“Worst 5 star experience ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Millennium Al Wahda

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #51 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worst 5 star experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

It took over 2 hours to get into the right room. 45 minutes waiting at reception to be checked in, with a man who clearly wasn't trained. In the first room there were stale urine stains on the toilet seat even though the sign said disinfected! The manager who came to the room said that we shouldn't worry as it was only a few spots!!! On check-out nobody asked about the stay and the luggage man threw the case on the floor with no care at all for what was inside. What a nightmare!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Micha G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Abu Dhabi and did not really know what to expect (although we have been to Dubai 3 times). The Grand Millennium is a fairly new hotel and in many respects, reminds me of my early travels to China. The staff try hard, but some things just dont work. Our check in took about 30 minutes, with the front desk clerk stumbling around, not really sure how to complete the check in process. I had booked 3 nights, but initially two nights and I added one on the front. Well, this created a major issue, so much so that I had to come down the next morning and check out of my room, get new keys and check back in to the same room for the second two nights. I booked a club room. I have stayed at a million hotels all around the world and club rooms typically (I would say 99% of the time) have a club lounge situated on the same floor as the room you are staying or one floor above or below. Well, the club lounge at this hotel is on the first floor in this very large room, with very little outside light, no view of anything, cold, no atmosphere. It was terrible and even the staff admit that people won't come to the lounge because it is thoroughly uninviting. The staff were nice and friendly and helpful. The hotel has a huge gym which is well equipped. There are a number of restaurants in the hotel and a great pub below. In terms of location, Abu Dhabi is a hard place to pick a location. It is so spread out. Taxis are readily available and cheap , so it is only 15 minutes max to anywhere you want to go and it is so hot, you would not walk anyway. Overall, a reasonable hotel and I am sure they will improve.

Room Tip: Do waste your money on a club floor unless they change the set up and location
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the 3rd time I am staying in this hotel for 8 consecutives days each time, and for sure, the last time.
The first time I checked out, I called the concierge to send somebody to take my 4 luggage; 25min later nobody came and I had to go, so I took everything with me and upon arriving in the lobby to checkout, nobody bothered to help me.
The second time, same story, nobody help you for your luggage - You are on your own.
This 3rd time, at check-in I told them that I do not use the minibar - by the time I went up, there was already somebody in front of my door to empty the minibar; Now hold on, there is nobody to help you with your bag in a 5 stars hotel, but to instantly empty the minibar the person is already in front of your door before you??
As I finally ordered room service, a 40aed sandwich was delivered to my room (about 8euros), and 10min later I got a call from the reception that I must pay the sandwich immediately and cannot put it on my 100euros/night room, so they are sending somebody to collect the money.
So I spent about 24 days in this hotel so far, and I am treated like a thief who is going to empty the minibar and run away without paying a 40aed sandwich: I can't because I can't run away while carrying the weight of my own luggage !!
Amazing guest experience; Dear travelers, walk away !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Sebastien G
Belfast, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Long weekend break to Abu Dhabi - first time visit for us and our friends. Direct overnight flight from Dublin both ways helped maximise our time in the Emirate and this hotel was a great choice because of its quality and location. Rooms good size, several dining options. Check-in easy enough (though they did try to flog us an upgrade for a cost - we declined). Close to shopping mall and bus station from where you can get to Dubai in just over an hour at very little cost. Taxi rank also just outside. Found a small rooftop restaurant in one of the surrounding office block buildings - turned out to be best meal of the trip though none were bad. All in all a great trip.

Room Tip: High floor may afford more peace and quiet and better views as some lower floor rooms may be close t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear AlwaysReady2Go,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

I look forward to your return in Abu Dhabi and welcoming you back at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Corfu Town, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Grand Millennium Al Wahda has the potential to stand out as a league of its own in Abu Dhabi in terms of real value and service. The location is unbeatable right next to the Al Wahda Mall, the bus station and with easy access to the main sights. The lobby is a bit small but stylish. My room on the 26th floor was spacious and hi-tech with neutral colour scheme, comfortable bed and big bathroom with fine amenities. A bigger window in the room would bo much better though. Breakfast and dinner at the Al Wahda restaurant was buffet style, sufficient, with plenty of choices and discreet service. The Health Club is well equipped and I had a very relaxing massage at the Zayna Spa by a well-trained Indian therapist.

My overall experience was indeed fabulous, I had a lovely time in and out of the hotel, I felt welcome and secure all the time and I'm sure that UAE hospitality is unsurpassed and mostly unforgettable. Everyone visiting Abu Dhabi should definately consider seriously a stay at the Grand Millennium.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KostakisG
Dear KostakisG,

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was fabulous. Upon reading your review, it appears you have had enjoyed the facilities and we are particularly pleased that your stay in UAE is trully unforgettable.

Hope you had a safe flight and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

Muharaq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights by a mistake, I was planning to stay in the other Millennium, but I was lucky, it is much better than it, it is great modern close to big mall, I like the location, staff were very friendly & helpful, when I get back to Abu Dhabi I will definitely pick this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ksayar
Dear Ksayar,

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

I look forward to your return.

Sincerely yours,

Sunshine Coast Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed 10 days- presenting a 6 day seminar in the Hotel. Managers & staff were kind, generous & very attentive. We felt very welcome & were given excellent service. The buffet food was second to none! Breakfast selection above average. Loved the excellent location, close to everything. Enjoyed the pool & jacuzzi spa room & amazing gym! Had 4 great massage sessions at the health centre, a little pricey, but a half price special made it fair & the quality of the treatment was above average. Having stayed at hotels all over the world for 30 years, this was one of my very best experiences & we would return again. Hotel club was the way we booked & we found their rates the best. Hotel staff gave us fast ,friendly, 'service with a smile' & overall I feel we got 5 star service!

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 21 of 31 & it was perfectly silent!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cycadman
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Cycadman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel Abu Dhabi.

We are truly delighted to read that your overall stay are the best experience. All the little gestures and details you mention about our facilities is most appreciated.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back to your 'home in Abu Dhabi' soon.

With kind regards,