WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Liwa Hotel Apartments

Liwa Hotel Apartments
Ranked #123 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Doha
“Can't complain for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just sent 8 nights in a 2 room apartment (2 adults 2 children). Ok so the place is tired but it was clean and the beds were comfy. There is loads of parking very close to the hotel and we never had a problem getting a space. Its free at weekends and Dhs15 per 24 hours at other times. The hotel had a card they used to buy a ticket and we paid the hotel (handy when we didn't have change). On arrival the kitchen only had cutlery / crockery for two but as soon as I requested more and extra towels and pillows they were delivered in 5 mins.The staff were always polite, and helpful. We have stayed over Eid and the Grand Prix weekend when hotel prices are at a premium. For what we paid we can not complain and would recommend if you want a budget base just to sleep. Its in a good location right next to the fruit and veg market and Lulu hypermarket so it was easy to get fresh milk bread and fruit. Also lots of Arabic / Indian cafes and restaurants near by. Easy drive to Marina Mall and other Abu Dhabi places of interest. The internet was 5Dhs per hour but we always managed to get Wifi every night (after 11pm by the time we got back). This was enough to check our emails and update FB. This is not a stay for business or luxury but a decent cheap place to sleep and use as a base to explore. That's what we did and we were happy with it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank JbsquaredDoha

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
heartdagger
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

When we first arrived, we found out that the hotel had no designated parking. The parking next to the hotel was for residents of the area only. We had to park a block away. Even then, there were stipulations regarding when we could park there and no one at the hotel told me about them. The morning after we arrived I discovered a parking ticket on my car and promptly brought it to the attention of the hotel staff who did nothing to help me even though it was them who told me to park where I did.
The hotel had no free wi-fi so I paid for an hour of service. That hour was never fulfilled because there was no actual wi-fi access in my room. I informed the staff who told me they would send someone up right away. The issue was never rectified during the time of my stay.
The TV didn't work when we arrived as well but someone actually fixed that.
We found condoms under the bed after our 1 year old son came out of his room holding a pack. My other son all of a sudden had a new toy I'd never seen before and we just figured someone had left it behind. Funny how the cleaning staff never found any of these things.
The bed was comfortable enough but I kept thinking about just how clean it actually was. In general, a disappointing stay with many complaints.

Room Tip: So many better places to stay in the city.