager, a very nice south-african guy, he was more flexible and even gave us better discounts. I would not say it wasn't a nice place but it's probably more suitable for people who would enjoy a rush of adrenaline :) but I wouldn't consider going back there.

Visited March 2013