““Bad Hostess”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
dubai
““Bad Hostess”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

When we entered not greeted or looked at, I was ask how many as she keep her head down looking at the counter. She picked up two menus and turned to the left and walked to a table, put down the menus and walked away. My wife and I were ready to get up and leave, the waitress came over and greeted us,took our order, the meal was good, but we were still up set with the hostess. When we left, she was at the counter playing with a cell phone, here again she did not look at me, took the money and gave me back the change. We noticed that she greeted the people she knew. We will not go back, for a great greeting, good service and outstanding food go to The Over E which we did three times.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank hala m

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fancy and delicious”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Good taste but a bit expensive. I went with my husband to celebrate our anniversary, it was a good choice.

Ukraine- Egypt- Emirates
“never again”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

so small food for so big money !
As night club its terrible !!! only very doubtful people are inside, when I went there myself I was afraid men will think I am working there as well :) I would not go again to spoil my reputation

Visited June 2012
2 Thank travelerNatalia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not the greatest place in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food was ok, the location is top, the service was poor, and the interior a little bit too "cold" and "stiff". It wasn't a relaxing place to enjoy a dinner. Their chocolate fondant was a bummer. A great wine chart. Weird VIP seating arrangements on quiet nights... Even if you dine and eat in the restaurant for more than the required amount to get a table in the bar, you still don't get a table in the bar.

• Visited May 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very enjoyable experience.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had a fabulous evening at Etoiles in Emirates Palace. The WOW factor for me was the presentation of the food and the Menu.
Started off with the Squid and Chicken Salad for entree's. The squid was presented on a glass rectangular plate, thin noodles topped with pieces of tender tasty squid, caramelised peanuts and I have to say this was my top 5 of entree's ever. My partner had the chicken salad and that was just as great, had a lovely dressing with a hint of coriander and went so well together, we had to share.
On to the mains and I had the Sea Bream which was very nice, my partner had the Steak cooked to perfection with mushrooms and topped with onion rings and a side of pepper sauce. The steak was a real winner here.
For dessert we had Sticky Date pudding and Creme Caramel.....in a word YUM.
Service was outstanding, drinks menu is extensive.
I found the seating to be comfortable. Lighting was romantic and the chandeliers were amazing.
We had an 8pm reservation and left by 11pm, towards the end of our meal they were setting up for the nightclub in the adjacent section so if you want a quiet dinner I would start no later than 8. I found it to be nice and romantic, after this time (11pm) I should imagine the music would get younger as would the crowd!
If I had one gripe it would be the receptionist on the front counter, I went to the ladies once while dining and walked past again when leaving and 3 of four times I went by she had her head buried deep in her mobile, we did not get Thanks for coming, hope you had a great evening etc, minor I know but just my observation.. This did not hinder my visit at all but was just unprofessional for an establishment such as this.

• Visited July 2012