“One night in Abu Dhabi”

Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Antwerp, Belgium
“One night in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed in Abu dhabi for one night and booked the hotel via Expedia. We arrived at the hotel and got a warm welcome from the reception.

The room was very clean and the bed was extremly comfortable. Rooftop swimming pool and chill out area are a very nice touch. We had a connecting flight the night after we checked in, however we could use the spa to fresh up after a hot day in the city! This was a really nice touch!

Hotel staff is extremly friendly and helpfull.

We really enjoyed our stay in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Manolito16
M_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
I would like to thank you for taken your time to provide us your feedback. It is through such feedback that we are able to serve our guest better.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel and we are all looking forward seeing you again on your next stay with us.

If there is anyways that we can be of further assistance on your next visit, please do let us know.

Michael Sorgenfrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I will admit that I wasn't thrilled to stay in a busy downtown hotel as I would have much prefered to have access to the beach, but this hotel made up for it. The service was so attentive, especially the guys at the door and so polite. I'm not used to this in the Middle East!

The pool on the rooftop is lovely, but a bit on the smaller side. I'm also afraid that there aren't enough sunbeds for peak times. The swim up bar was a nice touch.

Tried two of their restaurants - Portobello and Toshi and both were excellent. The service was excellent as was the food. Once this hotel gets a liquor license, it'll be even better.

Overall a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juele

Cambridge UK
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 6 nights in April as I was working just down the road from it and it was therefore recommended to me by the people I was working with to save on travel around Abu Dhabi.

I did not really know what to expect from the hotel having not realised it was a 5 star property before arrival. Upon arrival though I knew almost straight away that this was a really good hotel.

Checked in easily and quickly and was given the key for the room, which when I got to it confused me for a bit as the door lock was RFID so you waved the key next to the panel and the door opened.

The technology continues into the room itself with a small panel for turning the lights on and off and changing the temperature. There was also a DVD player and large TV.

The bathroom was amazing as was the bed which was one of the most comfortable I have slept in for ages, at least two mornings I was late getting up just because it was so comfortable.

The hotel still doesn't have its alcohol license but the restaurants that are open are amazing, two nights in the Chinese I watched my food being cooked and the best was the live grill. The chef on that was brilliant and put on a great show.

The only downside to the hotel was the speed of the internet connection and I did feel a little bit out of the way. There is a large shopping mall next to the hotel, but I never really felt in middle of things or where the rest of the city actually was.

I would highly recommend this hotel though as it is one of the best I have stayed in for ages.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank u9537503
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 9, 2011

A huge hotel, understood that has 800 rooms, brand new, with excellent services and all the confort that a 5 star hotel should have.
Near Lulu hipermarket, but also in the neighbour of other shops and restaurants, offers all the required confort and facilites, big rooms (I used to stay in a single one, but there are and apartments, in a separate wing), very confortable beds and pillows, a choice of good dedicated restaurants and a very polity and helpfull personnel. The rooms are HI-TECH equiped, as said complementary bottles of water at discretion (never used more than 2/day, but says that in case of shortage can be required more), brand name cosmetics for the bath and full free access of internet (both wi-fi and LAN).
As the hotel is on the way to obtain alchool sales licence, for the time being is not any wine, beer or alchoolic beverages but soon will get it.#
The compensation is the 50% deduction of the bill for dinners served in the restaurant.
I used to stay at several hotels both in Dubai and Abu-Dhabi, same 5 star conditions, but for me this jurney was a real good surprise as I had the impresion that this hotel is a little bit above the others same cathegory. I hope to be the same and in the future and not due to the fact that is a brand new one, recently opened.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, make booking in due time
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Paris
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel was extremely clean with a very nice view and a super rooftop swimming pool (with an integrated cafe bar!). The multi-national staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel design is very modern and pleasant. Small details were especially memorable (like complementory coffee with our wake-up call).

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
M_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks and glad that you had a memorable stay with us. I have conveyed your kind words to our staff and very much touched by your thoughful gesture. Your feedback encourage us to continue to provide outstanding service.

If there is anyways that we can be of further assistance, please do let us know and we are all looking forward to meet you on your next visit at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This is a newly ultra modern opened hotel .It is locate directly across from the Emirates Express domestic bus terminal if you are coming from Dubai. The 2 hour bus ride will cost you just under 3USD !!Taxis in the Emirates are dirt cheap especially since gasoline is under 50cents a litre but a two hour taxi ride from Dubai to AD will cost you 100USD .
The hotel lobby is staffed by super efficient excellent English speaking staff .
Check in was ultra fast and painless.
I was assigned a non smoking room with a HUGE separate bath and excellent shower .The room controls are controlled manually or by using a mobile tablet application unit that has a docking station on the night table .If you are not use to tablets have the bellhop show you ..it is really an excellent device to control room lighting, room temperature etc etc ..total room comfort.Internet was free using a wireless keyboard and using the LCD multi-media TV as a monitor ,The huge TV has endless English stations as well as free movies .The bed was ultra comfortable and the room was super-soundproof .Breakfast was not included in the rate .It will cost you under 30USD ,There is a Mall located within 3 miutes of walking just around the left corner from the hotel exiting from the lobby .There are endless western style eateries such as KFC, Macs, etc .It has one of the best supermarket /deptstores chains to be found in the Middle East ..it is called LULUs..it is located on the bottom floor of the mall .It has a supermarket with a prepared food section .This is great if you want to make your own meals .
A concierge at the hotel whose name is Archie is probably the hotel's most valuable employee .This young man knows EVERYTHING about Abu Dhabi and how to get there .He is a former employee of the famous Yas Hotel .
Archie can answer any question that you may have about getting the most out of your trip to Abu Dhabi.He actually saved be a lot of money by giving me alternative suggestions to my expensive plans .Be sure to look for Archie if you need anything .He is probably the BEST concierge that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
This hotel is certainly ranked as being one of the best on my worldly list of not to be missed hotels of the world for friendliness , comfort and affordable luxury ,

Room Tip: check the hotelwebsite for offers
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank canadianwolfinottawa
leila_hermosada, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, April 26, 2011

Molokai, Hawaii
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed at the Grand Millennium for almost a month and know it pretty well. It is a brand new hotel and the staff is still working out many bugs. While there, I had to move rooms because of seemingly insoluble engineering problems no doubt connected to poor quality construction. While staff members are unfailingly polite, daily I faced irritations with them and with the facilities. A few examples: Stone-aged Internet service with speeds too slow to stream video or download big files (I was told management “knows about this issue and cannot fix it”); no self-parking and VERY slow valet service (sometimes it took 30 minutes to get my vehicle even when I called ahead); insufficient water pressure to take a shower with constant water temperature (water goes between scalding hot to cold in five seconds). You get the idea. Adding to the frustration is the fact that the hotel has no liquor license and nobody knows when or if management will defeat the world-class Abu Dhabi government bureaucracy and get one. As for the restaurants, I’ve eaten in all of them and to a one they all share the same characteristics: Friendly but slow service, adequate food that is over-presented and high prices (even for Abu Dhabi). To a one, none is outstanding. On the positive side, the health club is excellent, as is the spa. And the rooftop swimming pool is spectacular. The Grand Millennium may eventually work through these problems—but for now it has many issues to be resolved before it really is deserving of its five-star claims.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business