“Ask for "extra food" to get a real portion!”
Review of Mirabel - CLOSED

Mirabel
Cuisines: European, French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Mirabel brings together the best of Europe. By using the best coffees and finest produce from various regions throughout Europe, everything is precisely prepared and served by experienced, knowledgeable waiters. Mirabel provides an unusually genuine, well valued sophisticated European cafe experience in an elegant ambiance.
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I placed a delivery order from Mirabel - my husband's portion of beef and sundry was generous and, according to him, tasty enough. My grilled chicken, on the other hand, was smaller than my closed fist, on an equally skimpy bed of gratin potatoes and three half-spears of asparagus. For Dh70, I expected a real meal, not an appetizer. I didn't even taste it - just had them send the driver back with my money. To the credit of the restaurant manager, he tried to offer me a replacement, but I was too galled. A colleague later told me that he'd ordered the same dish and got the same miniscule portion, but was told that if you tell them you want "extra food", they make it an actual entree portion, which is what the price is. So buyer beware!

MirabelManager, General Manager at Mirabel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Jules-

I remember your order clearly and again, I do apologise for your having adverse experience.

All feedback is is genuinely valuable and immediately following your complaint, I ordered for the all portions of this dish to be double to what you received. It's been this way since the day of your call to us.

I'm not sure about the 'ask for extra food' bit- never heard that one before. All item are carefully and uniformly portioned as per the French chef's management approved directions. Staff don't just 'add extra food' just because someone asks.

We are launching a new menu in a couple of days with a replacement of this chicken dish to a whole roasted baby chicken with tarragon and shallots. It's incredible- definitely worth a try. And the whole bird makes for a nice big portion too.

Hopefully, you will be pleased to see how, even in this town, some businesses can seriously, swiftly and effectively we deal with issues. I hope you will give us another try. My offer of sending you out a complimentary dish still very much stands.

AC

There are newer reviews for Mirabel

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very good food in a very good atmosphere.
The food is delicious, the team is perfect.
Try it, you will go back for sure.

1  Thank Michel A
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I've lived in Abu Dhabi for over 5 years and I've been waiting for a place like Mirabel to open.. The food is freshly prepared and very tasty. The burgers are the best in Abu Dhabi by far.. The pastas are cooked to perfection and I have my sandwiches delivered to my work almost every day without the usal Abu Dhabi wait... They come within 15 minutes of ordering! The prices are very reasonable too.
The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is laid back and friendly. I'm so pleased I've found this place I want to let everyone know!!