“The best fillet steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #60 of 2,021 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award winning celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White brings his culinary expertise for the first time to Abu Dhabi. Set apart with its dramatic interior design, including a back lit 'flame' wall, guests will experience an eclectic combination of innovative grill cuisine and classic English fare, accompanied by an extensive wine selection, all under the close supervision of our Chef de Cuisine, Wesley Berghoff.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best fillet steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We visited MPW while staying at the Fairmont hotel. Everything about the restaurant was excellent.
The restaurant is a good size but not too large that you lose the intimate feel. The service was excellent, efficient but not over bearing.
As for the food we thought it was perfect. The bread that they serve is delicious. Its served as a whole loaf but includes four differnt flavours with various butters, its a struggle not too eat it all and ruin your mains!
The steak we had was exceptional, the fillet I had melted in your mouth and was cooked to perfection exactly as we ordered.
It is expensive but given the service and the quality of the food we did not think it was over priced. We would defineately eat there again when we are in Abu Dhabi.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontBabAlBahr, Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Management Team at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, November 16, 2016
Dear ammoss,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your dinner with us in Marco Pier White Steakhouse & Grill. Our entire team is looking forward to have you as our guest once again in the near future.

• Greek first
Houston, Texas
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I had dinner at Marco Pierre White with a group of colleagues. I actually was following all the hype the restaurant was getting after it opened as one of the first restaurants in Abu Dhabi to be open by a famous chef and was looking forward to the experience. The atmosphere of the place is very cozy and classy. Loved the colors they used. The restaurant is on the small size, not as grand as it looks on the Fairmont Abu Dhabi website.
Food:
I had a crab cake for appetizer and it was good, although I cannot say that I would order it again, but I could tell that passion was put in too making it. For main, I had a filet. I had to agree with the previous reviewer that it was not good at all. I had steaks at other places in the capital of the UAE that definitely outshines this one many time over. The price of it was $$$$$ as well. It was chewy although I asked for it as medium. Not top caliber beef used here for sure. The sauces accompanying the steak were ok. Sides seemed like what you get at any other place, nothing special. For dessert, I had the sticky cake and it was the highlight of the night. Very yummy and good.
One thing that I did not like at all, although I did not pick up the bill and I was invited is exactly what the previous reviewer mentioned. The water issue, this is what I want to call it. One might ask how someone can have an issue with bottled water. The waiters, we were served by two due to the size of the group, asked everyone to pick sparkling or still at the beginning. The issue is that the restaurant uses VOSS Artisan water from Norway, which is exteremly expensive. Each big bottle will set you back more than $15 plus. If I counted correctly, and I was not, the waiters openned and served more than 15 of those bottles. I mean, it is ok, I want to drink water, but to keep opening bottles and refilling glasses without asking is I am sorry to say rude, and it is an obvious attempt at maximizing the beverage charges. This is supposed to be a classy place with discriminating clients. You will be paying above and beyond for your food, and there is no need to try to maximize the profit this way. It is a complete turn off even for discriminating people that enjoy fine dining.
Service:
Was very attentive and professional. Not intrusive.
Value for money:
This is an expensive fine dining place. Expect to pay upward to $150/person for an appetizer, entre, and dessert executing drinks.

• Visited April 2011
Dear 007MoJo,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your restaurant experience in Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill. Our aim is to offer an exciting and high quality steakhouse experience in a unique environment at good value to our guests.
We thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to the food. All your comments have been forwarded to the culinary team and will assist us in improving our product.

With kind regards,

abu dhabi
“Expensive and awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

With all the hype surrounding the restaurant, my wife and I expected a great meal. I am a steak lover (raised in Texas) and was hoping to be wowed and to really see the difference between regular steakhouses and one created by a world famous chef. Well I saw the difference alright!

Some positives:

the sticky toffee pudding for dessert was amazing
the staff were very friendly and attentive

Negatives:

The steaks were a real letdown. We had the tenderloin and striploin. The tenderloin was chewy and stringy.
The triple cooked fries were good but very salty and very greasy and left a terrible after-taste
We were asked if we wanted water a few times despite saying no.

Couldn't believe the amount these guys were charging.

If you want a great steak at a good price in Abu Dhabi, go to 18oz in the OnetoOne hotel.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank ynwanfield
Dear ynwanfield,

We thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to the food. All your comments has been forwarded to the culinary team and will assist us in improving our product.

