“Carefully prepared food in a popular shop”

Jones the Grocer - Al Mamoura
Ranked #158 of 2,087 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Carefully prepared food in a popular shop”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Jones the Grocer has excellent sandwiches, salads, and soups and amazing desserts! If you love carrot cake, this is the place for you! I prefer the Jones in Khaladiya which feels cozier, but the food is just as good.

Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
“....average oasis...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times. A great find and a good venue to have in the neighbourhood. But it is somewhat over rated. I think the service is what lets this restaurant down. I left London three weeks Ago and was hungering for a real English Breakfast - whilst not bad, it was rather ordinary. Fish and chips were good - not great.

The interiors is crisp, trendy and v modern. I like it. The tables tho are all sticky and bad for the iPad cover. The pepper mills at the tables rarely work.
I'll return, try the burgers and pies. But this is no "great" place.

It should be called "jones the condiment shack" not grocer !!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mike O
“What a burger!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The wagyu beef burger is a must!!! Service good, choice excellent and the chance to taste some samples is a great touch!

Visited March 2013
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Meh....Not what it's cracked up to be.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I heard great things about this place, so you can imagine that I had high expectations.
I orderd the burger that everyone say's is supposed to be out of
this world. I do agree it was probably from some dumpster in outer space since I took one
bite and didn't finish it. The fries were good but I'm not sure how you can mess those up.
Even after telling the server I couln't eat it, the sure charged me and didn't ask me if I wanted
a substitute.

I think this is one of those expensive places people go just because it's cool.
The place was clean, the service was good but when you are a resturant, you are in the food
business. I may go again and give it a second shot and try something else.

• Visited March 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Slow, cold & average hand outs”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I tend to agree with previous reviewers. We dined last weekend and can say for sure that the service at the Jones @ Abu Dhabi is indeed slow...really slow. Same for the food, my wife's lasagna & my 'freshly' grilled chicken burger were served quite cold. One can't even blame the airconditioning since we were seated outside. Service levels were well short of expectation, the guys mixed up my order and got us 2 lasagna. This made sure I waited for more than 30 minutes for a simple chicken burger.

Not really a great eat out place, many more options available in the city.

• Visited April 2013