“may 2013 treat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #60 of 2,021 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award winning celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White brings his culinary expertise for the first time to Abu Dhabi. Set apart with its dramatic interior design, including a back lit 'flame' wall, guests will experience an eclectic combination of innovative grill cuisine and classic English fare, accompanied by an extensive wine selection, all under the close supervision of our Chef de Cuisine, Wesley Berghoff.
wigan
“may 2013 treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

a little expensive but only what you would expect for this type of restaurant. food was good if lacking a little wow factor. scallop and lobster starter the lobster was char-grilled and a bit chewy. the steaks were really tasty and well cooked. side dishes were enough for 2 in each order so only order between you. deserts were again very tasty. service was attentive without being overbearing. the decor was dark and intimate and the long open fireplace was nice to look at.
we both enjoyed our meal and would recommend it to others. would we do it again probably not.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FairmontBabAlBahr, Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Management Team at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, November 17, 2016
Dear mndTurner,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for dining with us and taking the time to post your overwhelming review. It brings us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your dinner. We truly appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming your return to Fairmont Bab Al Bahr in the near future.

• Greek first
Qatar
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love this place! This is where I go when I need a little treat or tlc. They do simple at its best. Prawn cocktail, amazing steak and triple cooked chips, and any of their desserts are fab. Impeccable service and attention. Lovely staff.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TinyTinks
Dear TinyTinks,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review regarding Marco Pier White Steakhouse & Grill. We truly appreciate your kind words; it would be our pleasure to see you back at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Delectable food, impeccable service, enjoyable ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband brought me to Marco Pierre for a Mother's Day dinner. Initially I decided it was too extravagant and expensive, but then decided to enjoy it as a special occasion. It IS extravagant and expensive, however, it was truly delicious. Every single bite - from the crabcake to the homemade breads and butter to the amazing wine to the filet, mushrooms, chips and tahaitian vanilla creme brulee, everything was delectable. Not someplace you go regularly, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. Our server, Nicole was perfect. Immediately available when needed, but otherwise took care of us without notice. Her recommendations were on the spot. One small criticism. We were seated against a wall with a fireplace display enclosed in glass. As the meal progressed, it got hotter and hotter - to the point that I was quite uncomfortable. When I asked if they could turn it down a bit (they were gas flames) I was informed that it only has two settings - on or off. They offered to move our table, but since we were already ordering dessert, we stayed put. However, I did move my chair to the other side of the table. They noted that many complain about this. If this is the case, why don't they do something about it?

Otherwise, the food was delectable, the service impeccable and the ambiance enjoyable

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AmericanExpat1972
Dear AmericanExpat1972,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill and your very positive review. We are delighted that you choose our outlet to dine and it would be our great pleasure, to have you as our guest once again in the near future.

Dubai
“Absolutely Bloody Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I have lived in Dubai for four and a half years and until last year had never visited Abu Dhabi. We decided to rectify that with a foodie long weekend. We booked four nights in a hotel and made bookings at (the now sadly defunct) Amador, Quest and Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse & Grill.

Amador was amazing. Quest was fabulous. MPW's restaurant was.... crap.

So, why was it so bad? The service was patchy from the start. We were seated in a non-smoking area but might as well have been in the smoking section.

The food? Blech. We ordered foie gras and it came out absolutely full of veins. When I complained to the waiter he didn't understand what the problem was. I asked him to get me the chef so that I could talk to someone who might get it. He brought me the maître d' instead. Fine, at least she understood that what was on my plate was unacceptable and she offered us both a complimentary foie gras terrine - which was quite tasty.

We had ordered a glass of champagne each to enjoy with our foie gras. It came out warm and flat.

Next, we both ordered the Wagyu steak. At 400dhs each you expect this steak to be sublime. When we were asked how we'd like it done we deferred to the chef and said we'd accept it the way he decided to cook it (expecting rare or at the most medium-rare). What came out was a tough, well-done nugget of thin, dry, rubbery meat. The chef, in all his "wisdom" had decided to butterfly the (supposedly, but I suspect NOT really) Wagyu steak and then sear it until it was black on the outside and grey in the middle. It was virtually inedible. I was horrified.

At this point, we'd been in the restaurant about 35 minutes and were about ready to leave. My husband convinced me to get dessert - and since I hadn't eaten my awful steak, I decided it might be a good idea. After all, MPW is renowned for his Eton Mess and it had been one of the reasons we'd booked the restaurant in the first place.

What came out was not Eton Mess, as I know it. It was a mess, sure. But not in a good way. The berries were flavourless (and more white than red). The cream was sickly sweet. The meringue looked like it had come from a packet. It was tasteless and... in keeping with the theme of the evening, just awful.

I don't usually write negative reviews of places, but I just had to with this one. I HATED this restaurant SO much. Do not spend your money here. Go anywhere else. ANYWHERE.

I find it interesting that MPW's venture into the Dubai dining scene (aptly named Titanic - LOL!) isn't doing so well. Marco needs to learn that you can't just stick your name above a restaurant and expect people to eat there. You need to provide staff that know what they're doing, and a kitchen that creates food that is edible.

Epic fail

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank BurjBetty
Dear BurjBetty,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your restaurant experience in Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill. Our aim is to offer an exciting and high quality steakhouse experience in a unique environment at good value to our guests.
We thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to the food. All your comments have been forwarded to the culinary team and will assist us in improving our product.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
“Very Pricey, with below average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food at the restaurant was quite expensive. I have eaten better steaks for far less money. The starter of Scallops and Lobster was heavily under seasoned and we asked for salt and pepper.

The Service wasn't great. The waiter had a very elaborate decanter from which he insisted on pouring the wine, this was poured all over the table and one of our parties Cameras, so we asked he used the bottle. In fairness the manager came to apologise.

I asked for my steak rare and it came well done, so I sent it back, by the time I got it back all of other diners I was with had eaten and the shared sides were cold.
I probably wouldn't have a huge issue with this if it wasn't the fact that we were paying approx. £200 per head.

Visited March 2013
Dear Raq108,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Marco Pier White Steakhouse & Grill and taking the time to post your valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments and have shared your review with our relevant departments. Our entire team is looking forward to have you as our guest once again in the near future.