“Great Hotel and Great Location”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #59 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Grand Millennium Al Wahda is a relatively new five star hotel and I prefer staying here as it is a centrally located five star property with great amenities . I visit Abu Dhabi almost every month and usually stay in this hotel for 4-10 days . I think I have stayed in this hotel more than 7 times in 2012 and my recent visit was on 22nd December till 26th December 2012. This time I was given a complementary upgrade to club room and membership to use the executive club for my stay (Free Internet- Free Breakfast - Free Alcohol from 7 to 9 pm)

WHAT WORKS FOR THIS HOTEL:

- Great rooms with all modern facilities (This hotel is big hotel and you are likely to find a room in this hotel during the peak time)

- There are three restaurants .All the restaurants are very good but I really like the Italian one "Portobello" . Toshi is also a very good Pan Asian Chinese and Thai restaurant . The Third restaurants is Al wahda all day dinning restaurant is also decent.

- The bar reflexion and porters pub with live music are good places.

- Swimming pool is on the top floor and very nice with a pool bar . (I really liked the pool area)

- The fitness center and Spa area is also well equipment and very good

- This hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from the Alwahda Mall which has recently in november become much bigger with the opening of its new extension housing almost all brands (Now this is one of the biggest malls in Abu dhabi) .

- The hotel is reasonably priced for a Five star property

- The Staff is quite polite and good

-- This time we were offer free upgrade to club rooms with this we were given complementary breakfast at the executive club. The breakfast at the club was limited but was very good.

THING THAT DON'T WORK FOR THIS HOTEL:

- Room service and the service any thing that you ask for in your room is very slow . It takes hours for things to come to your room. I asked for water and it took the staff almost 35 minutes to bring it . Same goes for other when I asked for a shaving kit and tooth brush it took almost an hour for somebody to bring it.

-Room Service Menu and 24hr Menu : Room service menu is very limited and their is nothing for vegans. I try avoid this but as the last order in all the restaurant in the hotel is 11 pm I generally have to order from the room service menu.

- The health Club and the spa are not in the same floor as the swimming pool. The health club is on the 1 Floor and the swimming pool is on the top floor.

- The Executive club is not on the same floor as the club rooms the new executive club is very far away and you need to walk quite a bit in the hotel to reach the executive club. The executive club is also a non smoking lounge.
- Sometimes there are goof ups in calculations in the sense there are extra things added . So please check your bill before final payment.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE HOTEL:
- The hotel should have special privileges for regular clients so they always choose to stay in your hotel. Special incentives to regular clients.
- The hotel should have better, faster service both room service and house keeping
- The concierge should be more knowledgeable to help guide the in room guests.
- The in room dining and the 24hr menu should be more elaborate and have some more options for vegetarians.
- The executive club should be closer if not on the same floor as the club rooms and should have an area for smokers also.

Thanks

Shankar

1  Thank Shankar3
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Shankar3,

Greetings and thank you for your feedback.

We have noted all your comments and look forward on your return.

Atef Elias

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I wasn't going to even bother writing a review of this hotel, because I didn't even think it deserves one, but when I received an email today to fill a survey... I was like: Really???
Anyway... I stayed at the Grand Millenium for 27 nights during the month of December and wasn't impressed from the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out. I was on a business trip not a shopping one, so obviously the Location is not my primary concern, in fact, the hotel was 20-30 minutes drive from work.
- The staff members (except the guy who serves you arabian coffee at the reception) were hardly helpful especially the front desk staff- Told them many times about the issues they have with room, and their only response was " we are aware of these issues, you are not the only one"
- The entertainment system in the rooms does not work most of the times, and when it works, the little PC they use as a decoder makes more noise than the air-conditioning
- The AC is not adjustable, so either it is on and freezing, or off and warm... and the noise comes from all directions, the AC in the room and the other thousand units on the roof of Al-Wahda Mall
- Cleaning and room amenities were not consistent. One day the room was cleaned properly, and many others it was half cleaned, toiletteries were not renewed, etc..
- The little central control unit for lights and AC etc.. never worked properly, you try to swith on the light the AC goes on, switch off the light and your DND light goes on... which the housekeeping again uses as a reason for not cleaning your room -
- And the funniest bit was that the general manager sends you a personalized note on your TV screen, but never leaves a contact number or an email address. Ask about him at the reception and they will tell you: " you need to arrange an appointment with through his secretary... But we will tell the duty manager and he will get in touch". In the 27 nights I spent there, I never heard anything from any manager there...
- Oh one last thing... if you are driving, always allow 20 minutes extra for the valet parking to fetch your car...
Avoid it if you can... It is a totally dysfunctional hotel..

1  Thank George J

Dear Mr. George J,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment on your recent stay with us.

We want you to know that we value your comments and will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 4, 2013

while visiting family in Dubai my wife and I decided to fit in a 2 day trip to Abu Dhabi, as we were travelling by bus we went for a hotel close to the bus station, and that choice was the Grand Millenium Al Wahda and what a good choice it was. We were upgraded to an Executive room on check in, something that doesn't happen very often, the check in was done quickly and efficiently by a lovely girl called Pushpanwari ( I hope I have spelled that right. ) who explained all the hotel facilities to us and also suggested a couple of things we must do while in Abu Dhabi. The room on the 27th floor was fantastic with a stunning view over the city. The executive lounge was very good and extremely well looked after by Thandiwi whose smile lit up the place. We had breakfast both days in the bright all day dining restaurent which was buffet style and Excellant. During our stay we were given the utmost respect and attention from all staff and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend to friends. Thank you Grand Millenium for making our stay very enjoyable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian T
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Adrian T,

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after. All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Walking distance from the Bus station which makes it very useful when coming from Dubai. The hotel is spotless, the staff are friendly and pleasant and the hotel has impeccable room service. I intend to stay here again on future trips.

1  Thank Meiksinparadise

Dear Meiksinparadise,

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent. All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant room and spacious bathrooms a tastefully done up hotel .

Staff is very courteous an awesome health club.

If you do go to Abu Dhabi and its your first time, i recommend you stay in this hotel.
The concierge staff named Ganga is extremely helpful and extends all possible services.

A brilliant hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nikhilgupta86

Dear nikhilgupta86,

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was briliant and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after. I will convey your kind words to my team especially to Ganga and I am sure this will encourage him to continue to provide outstanding service. He has made us proud on this occasion

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had room nö. 2209. it is very Good with a nice view. We were here from Dezember 30. to 1st of January 2013.
We do Not have breakfast. But the mall is next zo this Hotel. That is Great. They are many Taxis in the near and the
Princess are very Good, from this Hotel to the Emirates Palace Hotel is about 4€.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank rosistolte

Dear rosistolte,

Greetings and thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and All the little gestures and details you mention about our facilities is most appreciated.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

very nice location. We had a very large apartment with two bedrooms and a convenient living room with kitchen. very nice breakfast brought into the room in the morning. Wonderful view from the pool on top of the building but the pool was very small compared to the size of the hotel. i recommend. Vincent

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vincent p

Dear Mr. Vincent P,

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and all the little gestures and details you mention about our facilities is most appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation.

I look forward to your return.