With kind regards,

Sao Paulo
“Restaurant with no food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

We sat in this restaurant, ordered and the food never arrived. We received a lot of excuses but no dinner.

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank peter_glazier
Dear peter_glazier,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Marco Pier White Steakhouse & Grill and taking the time to post your valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments and have shared your review with our relevant departments. Our entire team is looking forward to have you as our guest once again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic steak and wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Reviewed by Adam S.

Choosing a dining option in Abu Dhabi is not an easy task. With the plethora of five star hotels offering excellent variety and quality of cuisine, one could be forgiven for spending more time choosing where to eat, rather than actually in the restaurant of choice itself. When faced with such a tough decision, it's only natural to gravitate to a well known name of unquestionable culinary calibre. A healthy disposition towards red meat made the choice easier too. Accordingly, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse & Grill was the venue for my solo dinner on Friday 22 April. Although a I doubt Marco dons the whites here himself, his integrity in the industry gave me comfort that he wouldn't lend his name to anything less than a quality operation.

The Fairmont is one of Abu Dhabi's most luxurious hotels and it was no surprise that the lobby and a quick restroom pitstop on arrival were interior design experiences in themselves.

After being warmly greeted in typical Arabian style, I was shown to my table with a very comfortable tan leather armchair. Ashwarth, my sever, kindly welcomed me and kicked off proceedings with a bottle of Voss still water - a little piece of Norway in the heart of AD. Then the champagne trolley rolled by, options of brut or rose Veuve were deflected by a request for a beer, Peroni on tap did the trick.

The menu offered a broad, but not uncomfortably large range of options. Starters included duck, soups, salads and oysters. Mains included a very clever surf and turf choose your own combination option, as well as seafood and lamb. But it was a simple piece of beef I was after tonight. The selection was between American certified Angus from Nebraska and Wagyu from Margaret River.

I chose to start with seared foie gras with apple butter, followed by the Angus 300g fillet accompanied by mushroom sauce and MPWs signature triple cooked chips. Ashwarth told me that I ordered exactly what he would have if he was dining there, and without any hint of insincerity that every customer hears the same thing.

The bread man came next with three types - onion, mustard and cheddar. And what do you get to go with three breads? Three types of butter of course - salted, spiced apricot and mustard. They all lent a nice flavor.

The foie gras was very tasty indeed. Accented by walnuts and the sumptuous apple butter as well as toasted almond crispbread, it certainly warranted the gavaging that went into its creation.

A glass of French red accompanied my steak, and what a piece of meat it was. Epitomizing medium rare, this magnificent fillet was juicy, succulent and melted in my mouth. The mushroom sauce was light and flavorsome, but the meat was so divine, it needn't be tampered with. The triple cooked chips were as good as you'd hope for, but hey, with almost 20% of the world's oil resources, why not cook them ten times?!

The ambience of the restaurant was befitting the quality of food served. Comfortable chairs, cool architectural lines and a row of multi-shaped decanters provided a modern setting. A background of jazz instrumentals, although beyond the reach of Shazam, were pleasant tunes nonetheless.

With a monicker in Melbourne as 'Le Profesor de Postres', the dessert menu here was certainly not going to pass me by. As tempting as the apple pie and creme brûlée were, my tastebuds were calling for cocoa. The Valronha chocolate mousse and a Frangelico were a great way to end my meal. Garnished with milk, white and dark chocolate sheets, the mousse was a well balanced texture of creamy pleasure, and the right weight of chocolate richness.

The attentive, but not imposing, service did not recede throughout the meal. All in all, it was a most pleasurable meal. At 380dhr plus drinks, taxes and tip (final total 800dhr), it's not an everyday dinner option, but for the quality of cuisine, variety of choices, top notch service and focus on premium product, Marco's offers Abu Dhabi diners a seriously good grill that more than holds its own against the best of Australia, the US or UK.

A cab ride to the Millenium Hotel for a glass of Bollinger at Bar Cristal was clearly a winning way to finish the night. Was it a good Good Friday? Yes indeed, a grand way to end lent.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank adamontour
Dear Adamontour,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review regarding Marco Pier White Steakhouse & Grill. We truly appreciate your kind words; it would be our pleasure to see you back at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.